Native LSP 2D Art Face Improvement Project

Users who are viewing this thread

Iboltax

Squire
Improved Male Faces

This mod replaces the male heads in the game with higher detail, nicer looking ones. It changes the head morphs used in character creation to allow for greater variety and it also adds 12 new skins.

This is the first release so there could be issues. Report any here.
Version 1.0 download
M & B Repository
Rapidshare Mirror

Comparison of Default faces from my mod vs the native faces.
nativevsnew1.jpg

nativevsnew3.jpg

New Skins
newskins12.jpg

newskins11.jpg

newskins10.jpg

newskins9.jpg

newskins8.jpg

newskins7.jpg

newskins6.jpg

newskins5.jpg

newskins4.jpg

newskins3.jpg

newskins2.jpg

newskins1.jpg

Old preview of Lords faces with the new meshes. (these are outdated, They're actually a little more normalized in their proportions in the finished version)
compare16.jpg

compare14.jpg

compare13.jpg

compare12.jpg

compare11.jpg

compare9.jpg

compare8.jpg

compare6.jpg

compare5.jpg

compare3.jpg

compare1.jpg

This pack is LSP, feel free to use it in your mods. Do not redistribute in any commercial form or sell in any way.

Some of them definitely look better then the previous but some look like complete morphs of the original with barely any resemblance. I think it would be a good idea to add those to the original faces because it will allow for more possibilities.

Nice work some of them looking realy improved but some have quiet strange proportoins. Some have their front pulled up too much.

The guys 4 and 6 of comparison look as if they have a serious pain in the ass :lol:

Yeah, unfortunately because the morphs I used are slightly different than the original ones, the characters in the game aren't going to have a perfect resemblance to the ones before, some of them actually looked hilariously cartoony before I tweaked the morph settings. The trade off is that if I tone down the morphs you get more realistic and average looking characters but you get less options when actually creating characters so this is the medium that I've found. The morphs are just a little more extreme than what's in the default. The point is that the mesh is higher res and better constructed and the editing options available allow for a greater range of variation than the original thing.
I was considering redoing the vassal and king faces manually and then releasing that as part of the mod but it would be a hassle to install into any mod that edits the troops.txt and I'm not bothered enough by some of the goofy looking characters.

Pazanius said:
Haw haw haw
compare5e.jpg

Yes, you can now make characters of your favourite celebrities too

Gaius Julius said:
Nice work some of them looking realy improved but some have quiet strange proportoins. Some have their front pulled up too much.

The guys 4 and 6 of comparison look as if they have a serious pain in the ass :lol:

:lol:

Seriously, i don't care about the ressemblance with the native faces unless it makes the faces more realisitc, and yes it does.

congratulations

Very interesting.

To be honest, I've always found the skin textures to be the primary fault of M&B's faces, rather than the meshes themselves, but you've done an excellent job of making the meshes look more life like in many instances. Some texture work to add variation and take the glossiness away would make this truly outstanding.

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, I'm pretty close to releasing these male faces in some beta form. I'm still working a new face texture and tweaking the beards and hairs to fit the new mesh. I've also made a new normal map for the male face that is more detailed up close and tweaked the material settings so that the highlights aren't as intense and shiny.

Here's a preview comparison of the new face vs the default native.

nativevsnew1.jpg

nativevsnew3.jpg

Caba`drin said:
Some texture work to add variation and take the glossiness away would make this truly outstanding.
Agreed.
This really shows promise, hope you keep it up. I'll be following this thread...

Anyway, congrats on the work so far!

Iboltax said:
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, I'm pretty close to releasing these male faces in some beta form. I'm still working a new face texture and tweaking the beards and hairs to fit the new mesh. I've also made a new normal map for the male face that is more detailed up close and tweaked the material settings so that the highlights aren't as intense and shiny.

Here's a preview comparison of the new face vs the default native.

nativevsnew1.jpg

nativevsnew3.jpg
Most impressive looking, I will most certain use this when you make final version.  One small question, I know it is to early to ask this, but have you thought about reworking beards too?

Back
Top Bottom