Maremagnum

Users who are viewing this thread

Black_Scythe said:
1. Europe has no martial arts of its own.

Are you kidding? Europe, or better said Greece, is the birthplace of 3 most effective martial arts ever: Boxing, Wrestling and Pankration.

EDIT: Ehh, nevermind. It seems you were kidding.
mihailo.razvigor said:
It's ironic that the first person who posted after you was Black Scythe, who (if I remember correctly) is a MMA fighter, and plus, has that signature of the two non-wussies fighting each other. :smile:
Hey, I said that's what the vid taught me. :razz:
Also, by "we" I meant the European Union, not separate people in general.
Oh, and I forgot they're missing some negroes, too, though at least in the Western part of the union they're indeed a good/large enough part of it.

P.S. The chick looks fine though - I wouldn't mind some more clones of her. Even if the whole ad is a rip-off from Kill Bill.

mihailo.razvigor said:
Thank you.
It's probably the last time I'm seen with hair that big, so I wanted to take a picture of me and perpetuate that image, while I still have the hair on my head. :razz:
I have started (slowly, but surely) to lose my hair, so I have now cut it down to 2mm length (I'm against the popular total shaving of the hair), about 10 minutes after that pic was taken.
I still have the beard, though. :wink:
My condolences for your hair. Beard is cooler anyway though. :wink:

SBolshevik said:
They could have made that same add with the Western Balkans. :grin:
They could... but the ending would be different.
It wouldn't end with all of them peacefully sitting down, that's for sure.
The ending would be more like... more like... hmm...

NikeBG said:
Even if the whole ad is a rip-off from Kill Bill.
...more like Kill Bill!
That's it!
The Western Balkan ad would have gone that route, for sure.
And I'm not talking about Kill Bill, vol. 2.
Oh no - it would have been like the final third of Kill Bill, vol. 1 - Showdown at the House of the Bluue Leaves and all that stuff.

NikeBG said:
My condolences for your hair. Beard is cooler anyway though. :wink:
Thank you, child.
Your words bring warmness to my heart. :mrgreen:

EDIT:
Hey!
What the fu*k?
Where is my new avatar?

It ran away on a quest to retrieve a hair update. :mrgreen:

Btw, your "Thank you, child" sounded in my mind way too much like Kai Winn from DS9 (I've been rewatching Star Trek lately). Which isn't a very good thing. Especially since I'm the grandpa of the forum. :razz:

NikeBG said:

Btw, your "Thank you, child" sounded in my mind way too much like Kai Winn from DS9 (I've been rewatching Star Trek lately). Which isn't a very good thing. Especially since I'm the grandpa of the forum. :razz:
Don't worry there is always someone much older than you... And I don't care if someone is calling me his "son" ... I just laugh.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
P.S. I also lost my hair many years ago...but I kept the beard .... I don't mind any more . I just got used of it...

NikeBG said:
Ooo - a good joke!
Here, have a cookie. :wink:
But in all seriousness, I seem to have lost that pic, even though I said I will keep and cherish it, because it shows me with a full set of hair for the last time (probably).
Bah!
I have a nasty habbit of deleting stuff! :mad:
I think I've deleted important documents/PMs about 1000 times simply because I:
a) don't make backups
b) I think it won't need me anymore (wrong!)
c) by accident

NikeBG said:
Btw, your "Thank you, child" sounded in my mind way too much like Kai Winn from DS9 (I've been rewatching Star Trek lately). Which isn't a very good thing.
Hmmm... Google shows an image of an elderly woman.
Nothing bad there... right?
Is she a member of some space cult, or something?

NikeBG said:
Especially since I'm the grandpa of the forum. :razz:
Are you sure?
I think Quapitty said he was the eldest, being (circa) 49 years old.
The problem is his avatar, which makes him look young.
But hey, at least he has an avatar... :cry:

Jason L. said:
P.S. I also lost my hair many years ago...but I kept the beard .... I don't mind any more . I just got used of it...
There's nothing to get used to in a beard, IMO - it's just naturally (usually) plain cool. :wink:

mihailo.razvigor said:
Hmmm... Google shows an image of an elderly woman.
Nothing bad there... right?
Is she a member of some space cult, or something?
She was a very annoying Pope-like character in the series (my congrats to all actors, whose characters manage to annoy me, btw).

mihailo.razvigor said:
Are you sure?
I think Quapitty said he was the eldest, being (circa) 49 years old.
The problem is his avatar, which makes him look young.
But hey, at least he has an avatar... :cry:
Pshhh, we swore to secrecy, remember?!

NikeBG said:
Jason L. said:
There's nothing to get used to in a beard, IMO - it's just naturally (usually) plain cool. :wink:
True that.
It was recently scientifically proven (at the university of Dalaran) that having a beard actually boosts your stats, namely: strength + 2, intelligence +3 and agility +1.
Of course, if you shave your beard, then the bonuses vanish, naturally.

NikeBG said:
She was a very annoying Pope-like character in the series (my congrats to all actors, whose characters manage to annoy me, btw).
Ah, so I was only partially right - she is the leader, of some space cult not just a member.

NikeBG said:
Pshhh, we swore to secrecy, remember?!
Umm... when did we swore? :???:
We only said that we will publicly reduce his actual age (55, if I remember correctly) to the age of 49, to make him more likeable in the eyes of those young and ''cool'' forum members.

mihailo.razvigor said:
True that.
It was recently scientifically proven (at the university of Dalaran) that having a beard actually boosts your stats, namely: strength + 2, intelligence +3 and agility +1.
Of course, if you shave your beard, then the bonuses vanish, naturally.
What about the biggest perk - the Charisma one? I imagine it would be something like +5, right? Unless you're a woman, of course - then it's a -5, unless you're part of a circus band.

mihailo.razvigor said:
Ah, so I was only partially right - she is the leader, of some space cult not just a member.
Planetary cult, actually. And she (and her like) had the annoying habbit of squeezing people's ears, saying "Your p'ah is strong, my son!", often speaking in a somewhat patronizing and hypocritical way. A good fit for a medieval Pope(ss)...

mihailo.razvigor said:
Umm... when did we swore? :???:
During that YouTube conspiracy some time ago (any progress on that, btw?), remember? When I took Oldman's role, since I don't mind it and I more or less know the lines anyway.

During that YouTube conspiracy some time ago (any progress on that, btw?), remember? When I took Oldman's role, since I don't mind it and I more or less know the lines anyway.
Hush!
If I remember correctly, we swore never to talk about that failure of mine... or ours.

NikeBG said:
What about the biggest perk - the Charisma one? I imagine it would be something like +5, right?
Depends on who you ask.
I am still appalled at the way beards are treated in modern world.
I'm not joking.
There are many, many companies which actually ban wearing of a beard to work.
I mean, it's the 21st century!!!
Why is the beard such a problem?
Take this beard, for example.
It's a normal, thick beard.
It is clean and has been combed.
But no! You can't wear that beard to work, even if it's 2 times shorter than that.
Why wouldn't that man be allowed to work in a bank?

A bit off-topic:
When I was recently posting on Taleworlds forum topic about The Hobbit films, one poster said that my signature(s) show how I feel about those movies.
So here's a semi-interesting story about why I have my own custom signatures, and not our the official E1200/1257AD sigs:

Me having these signatures doesn't mean I'm unhappy with Cesar's or NikeBG's sig-designs, but rather, they show my opinion on WARS that is in my mind for the last year, I think.
With each passing day, I dislike wars more and more.
Don't get me wrong, I completely understand a nation's need to defend itself - that's fine.
But war, as a conflict between members of the same race (i.e. humans), and the fact that it's a so often used mean of resolving a conflict... that I simply still cannot understand.
I mean, I can, but at the same time - I cannot.

So, basically, even if this is a war game, I couldn't put signatures that are glorifying wars.
I simply couldn't.
Beautiful knights in shining armor, strong and eagle-eyed bowmen, mighty siege machines - I couldn't put none of that.
In my signatures, I wanted to show a different look on wars - sadness and death.
That's why, my E1200 sig shows a sad and tired warrior, while 1257AD sig shows death in its gruesome form.

EDIT:
I know it's ironic that my newest avatar is a picture of me, holding a bow, but bear in mind that:
a) bow was probably first made to kill food, not other humans
b) shooting a bow is one of the best feelings in the world
c) I don't plan on killing neither humans, nor animals with it - just non-living targets :razz:

@beards - yeah, for some reason, nowadays people seem to think only hobos wear full beards. I blame it on female propaganda, based on their envy they can't all have beards. :razz:

@sigs - I still don't see the connection with The Hobbit. :razz:

NikeBG said:
@beards - yeah, for some reason, nowadays people seem to think only hobos wear full beards. I blame it on female propaganda, based on their envy they can't all have beards. :razz:
Aaah, so that's the reason?
Damn those jealous women bastards!

NikeBG said:
@sigs - I still don't see the connection with The Hobbit. :razz:
Well, I feel sadness about them.
Sadness and extreme disappointment.
I mean, the films (2 of 3 now) aren't technically bad, but...

Well, since The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King hit the theaters, in the late 2003, I got more interested into Tolkien.
I started reading all of his published works and playing Middle-earth related video games, so I quickly became a Tolkien nerd (or geek? what's the difference again?).
So, in 2004, I already begun anticipating The Hobbit film(s), since I love that book more than LotR.
Imagine my disappointment when Peter Jackson announced that he will make King Kong remake first, instead of The Hobbit.

Years were passing, and rumors about The Hobbit film adaptation were everywhere.
There were some problems with the New Line Cinema, MGM and Tolkien Estate (or something like that), so The Hobbit film could never get off the ground.
Then, finally, in 2008, Guillermo del Toro was hired to direct the film, so I was finally happy... but 2 years later, the filming didn't even start yet...
Then Jackson came in 2010, and it all started.

Those 2 years were the longest years in my life.
I know it sounds silly, but I was so excited about the films, that time was passing too fast for me, since I was ''counting down'' the time until the first film is released.
2 years of thinking about The Hobbit, instead of thinking about... well, anything else that concerns the act of actually living the life.
I followed every production blog, character informations and images.
I got to know all the characters (especially Dwarves) before the film was even released.
And then, in December 2012, the wait was finally over.
After almost 10 years of waiting, and waiting, and waiting, I will get my Hobbit film.
I still remember my big grin when the film started in a packed cinema...

...but as the dozens of minutes were passing on screen, the grin vanished.
I realized the fact that didn't even occurred to me for those 8 (or 2) years.
I realized that I'm not enjoying the film.
And when the film ended, I discussed it with my brother and 2 friends.
I defended its bad parts, and praised its good parts.
But tomorrow, when the experience has settled down, I realized that I was sad... sad and disappointed.

Now, a year later, I'm not mad at Peter Jackson, or anyone else... except me.
It was my fault for acting like a horny teenage girl.
It was my fault for pumping up myself too much, and it was my fault for caring too much about a work of fiction.

quapitty said:
Sorry to interrupt your beard talk - here is something promising from czech brothers in mind:
http://youtu.be/MefZfhxgpZE
Aaah, it sounds good!
It seems it doesn't have the strategic/kingdom management elements that Mount & Blade has...
...and I like that.
I have no problems with kingdom management, but Mount & Blade attracted me to itself not because of its kingdom management, but because of its (for the time) original and amazing combat.
That's why I like this - it's a medieval RPG, without kingdom management and without fantasy creatures.
I mean, I like fantasy, but there are too many of such games currently.
So, naturally, I am excited about this, even if I've stopped playing new games some 4 years ago.

Hmmm... I got something on my mind.
If they make this game moddable... shall we gather our forces again, and make Kingdom Come: Deliverance 1200AD? :razz:
We have the majority of the research, so... :mrgreen:

mihailo.razvigor said:
Why is the beard such a problem?
Take this beard, for example.
It's a normal, thick beard.
It is clean and has been combed.
But no! You can't wear that beard to work, even if it's 2 times shorter than that.
Why wouldn't that man be allowed to work in a bank?

Matter of fashion. In Spain* beards are coming back thanks to hipster beards going mainstream. In 20 years we'll have bank managers and CEOs, employees, etc, showing magnificent beards, I think.

I mean, remember, beards were kind of uncivilised in the Medieval West after the Xth Century, a thing of Greeks and barbarians and Slavs. Proper Christians were always clean-shaved.

Except for the beard of majesty and wisdom, the one that implies dignity and age and the experience that comes with it.

Take a look at royal portraits. Most of the European kings before 1300-1400 were shown iconically with royal, two-tailed beards. Except the Kings of France, who preferred to show themselves as young and strong, and therefore, clean shaved. Since they were anointed and "sacred", the wisdom was implied by the crown.

* I say Spain, but some friends from Madrid told me that having a full beard or a perma-stubble is very "Catalan or Basque". I presume they meant "not typical in Madrid", where, according to them, people would sooner shave the moustache and wear a half-beard, or have moustache (older people would still wear moustaches).

Continued from Changelod Thread:
Black_Scythe said:
And noo, my gifs are works of art, masterpieces of people who mastered their bodies.
True art of the body for sure, I don't have any doubt about that. But still very painful art. But well, maybe art has to be painful sometimes to transport its messages  :wink:

Yeah art in general for sure requires some pain, be it from getting there thats usually super-hard when you want to master something or from the limitations that society puts upon people who seek mastery. For the case in example pain is quite numbed down from adrenaline, until your body no longer produces it, which happens when one gets familiar with the feeling. A lot of people are opposed to MMA since it allows for ground fighting, and people think its hard to look at one man on top of the other pounding on him. The thing is that all people that trained at least wrestling or boxing know that strength comes from the legs and a man that doesnt have both feet planted on the ground can't deliver very powerful punches, painful yes, yet harmless, and sometimes the guy thats underneath has a lot opportunities to strike from the bottom or put the oponent on a choke or a twist or a lock... But for all the pain it gives i believe that we should teach children martial arts because a man that has martial training is more focused, more relaxed, calm and collected in stressful situations in  general, and let alone alone when facing a potentially violent situation. So to stop my rambling, enjoying watching those gifs is rather an acquired taste, but the way to acquiring that taste is a very important one IMO since i dont know another thing that teaches grit, willpower and resilience the way martial arts do, and that's only the mental side of benefits. American wrestlers say: We embrace the grind.

I strongly disagree with someone that is attacking an opponent who just fell down almost, or certainly, unconscious. And I don't want to watch it either. Sorry my friend but this is too much for me. I'm too old to get used to it.... By the way any news about the update ?   

Back
Top Bottom