Diplomacy 3.3.2+: Allow fief trading & other improvements (updated 2011-06-15)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
zParsifal said:
orome said:
I dont get RTR when get married, can you fix this it please, or show me how to fix it in txt file.

Did the wedding cutscene play when you got married?  It doesn't seem possible for that to happen without getting Right to Rule.  Do you have a saved game from before the wedding?

this bug is well known. it happens to all players, and its coming from last version of Diplomacy mod 3.3.2 or something. you can try it, it doesnt work for sure for any player becouse of version. but if you want my savegame I'll upload it as soon as I can. this bug is already reported on page 23 of bug reports page. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,132885.330.html

found a pretty big bug

Apparently if you ask for a truth the game bugs out and you can't click on anything

I added picture in spoiler since it was pretty big
2r23w2e.png

So basically Im stuck on this screen, can't esc. The only thing I CAN do is go to notes.

MrHoon said:
found a pretty big bug

Apparently if you ask for a truth the game bugs out and you can't click on anything

2r23w2e.png

So basically Im stuck on this screen, can't esc. The only thing I CAN do is go to notes.

Are you using an old version?  This bug was fixed in the 2011-03-27 release.

zParsifal said:
MrHoon said:
found a pretty big bug

2r23w2e.png

Are you using an old version?  This bug was fixed in the 2011-03-27 release.

I've been using the Source Code and yeah the source code for the 3-27 update still gets errors

MrHoon said:
I've been using the Source Code and yeah the source code for the 3-27 update still gets errors

Okay, that's pretty serious.

Looking at the source code, I believe I understand how this could happen.  If you have a saved game to upload, I'll download it and upload my changes after I verify they work with your game.

Can I ask a really, really stupid question?

After I've extracted the patch files, where do I put them or what do I have to do to activate the changes to the mod?

so, how do you install this?? I have no clue what to do, theirs no installer guide or anything all i get is a bunch of files.

everything you have to do is copy all txt files from folder txt files to C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade - Warband\Modules\Diplomacy_3-3 or other location where your game is installed.

orome said:
everything you have to do is copy all txt files from folder txt files to C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade - Warband\Modules\Diplomacy_3-3 or other location where your game is installed.

So are you implying it's also possible to copy the txt files from this mod into a copy of the native module? (e.g. C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade - Warband\Modules\Copy of Native\ ). I did a checksum comparison, and as long as the game is in english... it appears that all the txt files in Diplomacy are replaced by this mod's files.

Ok I figured it out. What he's saying is open the mod's txt files, copy all of them, and replace all of the original Diplomacy txt files with the mods txt files. Does that help? And thanks for the explanation :grin:

orome said:
this bug is well known. it happens to all players, and its coming from last version of Diplomacy mod 3.3.2 or something. you can try it, it doesnt work for sure for any player becouse of version. but if you want my savegame I'll upload it as soon as I can. this bug is already reported on page 23 of bug reports page. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,132885.330.html

I've found out what's causing the error.  It's in courtship_event_bride_marry_groom (not in a section marked as Diplomacy-specific code):

Code:
	(try_begin),
		(this_or_next|eq, ":groom", "trp_player"),
			(eq, ":bride", "trp_player"),
		(call_script, "script_change_player_right_to_rule", "trp_player", 15),
	(try_end),

The problem is that script_change_player_right_to_rule only uses a single argument.  (The game will apparently load "15" into the second argument register, but it doesn't get used.)  Since trp_player = 0, the change is always zero.

I'll correct this in the next upload.

zParsifal said:
MrHoon said:

Okay, that's pretty serious.

Looking at the source code, I believe I understand how this could happen.  If you have a saved game to upload, I'll download it and upload my changes after I verify they work with your game.

Okay I just tried out a new test, but somehow it works fine if you ask for a truce and their enemy king asks for nothing in return

HOWEVER when they start asking for land and money, it get's errors and whatnot.

I dont think my save would do anygood because I added new towns/newitems and alot more new stuff

Or I might've accidently used the old Module Script

to be honest Im very confused as well o_O

im sorry i dont understand can someone please break this down into steps on how to install this. It would be greatly appreciated.

2011-04-03 update notes:

I am still not done adding everything I want to, but this seemed a good time to make another release, since there are a number of bug fixes included.  Here is a summary of what is included:

Try to convince lords to support a candidate for an honor
In the default game (Native), you can ask a lord whom they support for an honor (such as who should receive a newly-conquered fief).  Your options then are limited to asking them to support you instead, or telling them you agree with their choice.  If you become the king of your own faction, you won't even be able to do that much anymore: you can only ask lords their opinions.

Multiple people have mentioned a desire to be able to pick a candidate of your own, and try to convince lords to support him.  This update adds this ability, whether or not you are a king.

The logic for whether or not your persuasion attempt succeeds is (in nearly all respects) identical to the logic used in Native when you ask "Can I convince you to support me instead?"  You will not have much luck trying to sell an under-qualified candidate, or trying to convince someone to support someone he's indifferent to instead of one of his close friends.  Success requires you to keep in mind the relationships between lords.

Implemented some suggestions from the "Affiliate to a Family" thread
A fuller discussion of these changes and the reasoning behind them can be found in Aeon's Affiliate to a family thread.
  • Just like lords of a faction always know where their allies are, when the player Affiliates to a house he gains the same ability.  This may represent them telling him of their plans in advance, or access to a wide network of messengers, or something else -- however it is that the lords know is how the player knows.  This information is visible under the Reports menu.
  • Normally, whenever an Affiliated lord is defeated or imprisoned, the player suffers a relationship penalty for not coming to his aid.  This update changes the penalty to only apply when the player is not wounded or a prisoner himself: there is no penalty for fighting alongside your ally and losing (although there are other game mechanics by which you still suffer a loss of relation if he holds you responsible for the defeat), and no penalty for being locked in a dungeon on the other side of the kingdom when the battle happened.
  • Affiliated lords are more willing to heed the player when he makes tactical suggestions to them.  The player also has an expanded range of suggestions he can make to an Affiliated lord even when he is not the Marshal.  This reflects the increased level of mutual support in martial matters that Affiliation represents.
  • Affiliated lords are more willing to engage in intrigue with the player.  This reflects the idea of the House as a political alliance.

Kingdom management / political display changes:
  • Added a new display option for the Known Lords by Relation report.  It only shows lords who belong to the player's faction, and also lists how many fiefs they each have.  (This is mostly for quickly glancing down a list and seeing who you might want to give a fief to; this is a temporary measure, since various forum posters had requested a report like that.)
  • Lords being exiled or pardoned, marriages, and fiefs being awarded are important political events.  Because of this, they should be mentioned in the game log.
  • When assigning fiefs, in addition to the number of fiefs already owned by each lord, the list also displays each lord's relation with the player.
  • When giving a suggestion to a lord, some options previously only available to marshalls are now also available to kings (the previous state of affairs did not make sense).

Expanded support for companion/lady personalities
Some of these changes are only relevant for characters with lady personalities who become lords.  In Native this never happens, but I intend to add such options in the future, and these changes will support anyone else who also wants to do so.
  • Fixed more strings with incorrect or inconsistent pronouns (these can be noticed in Native with female faction leaders and female companions made into lords).  I still have not fixed all of them, though.
  • In script_lord_comment_to_s43, added support for kingdom lady personalities.  Ambitious ladies use the comments for cunning lords, and other ladies use the comments for good-natured lords (the same as non-noble companions do by default).  Without the change, the result would have been a bad string.  Also added a check so that sadistic companions like Klethi don't use comments drawn from the "goodnatured" lord defaults, based on the presence of the "humanitarian" morality type with a negative value (so this should also work for other mods that add or change companions).
  • In get_relevant_comment_for_log_entry, altered moralistic ladies to use the lines for upstanding lords and altered ambitious ladies to use lines for cunning lords.  (Also began but did not complete an alteration to complaints about giving fiefs to commoners.  The comments as written don't make sense in some situations; the changes already in begin to address this but do not solve it yet.)
  • In the "willingness to intrigue" check in dialog state lord_recruit_1_relation, added support for certain lady personalities (in terms of how willing they are, and what lines they speak).  Instead of using the defaults, moralistic ladies use the settings for upstanding lords, and ambitious ladies use the settings for cunning lords.
  • Assigned behavior to some companion and lady personalities for fief selection.  Benefactors, moralists, romantics, and conventional maidens use the same thought processes as upstanding and good-natured lords.

Lords now actually get the gold you pay them
Many times when gold is paid to a lord or kingdom, the game subtracts it from the player but doesn't add it to the lord.  This leads to absurdity like: when the player helps a lord collect his taxes, the lord actually gets poorer.  This also throws off the idea of bribery, which Diplomacy has expanded, since the AI never gets the money it thinks the action was worth.

This does not include gifts (even in the case where you are giving gold coins to a lady to buy them).  I assume those are luxury goods that are primarily pleasurable or ostentatious, and in any case they are gifts rather than payments.  The times the lord does get the gold you give him are:

• Paying a lord in a siege to let you escape.
  • Paying a kingdom to start a war against a third party (the gold is to defray the costs of the war; the king takes the lion's share, and divides the rest among his subjects)
  • Paying a kingdom in exchange for a truce (the king takes the lion's share, and divides the rest among his subjects)
  • Paying
  • Paying owed money to a lord (this has a number of possible causes, mostly relating to failed quests)
  • Collecting taxes for a lord
  • Bribing a lord as part of a "convince" dialog (used in "convince a lord to make peace" quest)
  • Ransoming a companion

(To address a misconception I've seen people sometimes repeat elsewhere, it isn't true that lords don't need gold.  Lords use gold to raise armies and to maintain armies.  At the beginning of a war, gold might not seem important, but once losses begin to occur the side with less gold won't be able to recover its losses at the same rate, and will be increasingly at a disadvantage.)

(Experimental) Optional Feature: Pardoning Exiled Lords
You can change this option off or on in the Diplomacy settings menu (accessed through the camp menu).  By default it is OFF.  If you turn it on, from time to time NPC kings will issue pardons to lords who have gone into exile outside of Calradia, and (if the player is a king) from time to time exiled lords may come to his court petitioning him to be pardoned.  I have not tested this fully, so it might not work as hoped.

Bug fixes:
  • (My bug) I fixed a bug in one of the features I added, and now the option to ask the travellers where to find ransom brokers or book merchants now works as it was intended to.  Merchants and ransom brokers can be located if the player has met them.
  • Fixed a longstanding bug that prevents players from receiving Right to Rule when they marry.
  • Fixed a longstanding bug with fief quarrel dialogs that was causing lords to say things like "It is well known that King Harlaus received the fief of Peasant Woman, which I believe should have gone to me."
  • Fixed a bug in fief assigning dialogs, that prevented the game from properly displaying which lords have been promised fiefs.  (The code was there, but was checking the wrong troop.)

Trivial changes:
  • Stripped leading spaces from some relationship strings (relation_plus_90, etc.) in module_strings.py, because they  made something otherwise-useful useless for many purposes.
  • Noticed that str_s15 has two definitions, one of them with mismatched brackets.  Left the duplicate in, but fixed its formatting.
  • Added support to script_troop_get_family_relation_to_troop non-coded family relations of certain faction leaders and pretenders.  (Prince Valdym is the cousin of King Yaroglek.  Dustum Khan Sanjar Dustum Khan are (half-)brothers. Also,  Lady Isolla and King Harlaus are first cousins once removed, but relationships this distant are not given any mention by default.)
  • Fixed grammatical error: changed "Whom do you think should receive the fief of {s4}?" to "Who do you think should receive the fief of {s4}?"

Also made minor changes to the calculations in script_dplmc_get_truce_pay_amount.  You are unlikely to notice anything different, but it is slightly more consistent now in the way it assigns values to fiefs.

Paradoxis said:
I don't seem to see the link to the latest release.

One minute, I'm finishing editing the description, then I'll upload it.

EDIT: Of all the timing, just lost the post I was writing due to the daily backup.
EDIT 2: It's up now.  The link is in the first post.

zParsifal said:
orome said:

I've found out what's causing the error.  It's in courtship_event_bride_marry_groom (not in a section marked as Diplomacy-specific code):

Code:
	(try_begin),
		(this_or_next|eq, ":groom", "trp_player"),
			(eq, ":bride", "trp_player"),
		(call_script, "script_change_player_right_to_rule", "trp_player", 15),
	(try_end),

The problem is that script_change_player_right_to_rule only uses a single argument.  (The game will apparently load "15" into the second argument register, but it doesn't get used.)  Since trp_player = 0, the change is always zero.

I'll correct this in the next upload.

in which txt file I supose to copy this code?

orome said:
in which txt file I supose to copy this code?

The code would go in module_scripts.py, in the courtship_event_bride_marry_groom script.  The 2011-04-03 version of the code has the fix in it, and you can download it now.  (The link is in the first post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom