Mouse Issue In Game

Users who are viewing this thread

datvoice

Recruit
I have a 55" HDTV hooked up to my comp, now on a smaller monitor (like 23") MB runs perfect, no issues whatsoever. I move my comp to the big daddy, now when I begin the game my mouse cursor is ghosting. I mean my mouse can move, highlight/select menu items, it's just ****ing invisible. And that ****ing cursor just sits there, not moving. Obviously this game is now unplayable.

Btw, this error isn't present in Windowed mode but rather Fullscreen. What other information do I need to provide, willing to, thanks!

datvoice said:
I have a 55" HDTV hooked up to my comp, now on a smaller monitor (like 23") MB runs perfect, no issues whatsoever. I move my comp to the big daddy, now when I begin the game my mouse cursor is ghosting. I mean my mouse can move, highlight/select menu items, it's just ******** invisible. And that ******** cursor just sits there, not moving. Obviously this game is now unplayable.

Btw, this error isn't present in Windowed mode but rather Fullscreen. What other information do I need to provide, willing to, thanks!

Are you using Windows 7?

Same here yes I am using Windows 7.

How can I change aspect ratio ? That might solve it.
Solved it changed the icon size to default.

Vympel said:
Same here yes I am using Windows 7.

How can I change aspect ratio ? That might solve it.
Solved it changed the icon size to default.
That fixed it? Might as well give it a try.

Edit: It does fix the issue. I am too using Windows 7. So now my issue though a more cosmetic one is how do I keep the DPI to default inside Warband, and have a custom DPI for lets say my desktop? Not that changing or even coping with this DPI is bad, just kind hard on the eyes lol. Help is appreciated! Danke!

I am having this same cursor disconnection issue on my 52" HDTV running Windows7 at 1920x1080 with my DPI turned to 200%. If I change the DPI setting (under Control Panel > Display) back to 100% the mouse works normally.

So I'm faced with the choice...either the game is unplayable, or my OS is unusable. Switching between DPI requires a log off / log on...which is a pain in the ass.

Please fix this issue.
Thanks.

EDIT:
Looks like this was reported a year ago.
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=730
The status has been marked as fixed.  :???:
I added more detail to the bug report. Hopefully they will reopen it.

ok, i have the same problem but i have windows xp, how i can solve it? Can you tell me step by step please?

Aaand still no fix on Windows 8.  :???: Could you please patch Warband so people like me, using higher DPI settings, can get a cursor without changing their settings every time (and having to logoff / login to apply them)?
Thank you.

Not sure if anyone found this solution yet, but an easier fix  would be to go to your M&B directory, right click on mb_warband.exe and choose properties. There you go to compatability section and uncheck the option that says about rescaling. Just to be sure press, change compatability settings for all users, and uncheck same option there too. apply changes and run the game, your mouse should work just fine now.

Happy gaming)

Works in win 8.1, not sure about other versions.

Back
Top Bottom