[Outdated] MBDev - 0.2 (Updated 5/12)

Users who are viewing this thread

Post to say this is REALLY good, nice work!

i think the next most important things are a shortcut to start M&B without charater creation etc and for compiling to fully work.

I cant seem to get it to work.
After dling it, and extracting it, I cant run the exe file, it just gives me a message saying:

Error Loading settings
         OK

ANd...I'm thuroughly confused.

edit- now, there is some little MBdev taskbar at the top corner of my window, which doesnt make any sense to me.

Chilly5 said:
I cant seem to get it to work.
After dling it, and extracting it, I cant run the exe file, it just gives me a message saying:

Error Loading settings
        OK

ANd...I'm thuroughly confused.

edit- now, there is some little MBdev taskbar at the top corner of my window, which doesnt make any sense to me.
do you have notepad++ ?

I'm having a similar problem. I think my main problem is that I'm not sure where all the "paths" in options should be set to. mainly the "python module path" should it be set to your python directory, or the module in the MB folder itself? also, when I do set it to the python directory, and I click "ok" and when I reopen the "options" the path is set to "notepad++" rather than Python. not sure exactly what's happening there. :???: :?:

Python Module Path should be the path to where all yout *.py files are.

Default Editor should be the path of the editor to use, eg for notepad++ it's usually C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++.exe, and it should auto complete that if you have it installed.

Chilly5: Check your editor path, sounds like you havent entered the exe path correctly.

I know there are some issues with it, and I will put more effort into it once the 0.8xx module system is out, it just seemed that about the only people using this were Yoshi and Winter :razz:

Thorgrim said:
I know there are some issues with it, and I will put more effort into it once the 0.8xx module system is out, it just seemed that about the only people using this were Yoshi and Winter :razz:
I doubt that, there are very many people using it, editing the files without mbdev looks like crap after giving mbdev a try.

4 out of 5 dentists endorse this product. The last guy just hasn't tried it yet.

It's saved my butt from so many bugs. I dedicate my butt to you, Thorgrim.

By the way, the selective "Compile" button is nice, but it doesn't take into account dependencies: For example if you rearrange the game menus, everything that references any game menu that was moved must be recompiled.

Well I've stopped using this, mainly because the MBDev button blocks my popup dialog boxes (the most important of which is "Find" which I use every 10 seconds).

If that could be fixed, I'd consider using this wonderful tool again.

Thanks fisheye, sorry about those problems, you can stop the popup problem by un checking the "Bind to editor" option in the options menu.  I kind of forgot about that problem, it'll be fixed next update, but I got sidetracked by other things and haven't finished it yet.  Selective compile will also be fixed hopefully.

sorry if this already has been posted, but how do i run it, i have .net framework but i don't know how to use this

You just run MBDev.exe, make sure all the paths are typed in right in the settings menu, then you can use the menu in the top right corner of the screen, and the hotkeys.  It will also display code hints etc at the bottom of the screen.

I recommend you install Notepad++ before you run MBDev, that way it should auto detect it and set the settings to work with it.

Hm..... Thanks for this program,Now i'll have a lot of off-time thanks to  this baby.

Back
Top Bottom