Bug Reports and known issues v2.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Sidrath said:
For Kelem: I ran into a similar problem on my Terra Aeterna module save, different bank but same divide by zero leading to a 40 million debt every week (!). What I did is go into presentations.txt in the Module, and amend the segment reading
Thanks for your help, really appreciated :smile:.
Yesterday, I tried and used the fix described by Caba in this thread, it works perfectly too.

@Shadic : I got similar crashes when a companion or myself used a black heavy charger. Maybe there is a Nord lord with one in your game ?

Another bug during mission "Rescue or ransom prisoner".

Sorry, posted this message in the wrong thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148150.msg4219757.html#msg4219757

ladymarion said:
I have something similar.

Rescue or ransom prisoner mission too. Prisoner won't get out because the prison guard has the keys. I leave the fortress, go in again and kill the guard. When I enter the prison again, I find myself standing in an open landscape, along with 2 others. The one on foot attacks the rider, rider dies, nothing happens. Totally unclear, must be a bug.

Can't storm the fortress either because I'm not at war with them. On the other side, this way may probably be bugged as well.

Playing v2.41a.

ladymarion said:
Another bug during mission "Rescue or ransom prisoner".

Sorry, posted this message in the wrong thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148150.msg4219757.html#msg4219757

ladymarion said:

Rescue or ransom prisoner mission too. Prisoner won't get out because the prison guard has the keys. I leave the fortress, go in again and kill the guard. When I enter the prison again, I find myself standing in an open landscape, along with 2 others. The one on foot attacks the rider, rider dies, nothing happens. Totally unclear, must be a bug.

Can't storm the fortress either because I'm not at war with them. On the other side, this way may probably be bugged as well.

Playing v2.41a.
At which castle is this occurring? Can you upload a save?

Kelem said:
@Shadic : I got similar crashes when a companion or myself used a black heavy charger. Maybe there is a Nord lord with one in your game ?
This. Are you using any of the alternative troop trees? Or do your or one of your companions have this horse?

Caba`drin said:
At which castle is this occurring? Can you upload a save?

Umm...forgot the name but it's close to Dherim, on the plateau a little bit northeast of the city. Something with "K... Castle".  :smile:
(Sorry, I already turned off my computer, I use my notebook for internet.)

Saving I can. I also can get out of the castle's interior, simply by using TAB.

Yeah, my crash was due to a Black Charger.  :???: I remember reading about those causing crashes, but it totally slipped my mind the reason behind the crashing.For some reason, fighting in a Bandit Hideout and not getting a crash totally threw me off... But you don't have mounts in those fights.  :oops:

I'm good now, thanks guys.

Hello guys,

first of all, great job on this mod pack=)
It's fun again to play "native", and my nords shall rise once more!

But I have discovered four minor issues:

There are two sorts of flowers possesing the ability to stop horses or even arrows! And here I thought there was no magic in M&B^^
Unluckily I'm not able to give screenshots, as the forum does not allow a newbie like me to do so...
But one looks like a Dandelion, or more a filed of Dandelions. The other has got white blossoms. They are pretty annoying, as I don't see them before riding into them and getting killed:sad:

The prison guards in Alburq castle seem not to like each other, as one of them is preferring to stand on the roof of the prison^^

Jarl-faveo Rayeck just charged Almerra Castle without any weapons. He wore his armor though, so idk if it is a new tactic valuing speed over damage. He was the first on the wall though XD
There seems something to be wrong about his equipment, he was without arms in the battle against some Vaegit, too...

I just got half my army stuck charging Almerra Castle. They got stuck at this burning thing at the gate:sad: They probably fear the fire^^

Well, two curious things happened to me tonight :
1- I freed taiga bandits who previously were prisoners, i thrown them in the Alburq castle's garnison ... few minutes later I saw them again ... not in the garnison, but prisoners of the castle  :lol:, well ok why not, but it was a surprise.
2- after this experience, I freed some other taiga bandits from enemy lords, but this time, before throwing them in the garnison I upgraded them to A4 Vaegir ... I came back few minutes later, and they disappeared from the garnison, totally ... no more A4 Vaegir. I didn't changed the status of this castle, still unassigned.

It seems weird, isn'it ? One of my vassal can take troops in unassigned castles / towns ? Patrols recruited in towns can take troops from a closed castle ? Troops in garnison can desert ? My treasure is 200+ k... last choice : Alburq castle is haunted  :razz:.

I'm playing with the 2.41a.

[Edit : arghhh... I just realized that I put earlier 50+ Swadians, several C5, in this castle ... they all disappeared too, only Nords stay here...]

I get an error:...
SCRIPT WARNING: Division by zero; LINE NO: 5:
At simpe trigger trigger no: 123.

is this important or not ? (oh and in how days i get money from the bank- i think 10 or more..is there a way to get it to make it 5-6..)?

don viktorio said:

is this important or not ?
Caba`drin said:
I'm fairly certain your character has 0 Prison Management Skill but had a Lord as prisoner when you got this message, am I right? (The engine is trying to divide your current number of prisoners by your skill...and voila, you see the error line.)

If this is the case, it is a harmless message...though ugly and we want avoid having needless spam on your screen.
Haven't come up with a clean bit of code to make that as an exception, but will have something in place for 2.5

don viktorio said:
(oh and in how days i get money from the bank- i think 10 or more..is there a way to get it to make it 5-6..)?
Should be every 7 days, just like paying your troops, getting your fief income, etc.

Here is a savegame with the weird behavior I noticed yesterday, i.e. troops disappearing after putting them in a garnison. My character is near Alburq castle with some Swadians, Vaegirs, mercenaries and bandits, put them in the castle's garnison, wait to the end of the afternoon and you will see that those troops, and only those troops, have disappeared from the castle, and Taiga bandits moved from the garnison to the jail.

I realised that I already lost 50/100 nice troops in this castle, but I really don't know why.

Caba`drin said:
don viktorio said:

is this important or not ?
Caba`drin said:
I'm fairly certain your character has 0 Prison Management Skill but had a Lord as prisoner when you got this message, am I right? (The engine is trying to divide your current number of prisoners by your skill...and voila, you see the error line.)

If this is the case, it is a harmless message...though ugly and we want avoid having needless spam on your screen.
Haven't come up with a clean bit of code to make that as an exception, but will have something in place for 2.5

don viktorio said:
(oh and in how days i get money from the bank- i think 10 or more..is there a way to get it to make it 5-6..)?
Should be every 7 days, just like paying your troops, getting your fief income, etc.

thanks  :smile:

ladymarion said:

Playing v2.41a.

In addition to my post above I would like to note that the same bug not only appears in Kelredan Castle but also in Asugan Castle. Actually it seems every castle is affected.

1. The prison entrance is named "Door to the arena" (??)

2. After killing the guard and entering, I find myself in a landscape...

3. ...with the two people mentioned above, fighting each other. After one gets killed, nothing happens.

I found the quest can be completed by conquering the castle, either regularly if the faction is hostile to you or via the "cheatmenu" by conquering the castle at once. It's an option but not really fun.

Hope this helps.

Not sure if its a bug, but this tree is monstruosly big:

That said, I like it, looks special, and considering how hard to find are (just in some scenes) they give a cool impression. I would like to see more of this :grin:

Almost forgot about this one.
Enemy reinforcements were spawning outside of the battle area. Is that known?
mbwarband20110527014310.png

Broken Finger said:
Almost forgot about this one.
Enemy reinforcements were spawning outside of the battle area. Is that known?
mbwarband20110527014310.png

It isn't known, but I'm also fairly certain that it isn't anything the mod has changed. Neither PBOD or Custom Commander (I'm pretty sure) alter where reinforcements spawn, so this would happen in Native, too...I believe.

I was on day 208 and realized I have not been paid from the bank for intrest in over a month... 

I remembered the last time I did get paid was just before I put some more money into Praven or Saragoth.  So I went and took the money out from both of those places and still was not recieving money...

My last option was to remove the last bit of money I had in Shariz, now I had no investments anywhere.  After this I put some more money back into Shariz and received money from interest.  Hope this helps anyone with the same problem, I was getting mad I thought I would have to restart.

Back
Top Bottom