SP Fantasy [M&B] Age of Men (LOTR) - preview! [Recruiting Mordor Blacksmith!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Tapase

Regular
Hi! Thats my first post here. Great Hello! then. (:

INTRODUCTION. Ofc we know here is one amazing lotr mod. Great TLD. But we begin bore refreshing TLD topic few times every day. Thats why we started our own experience with modding this great game. We have hope that mod let us all play M&B in Middle Earth faster.

So... Lets begin preview. (:

Age of Men. The time when elves go West and leave Middle Earth in Edains hands. South is in war already. Agents from all free peoples are in way to Rivendel... or Imradilis, how main heroes call this place. Nine are in west side of Anduin - the Great River what divides the west... From the Shadow. In the realms of Arnor - north Dunedain kingdom all can feel tension... Eye of Thanduril have lost Gollum... Nobody know where he is now... Saruman severant have spot orc near Gladden Fields...

Thats mod for M&B what let us join this war... Sides (and lords):
Gondor (Denethor the 2nd, Faramir, Anborn, Beregond, Fealdir, Cornir and Forlong).
Dol-Amroth (Prince Imrahil, Hirluin, Duinhir and Derufin).
Rohan
Imradilis+Gray Haven
Lorien
Dale
Dwarves
Mirkwood
------------------------------------------------
Angmar Remains
Moria
Easterlings
Umbar + Harad [Dalamyr, Carycyn, Owynvan, Gwadych, Suladan]
Mordor (Mouth of Sauron, Shagrot, Gorbag, Gothmog, Frumgor, Crofhur, Siyought, maybe one more...)
Isengard
Dunland (maybe part of Isengardu)
Dol Gundor (maybe part of Mordoru or Easterlings)

Our first step is relase beta called 'War on the South'. Gondor+Dol-Amroth aganist Mordor+Harad with few 'quick battles'. After this we gonna add Rohan and Isengard and go north.

Main changes... Not so much ATM.
Max 7 lords so no chance for siege 1500 vs 100.
Rly weak cav units. Only Dol Amroth Swan Knight gonna be as powerfull as native cav.
Few usefull scripts.
No diplomacy atm (Maybe later. Gondor alliance with Harad after Mordor fail...? Dont think but dont say no).

And... Few screens? <:

Kingdom of Gondor

##new

Harad

##new

Dol-Amroth
dapiechota.jpg

Dol Amroth h infantry mix
skodah.jpg

Skoda (Swan Knights of Dol Amroth)
dahalbard2.jpg

Halabardier
##new

and one elven 2nd age armor for quick battle.

Gondor and Dol Amroth are 100% complet. Only micro changes.
Harad 80% is done. But after first beta we want rebuild it totaly.
Mordor. We have ~5%. Our Mordor blacksmith have to much work in his head. >:

We dont have any buildings atm. That what u can see in screens is only early Osgiliath version for quick battle.

Units trees (not curent at all)

map... not current too. ;p and thats only part of south alliance.

and few other 'free screens'

Few banners for Gondor:

1 - Denethor
2 - Faramir
3 - Beregond
4 - Anborn (he is lord of Ithilien - in sin. Ithil - moon so thats why this banner look like this one)
5 - Cornir (lord of Pelargir, i hope all here know thats port city)
6 - Fearnir (cpt of Cair Andros - north gate to Anorien, sin. Anor - sun).
7 ~Forlong (thats one isnt finished yet, that will be 7 white flowers (7 like valar stars) in black blackground. Cos Lossarnach was the valley of flowers).

In Harad main concpet is black/golden snake in red blackground. For Umbar City is gold emblemat of Umbar in red blackground

Dol-Amroth - Swans, swans, swans, maybe for pinnath gelin will be few hill in green blackground.

Mordor - Ofc Eye. But we need ~9 banners for this faction, so if u have an idea and want to see ur work in this mod feel free to put here ur images!

That what i show here thats 100% my own work... One expect is world map made by Ancalagon.

If u want join team, feel free to priv message me. We are in early stage and all kind of help will be usefull. (:

@most of this screens are not currents. I'm not in mod to photo seasion, better idea is still work. <:

Let us know what u think about that. <: And please... DONT CONFRONT this little mod to the great job what TLD team is doing!

At last... Team...
Ancalagon - maps, few dialogs.
Zizka - mordor blacksmith.
przydatnyczłowiek - few models.
and me.

From the pictures it is looking good just like all other LOTR mods that are in construction, just try to release this one!
We don't want pictures, we want releases!  :razz:

I think your factions are a bit.....well let's just say "dispersed" and looking much non-canon.

The elves seriously I think you should use Noldor Elves and Wooden/Sindarin Elves

Dol-Gundur was a Sauron fortification, so part of Mordor.
Dol-Amroth was sometimes considered as a separate nation but still it was alot more considered as part of Gondor. After all Dol-Amroth doesnt have any towns other then Dol-Amroth itself, they don't have a king. And Prince Imrahil is considered as the second hand of the keeper of throne of gondor, not as a heir to the throne of his own Kingdom.
Same for Umbar. This is what I think.

Anyways I still like it and so Good luck with it!  :wink:

I helped a bit with this mod and in revard recived acces to closed beta. I can say only one thing, it will be worth playng :smile: I cant whait to lead my Orcks horde of mass destruction into peaceful kingdoms of man. But what is Gandalf doing between haradrims on 5th big screenshot? ;p

Mat Berserker said:
I helped a bit with this mod and in revard recived acces to closed beta. I can say only one thing, it will be worth playng :smile: I cant whait to lead my Orcks horde of mass destruction into peaceful kingdoms of man. But what is Gandalf doing between haradrims on 5th big screenshot? ;p

Yep. Mat helped us with few rly important stuf with code. That was a huge jump. Ty Mat, I'm ur slave now. : p
Gnadalf... Mat i thought u knew game 'Where is Wally?' >: Anyway - u won! ;P

Revan Shan said:
Another LOTR mod? How many are therei n progress already?

Revan i rly dont care about other lotr mods. ; p In first think that was private work only for fun. : P

Winterz said:
We don't want pictures, we want releases!  :razz:
Dol-Gundur was a Sauron fortification, so part of Mordor.
Dol-Amroth was sometimes considered as a separate nation but still it was alot more considered as part of Gondor. After all Dol-Amroth doesnt have any towns other then Dol-Amroth itself, they don't have a king. And Prince Imrahil is considered as the second hand of the keeper of throne of gondor, not as a heir to the throne of his own Kingdom.
Same for Umbar. This is what I think.
Thats rly isnt so huge mod. Not much work = soon release. ; P

About Dol-Gundor and Dol Amroth.

Dol Gundor gonna be added for one of fractions only for better gameplay. ; p
Dol Amroth. IMO DA is lesser Gondor. Thats another fraction cos i hate sieges 1500 aganist 100. Gondor have ~6 lords, DA ~4... Thats main reason why this fractions are not united. DA is main city of Belfalas - look in mini map what settlements are in this faction. Gondor is almost only in anorien region.

lesser units...
    For Gondor and Dol Amroth: Blackroot archers, Ringo valey swordsmans, Lossarnach axemans, Pinnath Gelin wariors, Ithilien rangers, Pelargir sailors.
    Umbar: Citizien militia + corsairs. For Harad... Thats why i have to rebuild Harad after first beta. Far Harad was huge region... In this lands imo was rly much diffrent cultures... One of them has as a 'god' snakes, another lions, next one lamparts, and ofc one of them had Mumakils. Thats my main idea for Harad. 4 tribes, each with diffrent culture (units, 'gods', story, buildings, etc). Maybe here will be quest to support one culture and dominate another, what change Harad main culture. (:

Sry for language. Dont have time to check that post. Have Fun!
PS. I rly like when ppls share what thay think!

My compliments, this surely looks promising. I don't know if you've seen this OSP package but if you haven't, it might come in handy : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148402.0.html Good luck with your mod!

Hi! First post has been updated, not much but few actual screens. Thanks for ur comments. (: Thats great to know what u think about my work. But maybe have u few sugestions? ; P

Also.
I'm looking for Mordor blacksmith, asap. Friend who was working on this faction left our project. He didnt had enought time, u know school, etc... >: I dont feel the Mordor spirit, thats why i'm not continuing his work on my own hand. >: I'm able to feel all reason why men go to the war, add somthink about thier culture, etc. But no idea for Orc! ; P Rly.

Y thats mod for M&B, not warband. ; P

Sry for my language, i'm so tired today. |x Have fun, and let me know what u think about this!

Back
Top Bottom