OpenMLK - Module Launcher Kit - Version 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

The Shadow

Recruit
  • OpenMLK - Module Launching Kit
    openmlklogo.png

circlebullet.png
    What's it do?
    OpenMLK sits on the desktop and is used as a universal shortcut for mods using third party programs.  It launches the third party programs first, before (optionally) launching the game.  It's loosely based off my old Module Launcher and Shortcut Kit, but that is merely a source code.  This is the real deal. 

circlebullet.png
    What programs does it support?Want to have yours added?  Post here.

circlebullet.png
    This sucks!  It's full of bugs!
    This is the first version of OpenMLK, and I'm looking for some community feedback.  If you find a bug, I'd be much obliged if you report it in some detail.  :smile:

circlebullet.png
    Pictures:
    Please ignore the omnipresent ugliness.

openmlk1.png

openmlk2.png

• To Be Added:

[+]Better Steam support.
      [+]Custom fonts per module.
      [+]Link to selected module's thread.  (In place of current one.)
      [+]Custom color schemes.  (GUI)
      [+]...and pending.

Change-Log:
    Version 1.0.1.2:

• [+]Security improvements.  It should now be harder to crash.
      [+]Added "Mod Home Page" feature.  Now the link label can be defined to launch to your mod's homepage.
      [+]Gradually removed more "Imperium Graecorum" residue.  Still some left though.  :razz: 

Version 1.0.1.1:

• [+]Fixed a bug where the last_played_module would always be set to Imperium Graecorum.  :lol:
      [+]Removed some old unnecessary code.

Credits:

Requires Microsoft.NET 4.0 or higher to function.

To have the iron launcher stuff.. to fix some unmoddable stuff right?

Main question for me is: why does such a simple program require .net 4.0?

I'd say throw it in a native language so our Linux friends can run it out of the box on wine and that you don't need .net installed on your windows box.

Lumos said:
Um... not meaning to be rude, but why should we use this instead of starting directly the Script Enhancer? (for an example)

The idea behind this is that it auto-detects the WSE and Iron Launcher so that people don't forget to start it with those, etc.  I'm just gonna polish it up more, and then it'll be working really well.  If you don't want it, don't use it.  :razz:  You can still start the game the traditional way, but IG will be using both the Iron Launcher and the Script Enhancer, and I see that confusing many people. 

Vincenzo said:
To have the iron launcher stuff.. to fix some unmoddable stuff right?

Main question for me is: why does such a simple program require .net 4.0?

I'd say throw it in a native language so our Linux friends can run it out of the box on wine and that you don't need .net installed on your windows box.

In all honesty, I just don't know any unmanaged language well enough.  I could try using mono but I don't know how well the GUI will come out. 

Vincenzo said:
Well then at least try to make it .net 2.0, that has almost full support on mono.
I'll give it a shot.  I'm not sure if it has the XML support I need, but I'll look for alternatives if it doesn't. 

Bolkonsky said:
You can still start the game the traditional way, but IG will be using both the Iron Launcher and the Script Enhancer, and I see that confusing many people. 
OK. I haven't experienced this (yet), so I didn't know it did. Well, in this case, I can see the usefulness.

Well, ignoring the ugly aesthetics, I'm working on three things.  Two of them have made it into a "proof of concept" stage.  Here's one:

openmlknewfeatures.png

Interesting new look. The Launcher and Enhancer part is a bit hard to see with dark blue on darkish brown though :wink:

Yeah, I've gotta figure out a new font for them, as well as those three remaining buttons.  Also, the background picture changes between several.  :smile: 

OK, I think I'm done with the UI. 

openmlktwitterfeed.png

I hate doing UI stuff.  And before anyone asks, transparent RTBs are almost impossible.  There's no easy way to make them scrollable and transparent. 

OpenMLK 1.5 Released

Why is it 1.5, not 2.0 like I was planning?  Well, this version has a number of drawbacks that I may or may not sort out.  I couldn't come up with an efficient updating algorithm, so I excluded that feature altogether.  (The issue was that in my limited time, I failed to figure out a way to scan an FTP directory to find files, and compare the sizes with the ones already installed.)  I also didn't have time to make a light version with no external references.  (Yes, this one has 2 .dll files.  It's still only 7.6 mb though.)  I may or may not fix these two things in the future, but I ran out of time.  I'll be uploading the source code as soon as I sort it out. 
Change-log:
  • Safer, more optimized code.
  • Many rewritten, completely improved algorithms for a lot of things.
  • New and improved GUI!
  • Customizable logo image for mods.
  • Dynamic graphics at runtime. (See documentation).
  • Customizable Twitter feeds.  Defaults to TaleWorlds.
  • etc...

openmlk.png

Back
Top Bottom