BUGS, PROBLEMS & PC CRASHING............

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
GOOD NEWS: we basically fixed most of worst bugs!!!
A special Poll has been up for months, now, and it shows a huge percentage of players running 1755 great!! :mrgreen:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157351.0.html

PLS keep in mind, though, that you need a powerful pc for this mod. I personally have to play low/medium video performance with my cheap pc.

Please BEFORE reporting your "bugs" here, be sure it is a REAL bug and not just something you did not like or understand.

In case of serious PC problems

In order to prevent the same questions from being asked over and over again, when you get a CTD or Heavy Lag:
-If it's a CTD try to explain in detail what you were doing when the crash happened. Include things such as your ingame settings and such. For the heavy lag please include your ingame settings as well as your Pc specs.

Causes
1. For Windows Vista/7 Anything above a 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and 512mb. Windows xp is pretty much the same with a bit more leave way in terms of ram requirements. (Laptops require even more, unless its a laptop built specifically for gaming with high end specs a laptop performs horribly for gaming)

2. Having "Textures on Demand" not checked in the configure settings. (For every PC)

3. Having "Force Single Threading" not checked in the advanced settings. (Primarily for dual or quad core PC's)

4. Putting Ragdolls and Corpses to unlimited. (10 Ragdolls/40 Corpses or less is usually what you want)

5. Having your battlesizer over 200. (I suggest only going above 150 for PC's that exceed the specs I stated above)

6. Having your performance % under 100%. (The better the game looks, the slower it will run)

7. Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used. Also M&B gets real anal when you alt + tab out of the game and typically crashes)

8. Having Anti-Aliasing on anything other than off/none. (For a game with graphics like M&B's this doesn't really do anything anyways, but your PC thinks it does and will still use massive amounts of video memory to try and make it work)

9. Having Edit mode selected in the advanced settings. (Only use this for debugging and never for actually playing the game)

10. You installed the mod incorrectly and screwed something up. (It happens sometimes, deal with it)

Potential Fixes

1. Battlesizer to 100 or less. (Will help performance and CTD's)

2. Video settings to "Low". (Will help performance)

3. Using Direct X7. (Looks crappy but helps low end PC's alot)

4. Use the "Start Windowed" option in settings with 800x600 resolution. (Will help performance)

5. Set max frame rate to 70. Even less, 60 or even 50!!!!! (The human eye can only see 60 fps tops anyways, and that's with perfect vision. Having it set to a high number just because your PC can do it isn't always a good idea)
I solved all my problems with this issue, and REMOVING BLOOD!!!!

6. Completely uninstall M&B and delete all files/registry files and do a fresh install. (Sometimes files become corrupted for whatever reason)

7. Turn off your networking and anti virus when you play the game, if you're using a hardcord for your networking unplug it from your PC just incase. (This will free up memory, which the game uses a ton of)

This is what I've experimented with during my time playing M&B. I personally use a 3ghz dual core, 4 gigs of ram, 2257mb video memory, and windows 7 64-bit. I never CTD, I don't lag in the battle maps with max settings and 250 battlesizer, and I have slight stutter on the World Map.

No matter how good your PC is, you will get stutter/lag on the World Map. This is due to the game's engine processing so many scripts constantly, and there is nothing you or Othr can do to fix that minus removing alot of ****.

If you are getting errors that show up with the red text, go into the notes and screen shot it then place it on the bugs board. More than likely it's an error in your installation because I have yet to see another one since this last patch.

If you get a CTD and it gives a pop-up with what caused it to crash take a screen shot of that and place it on the bugs board.
If you haven't bothered to read this far and just spam the board I'll ask Othr to just delete your post and your questions will just be ignored. As new problems/fixes are found I'll add them to the list and let you all know it's been updated.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

.1st 
WHEN STARTING M&B WB AND CHOOSING 1755 MOD, GO TO "CONFIGURE" AND THEN TO "HIDE BLOOD"  / "ENABLE CHEATS" (they both should NOT be marked if you have PC performances problem). GO THEN TO "ADVANCED" AND CHECK IF "Enable Edit Mode" is on.
(It should be OFF for best performance)

.2nd
TURN DOWN ALL YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS, ALL OF THEM TO MINIMUM, BUT EXPECIALLY
"MAX FRAME RATE" TO 60
"TREES DETAILS" AND ANY "SHADER/SHADOWS" TO MINIMUM
- Do not set to zero "Monitor Gamma" of course....or your monitor will become BLACK! :grin:

.3rd 
TURN TO MINIMUM "BATTLE SIZE" AND ALL POSSIBLE GAME OPTIONS, EVEN INDICATORS.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

THX  :grin:

Gabrilduro and his team

IMPORTANT:

1755 OLD FRONTIER IS MADE TO RUN ONLY WITH ORIGINAL WAR BAND UPDATED TO V. 1. 143 or at least v. 1.134

öhm...I don't know if this was already said but if a army will siege a fortress, they built an army and start siege it, but after a while they stop and start siege again. one general do this 10 minutes, till I use the break of the one second before he start siege again, for taking the castle by myself.

ConnerMcRyan said:
öhm...I don't know if this was already said but if a army will siege a fortress, they built an army and start siege it, but after a while they stop and start siege again. one general do this 10 minutes, till I use the break of the one second before he start siege again, for taking the castle by myself.
I am sorry, may you use easier words for me? I am not sure I understand.....and are you sure that is still happening with last version 2.8?
Thx Gab

Just wondering if this is a bug or not :smile:

When doing a custom battle I started one siege as defender, I and my troops spawned on the walls :p
The enemy and his troops spawned on other parts of the wall and in the fortress :grin: Not sure what I had to defend :p ^^

GABRILDURO said:
ConnerMcRyan said:
I am sorry, may you use easier words for me? I am not sure I understand.....and are you sure that is still happening with last version 2.8?
Thx Gab

That what appen if you use a bad translator, usualy I would recomend that even if you are not sure of your abilities with english, try to write your self. Translators make everything worst.

I think that he means, that when an army siege a casttle it usualy doens't mantain the siege, becouse usualy go around chasing bandits. So that leaves him with the oportunity to cheat (?) and to continue the siege from where the other army left it? (?)... im not sure.

Swordyke said:
Just wondering if this is a bug or not :smile:

When doing a custom battle I started one siege as defender, I and my troops spawned on the walls :p
The enemy and his troops spawned on other parts of the wall and in the fortress :grin: Not sure what I had to defend :p ^^
Ya, not finished scene, actually....but I wanted to make a "messier" action than usual sieges.

Nord Champion said:
Umm I may be wrong or you have already addressed this or something but I can fire multiple times from one bullet....
Ciao!
Oh yes, all pistols are pairs and some weapons are a bunch of guns (like 10 muskets or 10 pistols) :grin:

GABRILDURO said:
Oh yes, all pistols are pairs and some weapons are a bunch of guns (like 10 muskets or 10 pistols) :grin:
First, thank you for a great musket age mod. The American frontier is almost ideal setting for M&B style gameplay in the musket age.

The pistols pair is a bit odd. I can see the purpose of this, but personally not to my taste. Anyway:

Odd things the equipment. Some example:
- tricorn hats with 40+ armor (my sword actually bounced off a hat...).
- hair band with huge armor values
- Rifles appear rotated in inventory screen
- melee pistols? what is the purpose of that?
- hand axes with huge damage stats (38-40p)
- crushthrough flag on some irrelevant weapons (crushthrough only works with overhead strikes). Not a real problem though.
- A few native (warband, not american) items still appear in shops.

Character creation:
- I start with 42 strength and 25 agi. Is that intentional? If so it means that the only ability I will ever increase is int and I will swim in skill points. Starting with somewhat higher stats than typical in native is fine, but this is perhaps a bit overboard.
- I always start with Indian equipment. You can add another menu in character creation that asks for your origin. The selected option will set your cloths and perhaps the weapon (Euro or American native).

Skill names and associated weapons:
- Are muskets considered "crossbows"? in that case the skill name in the character screen should be renamed. It is a bit confusing.
- Pistols use the same skill a muskets? Why not use the firearms skill instead? Just enable it from the module.ini. If this is a problem of muskets and pistols sharing the same ammo then make them both firearms instead of both crossbows. I think that there are also a few differences in the core mechanics of firearms vs. crossbow skills.

Hunting:
- the boars have an indian face and they talk to me before I hunt them...
- they charge in once and then idle about until I kill them.

Village Bandits:
- villages are attacked by wild boars in the village infested by bandits quests...

The mod looks VERY promising, even though it is clearly still in development. Thank you for the effort!

CIAO!
First of all thx for taking so much time and effort to make such a detailed and constructive list.
I will answer in CAPS (in order to distinguish my writing) to you, ok
?
mouthnhoof said:
GABRILDURO said:
First, thank you for a great musket age mod. The American frontier is almost ideal setting for M&B style gameplay in the musket age.
THX!!
The pistols pair is a bit odd. I can see the purpose of this, but personally not to my taste.
SOME LIKE, SOME DON T I KNOW...
Anyway:

Odd things the equipment. Some example:
- tricorn hats with 40+ armor (my sword actually bounced off a hat...).
- hair band with huge armor values
- hand axes with huge damage stats (38-40p)
- crushthrough flag on some irrelevant weapons (crushthrough only works with overhead strikes).
IT IS JUST TO CREATE A SURPRISE IN FIGHTING....YOU NEVER KNOW EXACTLY HOW STRONG YOUR ENEMY WILL BE....LIKE IN REAL LIFE, EVEN IF SAME TROOPS, SEE?
- Rifles appear rotated in inventory screen
WE ARE NOT REALLY ABLE TO ARRANGE THAT, OUR BAD... :cry:
- melee pistols? what is the purpose of that?
ONLY ONE, THE NATIVE, IS MELEE....JUST FOR CHANGE
Not a real problem though.
- A few native (warband, not american) items still appear in shops.
I ALWAYS FORGET SMTH :evil: BUT SOME STILL GO WITH 18TH CENT LOOK.... :grin:
Character creation:
- I start with 42 strength and 25 agi. Is that intentional? If so it means that the only ability I will ever increase is int and I will swim in skill points. Starting with somewhat higher stats than typical in native is fine, but this is perhaps a bit overboard.
MOST OF PLAYERS ASKED FOR THAT, AND EVEN HIGHER....MOSTLY FOR "SHORT TIME" OR "LOW GAMING" REASONS....I PERSONALLY DISLIKE THE "HANDICAPPED" VALUES OF A NEW GAME IN WB....YOU CAN BARELY FIGHT LIKE THAT.
- I always start with Indian equipment. You can add another menu in character creation that asks for your origin. The selected option will set your cloths and perhaps the weapon (Euro or American native).
IT IS JUST BECAUSE OF "CUSTOM BATTLES" PURPOSE. UNASSIGNED TROOPS OF MP ONLY FACTIONS (1776 GB& AMERICANS, OUTLAWS....ETC) SPAWN LIKE INDIANS LIKE THAT....WHICH IS FINE IN THIS MOD
Skill names and associated weapons:
- Are muskets considered "crossbows"? in that case the skill name in the character screen should be renamed. It is a bit confusing.
- Pistols use the same skill a muskets? Why not use the firearms skill instead? Just enable it from the module.ini. If this is a problem of muskets and pistols sharing the same ammo then make them both firearms instead of both crossbows. I think that there are also a few differences in the core mechanics of firearms vs. crossbow skills.
YA, WE HAVE TO CHANGE NAMES BUT REMEMBER THAT FIREARMS ARE ASSIGNED ALREADY TO ....HAND CANNONS (BTW...did you ever try to defend Venango or Albany new forts (THX Anitigonos!!) with an Hand Ramrod "fake" cannon, close to a real static cannon?? I love that feeling.....so many troops attacking and so much fun in taking them down...I d love for someone to make a video on this... :grin: )

Hunting:
.....IT IS A VISION....FROM THE TERRIBLE...INDIAN WITCHER!!! :shock:
AND IF YOU HUNT HIS BEWITCHED WILD ANIMALS (sounds better than Boars..he he he)....HE WILL FIGHT YOU WITH THEM, HIS MAGIC AND....HIS FAST/STRONG WEAPONS!!!!
hah ah ah...did I make you scared?? mmm, don t think so :grin:
Ok that was the story....but also consider that I experiment things, since I really have no knoledge in this stuff..he he...I like my hunting, though...I hate killing unarmed animals.- they charge in once and then idle about until I kill them.

Village Bandits:
- villages are attacked by wild boars in the village infested by bandits quests...
SAME AS UP ABOVE
The mod looks VERY promising, even though it is clearly still in development. Thank you for the effort!

THX VERY MUCH...NOW PLS FEEDBACK ON MY ANSWERS.
I D LIKE TO SEE WHERE YOU AGREE AND WHEN YOU DONT OK? :grin:
gab
Ps...uuuh it took me for ever to answer like this. see, this is the problem most of the time....LACK OF TIME! :cry:

I got a nowere mentioned bug:i can create my character, but after i press the Done botton after name him etc. and the scene where you get attacked by a bandit or something should normaly start just a black screen appears, i can hear my computer load but then it crashes.
I tryed the fixes like the /3gb /blabla thingy or this increasing. it didnt helped  :sad:

thingolus said:
I got a nowere mentioned bug:i can create my character, but after i press the Done botton after name him etc. and the scene where you get attacked by a bandit or something should normaly start just a black screen appears, i can hear my computer load but then it crashes.
I tryed the fixes like the /3gb /blabla thingy or this increasing. it didnt helped  :sad:
reduce your texture 40 or 50 , don't make all graphic option too HIGH, and battle size reduce to 100 or 120

Ok, i lowered now everything possible, and it works :smile: But its very very instable.

And why does this game crush if the graphics are to high by the way?

BECAUSE WE ADDED SO MANY THINGS ALL TOGETHER.....THEY LOOK GOOD BUT THEY "SUCK" TOO MUCH MEMORY CARD.... :cry: :cry:
Gab

GABRILDURO said:
Hunting:
.....IT IS A VISION....FROM THE TERRIBLE...INDIAN WITCHER!!! :shock:
AND IF YOU HUNT HIS BEWITCHED WILD ANIMALS (sounds better than Boars..he he he)....HE WILL FIGHT YOU WITH THEM, HIS MAGIC AND....HIS FAST/STRONG WEAPONS!!!!
hah ah ah...did I make you scared?? mmm, don t think so :grin:
Ok that was the story....but also consider that I experiment things, since I really have no knoledge in this stuff..he he...I like my hunting, though...I hate killing unarmed animals.- they charge in once and then idle about until I kill them.

hahahahhahaha :lol:    :wink:

Ha ha ha... :grin: :grin: I am a weirdo...I know!! :grin:....but honestly, 1755 was too much "historically serious"! ....and I don t like hunting poor armless deers :twisted:
Gab :wink:

Hmmmm Not sure if this is the same as the guy from above, but when attacking wild animals, kill the boar then an invisible rock comes running at me, very hard to kill ghost, human, animal, thing....

Thule said:
Hmmmm Not sure if this is the same as the guy from above, but when attacking wild animals, kill the boar then an invisible rock comes running at me, very hard to kill ghost, human, animal, thing....

Its somesort of an Indian spirit,that possesed the Wild bore...

Just throw a bomb or get a big axe and start swinging it everywhere!

GABRILDURO said:
Nord Champion said:
Umm I may be wrong or you have already addressed this or something but I can fire multiple times from one bullet....
Ciao!

Ehh, I don't like that feature very much :/

Hmmm a lot of these comments belong in "suggestions" and not "bugs." Some of the things being put out here are matters of personal taste to the player. For example I love the "Indian spirits" and others may find them irritating but are they a "bug" or just something you, personally, don't like?

Back
Top Bottom