Native LSP 2D Art Face Improvement Project

Users who are viewing this thread

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
Most impressive looking, I will most certain use this when you make final version.  One small question, I know it is to early to ask this, but have you thought about reworking beards too?

I have thought about this but its further down the list of things I'm thinking to do. As I'd like to improve the female faces first and then I might work on some armour models possibly, so really the beards are unlikely and I'm not sure if I'd be able to do much better than the native ones, not much of a beard expert.

KuroiNekouPL said:
Great job, but some of them IMO look kinda creepy :grin:

Thanks, the creepy....well some people do tend to look creepy in reality so I'm not thinking that's a bad thing. I intentionally wanted some of them to look a bit weird. 

Although I have to say that an issue I'm having is that some characters like your companions end up looking very wrong as a result and there's not much that can be done about it other than to manually edit those npc faces. But doing that isn't savegame compatible and its a bit of a pain to install a mod that does it over anything other than native. Soo....that's kind of the only downside of this, I'll try to think of some workaround or fix for some of the npc faces that end up looking weird.

Very nice!

Looking forward to seeing the end result and thus perhaps also the placement in Vikingr!

some of them do look better and i like the fact that their heads are no longer bulbous. but still some look worse, especially the caucasians. don't know if you can find a balance between the two.

thanks for the encouragement folks. I've been working on adding some new textures to increase the variety in the game. Some have turned out better than others but I think most are on pretty on par with the ones in the game already.

Still need to make old versions of each skin and a bunch of tweaking before its ready for release.

newskins12.jpg

newskins11.jpg

newskins10.jpg

newskins9.jpg

newskins8.jpg

newskins7.jpg

newskins6.jpg

newskins5.jpg

newskins4.jpg

newskins3.jpg

newskins2.jpg

newskins1.jpg

I'm not making any new beards but I've been having to do a lot of adjusting on the original beards to get them to fit as closely as possible. Currently a lot of them are floating a slight distance away from the face so I need to go in and try to get them as close without it intersecting when the face morphs.  Its super tedious so I've been putting off fixing it.

How much longer must we wait?!? XD this is so awesome lol. Btw will you be making any new hair models btw? Some more options would be cool

Are you ****ting me?! This is awesome! The only thing we need now is a better body and a proper standing animation, because the current one makes people look as if they have a really bad spinal curvature.

This looks great, I can't wait to use this mod for my game.  Thank you for back breaking work of offering a bit more realism to the unusual faces of M&B :smile:

Most of the faces in my opinion look great, even the odd looking ones look very realistic compared to their prior when it comes to bone structure!

I have a feeling that your mod is going to do something similar for M&B to what Better Faces did for Morrowind!
Great work, their looking much more realistic!

Some of the face codes for characters in-game may need tweaking, but that's a small price to pay for better quality.

newskins11.jpg

newskins10.jpg

Great job ! Asian persons, such as it should, very well. Get plenty of fierce Chinese and Japanese individuals. Awesome !

Back
Top Bottom