Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

Work in progress:
TSvyOt1.jpg

UhDY3qc.jpg

Did a bit more work, still looks a bit too much like a crayon tip now that you mention it though. How can I fix that? :smile:

I don't think it should be such a smooth mountain, if it's a mountain make it sharp, rugged, and it also shouldn't so nicely go to the top, has to break off at some point, then be higher and stuff. Also brown and grey rock textures.

rough-edges-27100448.jpg
Your mountain should look like that. You need more edges, more textures and it should be erratic. I always do that like that: 1. Use ground elevate on different heights (about 5 height differences between each level) and make different levels 2. Texture the steep parts with the 2 different stone textures 3. Smooth the edges a littlebit, so that it does not look weird 4. Always try to stay as close as possible to real mountains (to the picture above)
You should restart the scene and make it bigger, as Adorno said. It will be very annoying if you can not walk around the whole scene. Also if you want the scene to become really good, I would double the size, make more mountains (because it looks weird if theres just one mountain and the rest is flat), build up the whole castle and not just a bit and add a landscape around the castle.
A fast sketch (I sometimes do them for big scenes), for your castle:
lusm54zaik7f.png
The Black around your castle are the mountains.

The Dark Robin said:
UhDY3qc.jpg
Did a bit more work, still looks a bit too much like a crayon tip now that you mention it though. How can I fix that? :smile:

@Robin
Dude, do this, Replace that top temple with this build :grin: i dumped the idea so ... make it yours.
UxSeqtx.jpg
7Oa7Fd7.jpg
RdNaC06.jpg
QlkOJNt.jpg

Thank you everyone for the ideas, I have fixed the mountain somewhat I think.
Di6MpMT.jpg

Bpopa, I am not sure I could make that. Where did you get all those statues?
Adorno, I know about the border for passable terrain, the courtyard is not a place where the player can travel.

I just saw it ...

Warband seems more obsolet now ... Want it right now ! Where is Taleworlds Studio ! I will kidnap the developpers.
Like in Misery ...  :mrgreen:

Wow! Can't wait to see it finished.
I was expecting something from taleworlds that is finally a leap forward from the last game (which Warband wasn't) but this is truely amazing.

Back
Top Bottom