Evolution or Creation?

Of what faith are you?

• Creationism

Votes: 95 14.9%
  • A power of some sort (reincarnation/superstitions/fortune telling/etc.)

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • Agnosticism (evolution implied)

Votes: 130 20.4%
  • Atheism (evolution implied)

Votes: 239 37.5%
  • Agnostic or atheist and does NOT believe in evoltion

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Theistic evolution (a god guided evolution)

Votes: 90 14.1%
  • I'm really not sure at this point...

Votes: 40 6.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aratek, this thread is for arguing the truth behind whether or not God and creationism is actually true. It's not about ones personal beliefs. If you don't want to argue your side, then don't participate.

Ingolifs said:
Aratek, this thread is for arguing the truth behind whether or not God and creationism is actually true. It's not about ones personal beliefs. If you don't want to argue your side, then don't participate.

Alrighty, perhaps that flaming was inappropriate.  But sometimes I just get tired of people talking **** about creation.  :roll:

Aratek said:
I don't give a **** if you think we evolutionists need to show evidence. If you don't show evidence about creation, we don't need to prove ****!

Think about that...or just shove your useless, stupid remarks about evolution up your ass!  :evil:

Fixed.

You're an idiot.

Aratek ,very mature of you.

Please read what Ingolifs said and tell me which part is offensive. By the way, you are claiming different things but doing the same. You say you don't "need" to show evidence but GS says he puts forward proof although he didn't.

Noone is forcing you to post in this thread or share your beliefs on the matter, so why do you care? I don't care about your belief, but seriously, what is the point in posting here without needing to show evidence? Would that make it a debate or... ?

If we all supposed to say "Ok, I believe in THIS, that's all", what is the point?

I put forth evidence.  The petroleum and fossil arguments were solid.  If you wish to argue that point, I have no problem.  I've been mocked before, I'll do it again.  If you want some decent evidence, ponder this question:  How come the world is so orderly?  Yeah, sure, evolution knew where it was going.  Bologna!  It points unerringly to an organized Creator, unless you are as blind as a bat.  How, if evolution is a still moving but slow process, how do the creatures survive in the meanwhile?  Sure, the fish survived for a few million years while struggling with their half-formed gills.  Yeah, the giraffes lived for ages after their food supply was depleted while waiting for their necks to grow longer.    Think, man!

And as for the problem of the Bible saying something about evolution, it doesn't mention it directly.  In one of the books of Timothy, the writer warns Timothy to beware of the "Oppositions of science falsely so called."  This is my quote about evolution.

"God gave us several clear warnings in the Bible that in the last days, evolutionism would be a worldwide problem.  The words evolution, evolutionism and uniformitarianism don't appear in the Bible because they didn't exist at the time the Bible was written."

Taken from creationists.org

I also believe that the earth is actually around 6,000 years old, not billions...which sounds ridiculous.  A planet couldn't survive THAT long with us on it.

I put forth evidence.  The petroleum and fossil arguments were solid.  If you wish to argue that point, I have no problem.

I already have argued that point, and i already have debunked it. read again.

And what makes you think that the weight of the water from the flood created crude petroleum oil? Because of plate tectonics, parts of the world that once were on the surface are sliding beneath all the time. Not to mention getting buried by the amount of space dust that falls on the earth each year. Plate tectonics also explains why there were fossils up in mt everest. The indian plate and the asian plate collided (don't quote me on this) sometime around 30 million years ago. The compression betwen these two masses of land is what we now know as the himalayas, a massive row of mountains, made of crumpled up earth crust. Before this happened, the area was under the water.

Basically, you don't have to have a ****load of water covering the earth to make petroleum. If you want to refute my point, you'll have to somehow refute plate tectonics.

Evolution is by no means orderly. Sure, through evolution, species tend to be quite efficient at what they do - they have to be - but you also see lots of useless byproducts of evolution; things that creatures don't need anymore, yet aren't harmful to their survival.

The human appendix is one example. The knobbly horns on top of the giraffe is another. The wings on the ostrich is a third.

I also believe that the earth is actually around 6,000 years old, not billions...which sounds ridiculous.  A planet couldn't survive THAT long with us on it.

the earth has existed for 4.6 billion years, humans (as we would vaguely recognise them today) have existed for only two million years, 95% of which has been spent living a nomadic lifestyle similar to other primates.

Are you suggesting that according to science, humans have been around for 4.6 billion years? If you are, that's just plain wrong, if you aren't you've just invalidated your argument.

AGAIN WITH THE APPENDIX!  Shoot, evolutionists are running out of ideas...

Anyway, about plate tectonics, if that's why we have oil, why aren't we getting more oil forming?  Plate tectonics is still active, you know.  Oh, yeah.  I don't subscribe to that whole one big continent thing.  The continents are, and always have been, seven in number.

Ingolifs said:

the earth has existed for 4.6 billion years, humans (as we would vaguely recognise them today) have existed for only two million years, 95% of which has been spent living a nomadic lifestyle similar to other primates.

Are you suggesting that according to science, humans have been around for 4.6 billion years? If you are, that's just plain wrong, if you aren't you've just invalidated your argument.

God created the damn earth so WE HUMANS could live on it.  He made the planet perfect just for us. 

There was no random creation of balls in space, which looked pretty in God's hanging display from the ceiling.

So, the planet started to age after Adam had been created...which is about 6,000 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom