Hitman Absolution

Users who are viewing this thread

Dodes

Count
The game has been confirmed and now there are screenshots have been leaked and verified. Five screens have reported been leaked, possibly more in viral videos, I could only find two. Another screenshot is one of the in-game company's carton of cigarettes with the last digits of the carton ending in 47.
Hitman 5 is an upcoming game in the Hitman series and is being developed by IO Interactive. Agent 47 will return as the protagonist. The game will be released around Christmas 2011 "at the earliest". Hitman 5 is on track and will make a debut at E3 in June. Hitman 5 or whatever it will be named will be the first Hitman game to be developed specially for the current generation consoles. There will be a PC version as well that will launch in the coming months.

img1287.jpg

1300672507.jpg

Let the speculation and nostalgia begin!

note: don't be afraid to revive if more news/screens/videos are released

Knowing the internal structure of IO, I'm going to give a wild guess and say it'll be a disappointment.

It's mostly that the controls are horribly ****ed up in console ports. :sad:
And some limitations due to the limited memory and such. But I wouldn't say that it ruins a game from the very start.

Then again.. how many good console ports were there recently?
Ah well, I'll keep an eye on this as I enjoyed the first two games quite a bit. I also seem to remember playing Blood Money on a friend's 360, but I have recollection of the game itself.

Hitman 5? I guess I must have missed versions 3 and 4. Still, hope they won't dumb down the game.

More challenge would be nice. I doubt it will work out that way, but one can always hope. Hope didn't do me very good for Splinter Cell: Conviction, though. I got watered-down stealth and a built-in wallhack-ready aimbot. Hopefully IO doesn't water down Hitman like Ubi did for all of their Tom Clancy titles.

I loved Blood Money (excellent ending!) and look forward to the next in the series.
These games' controls confound me on the PC! I weep that they have no controller support.

Looking forward to this one.  The only one I haven't played is the first one, just cuz I'm lazy.  I got it over winter break for $2.50 off of Steam.

I'm quite optimistic; Blood Money was multiplatform, and it was simply awesome. The "Murder of the Crows" mission is probably the best in the series. The controls were just fine for me, but that's really subjective.

Grauuu said:
Knowing the internal structure of IO, I'm going to give a wild guess and say it'll be a disappointment.

Really? What's up with IO?

Vadermath said:
Grauuu said:

For one thing, the whole original team that worked on the old hitman team is gone, leaving us with the new guys of Kane and Lynch fame. At the same time, IO is having some pretty serious internal problems between the different leaders not getting along that well.

I wouldn't expect much, but we'll see.

Grauuu said:
Vadermath said:
Grauuu said:

For one thing, the whole original team that worked on the old hitman team is gone, leaving us with the new guys of Kane and Lynch fame. At the same time, IO is having some pretty serious internal problems between the different leaders not getting along that well.

Noooooo!
****. I liked Hitman 1 and 2, but I really liked Contracts and loved Blood Money. I'll expect for eight missions and two hours of gameplay (a la Kane and Lynch 2).

Sounds like it could be disappointing, but the graphics do look fantastic- the wall in the first screenshot looks real to me (actually is that a real photo with agent 47 edited in?).

Radalan said:
Grauuu said:
Vadermath said:
Grauuu said:

Noooooo!
****. I liked Hitman 1 and 2, but I really liked Contracts and loved Blood Money. I'll expect for eight missions and two hours of gameplay (a la Kane and Lynch 2).

same, and now that I know this information about IO, I'm not expecting much from Hitman 5, eh, at least my lowered expectations won't result in disappointment

DanAngleland said:
Sounds like it could be disappointing, but the graphics do look fantastic- the wall in the first screenshot looks real to me (actually is that a real photo with agent 47 edited in?).

Yes. Probably a picture of their office window.

okay was just searching through and found another viral advertisement for Hitman 5, I really am liking this unique ad campaign personally, I wish more developers did this

hitman-5-teaser-viral-marketing-ad.jpg

The first clue include the signature Hitman barcode appearing in a catalog for the Sundance Film Festival which showed a box of donuts with a barcode ending in 47 branded with “Hitman series”

Alright teaser trailer has been released http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zXShFWlOmI&feature=feedu
It's now been given the official title of "Hitman Absolution"
  We've seen the first shot of the trailer in a screenshot, but the snake is new to me, and I'll give a bet has something to do with a character/story

Back
Top Bottom