Immortality - do you want it?

Users who are viewing this thread

2. Vampires are incredibly light, since they are bloodless. They are also very strong, so are able to jump many feet into the air, climb walls, and move incredibly fast.

3. Some vampires are said to be able to control the weather, become mist or bats or wolves, put people under trances, speak telepathically.

2. Vampires are not bloodless per se (they have vitae) and all the blood in our bodies doesn't really weight that much. They are only super humanly strong when they use their discipline of potence (or vigor if you like) and moving incredibly fast is done via the discipline of celerity, not every vampire is super fast.

3. Some vampires can indeed turn to mist and bats, this is done by the gangrel discipline of protean. Telepathy is in the domain of auspex though.

(isn't it funny when you speak of supposedly imaginary creatures like you spoke of real things)

Rathyr said:
Water accounts for a lot of weight I think.
And it accounts for a lot of volume too. And as far as I know only small part of the water in human body is actually blood (about 5 liters or so).

You could alway opt for the Dungeons & Dragons style Lich but then you couldn't go out to any social clubs or pick up easy women anymore, and those pesky adventurers would keep trying to steal your treasure, what a miserable immortality that would be. I still say Highlander movie or television show immortality is the best unless you are no good at making any money or keeping it, or if you get a four hundred year prison sentence and can actually live long enough to serve it.

would any one mind if i used thair openions of this topic for some English home work. i will only use those who dont mind and  only poasts relivent to the topic if you dont reply then i wont use it pleas pm me for your answer.  :mrgreen:

ok then but i dont owen a house nore do my parents and you wont get much monny from me and thairs to many people to prtect my ass to let you bern me at a the stake plus the death sentance is not legale in England any more besides i would not coppy any thing with out the righters permishion so i woant quote you or any one elce for that mater unles i have thair permishion other wise

all this talk of outliving the universe seems like most of you would squander your immortality with whining that your bored, do you think god just created the universe because he was entertained, no he did it because he was bored, and once you get bored after knowing enough to create a whole universe from nothing in a few days then you'd never have to be bored at all.  personally my reason for being able to be killed would be the fact that should i be invulnerable i'd have a moral obligation to save lives, and that would get rather bad since i'd push myself to insanity to do it.  i wouldn't want to be an elf, they are so emotional that when all there freinds die they will die of despair, vampires have their own flaws as well, i guess it is eternal youth for me.

You can go ahead and use my silly comments if you want too, but just remember that I am a Sultan and can have your hands chopped off. I'm joking of course because I'm more like a secret agent of international  mystery and intrigue. I would like to add that I agree with jamoecw, God was bored and lonely and that is probably where that mean streak came from. And also beauty and madness.

I wouldnt rule out the possibility that god was bored when he created the world. Imagine how much fun you would have every day, watching little people from afar with their own personell dramas/wars/conversations/philosiphies/ arguments/ fights. All the while meddling just a weee bit. :mrgreen:

Well it's true! Immortallity doesn't even mean you cannot be hurt! You could fall down some stairs and get your head twisted backwards but still be alive, you'd just be a freak! In that case it is more a curse than a blessing and you'd be locked up forever by some government agency. How is that power?

jamoecw said:
all this talk of outliving the universe seems like most of you would squander your immortality with whining that your bored, do you think god just created the universe because he was entertained, no he did it because he was bored, and once you get bored after knowing enough to create a whole universe from nothing in a few days then you'd never have to be bored at all.  personally my reason for being able to be killed would be the fact that should i be invulnerable i'd have a moral obligation to save lives, and that would get rather bad since i'd push myself to insanity to do it.  i wouldn't want to be an elf, they are so emotional that when all there freinds die they will die of despair, vampires have their own flaws as well, i guess it is eternal youth for me.

may i point out that not everone belives in good and thair for the stament you have made is not true for those who donot belive in god or belive the universe was created  and as for elves and vimpiers (vamipers as in storys not those who drank blood of shipmates to survive) thay as i belive to be just as real as god that is to say that thairs no proof thay exist and no proof of them not exisitin also that both god, elves and vampiers are in storys.

Back
Top Bottom