Immortality - do you want it?

Users who are viewing this thread

C'mon. Don't let this stop you. Continue in a new post until you get banned.

<deniz> said:
C'mon. Don't let this stop you. Continue in a new post until you get banned.

You can't really ban someone for spamming in off-topic right? It's not like Jaghatai Khan is using racial slurs, or flaming, or filling up the thread with multiple posts.

Hey, relax. I'm not threatening him, actually encouraging him :razz:  well, just for fun  :mrgreen:

whoa  :shock: it's pens, not penis!?! So they were not kidding when telliing me that that thing would cause blindness  :roll:

Yeah, Deus Ex asked me to change it.  :roll: In retrospect, it was probably a good idea, since I don't think my parent's would be very happy seeing the word PENIS written out in giant, white letters several times on each page.

i would definitely take it. i think most of the opposition to it is from fear of change or power. my short list of things in it's favour-

1. as far as we know, death is bad. why not remove it?
2. better than nothing... i'd rather be bored, lonely and with the body of a 150 year-old than dead.
3. people you care about will die either way. dosen't really matter if you're there to see it... and your immortality spares them of your death, too.
4. there are many people* and things to enjoy(also learn), and with time more are 'added'(and also disappear). the world will change a lot.
5. your time can give you the understanding and power to help the other people very well.

*not just enjoy, just didn't find a good way to express it...

While this body is mortal, my soul is not, so when my mortal body is destroyed, I shall simply return to my home plane and spend my days there, if ever I feel the whim to return in proper (Not just going out to collect souls and commit acts of atrocity upon the stupid) then I shall simply weave one out of the very essence of life itself and inhabit it as I do my business upon this world (Banging chicks and getting totally wasted. Mostly. I'm still glad they serve beer on my home plane. Although the drink in the fire and brimstone sector sucks because that's where we keep the tormented.)

Immortality is a *****. One day you are bound to get sunken with a ship and get imploded to a size of a coin and suffer for an aeon in the bottom of the ocean. Or you might get sent in to the space or or or...

As I said, immortality is a *****. Omnipotency on the other hand...

Jaghatai Khan said:
But there are succubi there right?

This isn't hell. This is my domain. We don't have any succubi. We do have a fire and brimstone area, as I've stated, that's quite akin to hell.

However, you'll notice (Once here) that MOST of the place involves anguish and torment.

I struggle to see how you'd end up ion jail if you are invincible.

The only drawback I can see to imortality is outliving humanity, or maybe all life, what-the-funk.com would you do? float around in space for eternity?.

Also, immortal, you can't die, but can you get injured, if you lost all your limbs, an eternal existence would suck!

Immortality schimmortality.
Would get boring rather quick I bet. And trying to live through the aftermath of a supervulcano eruption or a meteor impact would be arse.

Merentha said:
Damn, the succubi were the one thing I was looking forward to about hell.
Well you would've been looking for a damn long time then, as succubi are demons and are therefore native to the Abyss and not the Hells!

Morbo said:
Well you would've been looking for a damn long time then, as succubi are demons and are therefore native to the Abyss and not the Hells!

Planes much?Anyway,the idea is a perfect example of male sexism.Female seductor demon.Haha...

Ninja Scroll also had female Ninja with a beautiful but poisonous body,and a female villainess with poisonous snakes defending her hot body,most poisonous one residing in her you know where.

I wouldn't want immortality even if everyone else was immortal. If I had eternal life, but could be killed, I would develop a perpetual fear of injury and lock myself inside all day. If I had eternal life, and could not be killed, I'm still in for a rough time when the sun eventually swallows the earth.

The only immortality I would want is through reincarnation, with no memory of past lives. That way, everything is new, every time. With more worlds than just this one being open to me, naturally.

Immortality is fun if you can do it like Connor Mcleod but if you are always in trouble and going to prison or working ten hours a day in a coal mine that would just cause insanity. If you are immortal and can be paralyzed or permanently blinded or crippled, those would be fates much worse then death, so when working out a deal with Baelzebub make sure that you have a whole list of rules and stipulations for your soul versus immortality and remember that the Devill never quits and you will always lose.         
        Yours forever, JOB

I want immortality so that I can work overtime for the boring times and celebrate life for the unboring times.There are so boring days that I wish I worked it all the day so that I could make it worth it later.But time isso short that I always seek new things,fun,even when working with something.

Life is precious and short,even when there is a next life after that,I wish to have fun all my life,no remorse,no sorrows.

Yeah, Let's party! Life is even more prescious when people can stop being afraid of fun stuff. "Wanna go to Heaven scared of Hell. Scared of the Devil and his tail as well!" chickens, :mad:

Back
Top Bottom