Evolution or Creation?

Of what faith are you?

• Creationism

Votes: 95 14.9%
  • A power of some sort (reincarnation/superstitions/fortune telling/etc.)

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • Agnosticism (evolution implied)

Votes: 130 20.4%
  • Atheism (evolution implied)

Votes: 239 37.5%
  • Agnostic or atheist and does NOT believe in evoltion

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Theistic evolution (a god guided evolution)

Votes: 90 14.1%
  • I'm really not sure at this point...

Votes: 40 6.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to believe that monkeys evolved straight into humans. This is not true. There are many different monkeys and apes. A good example would be that ones that lived on plains with long grass, some had the ability to stand on two-legs for short periods of time, giving them the ability to see predators. These ones survived. As they began to all be able to stand on two-legs, then they had better use of their front legs, to carry tools and weapons.

Actually, bi-pedal motion is one of the largest factors in human evolution

Quote from: captianstripes on Today at 04:17:56 pm
Why are their not 8 eyed Antelopes?
Read me statement about prey animals above.

And where did those molecules that form the world we see today come from??

Once more, science does not know this yet.

To answer all those questions their is only one logical answer!! God!  

An infinite creature appearing from nowhere and creating everything with no reason to? Is that logical? Not appear have always and will always BE. It is just as logical as your "big bang" theory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: captianstripes on Today at 04:39:07 pm
You can take an electron and put it with a nuetron and then add a proton and you have an atom but you cannot CREATE a neutron or a proton or a electron.

Electrons and neutrons are made of even smaller particles recently discovered by science. So yes, you could make an electron and a neutron. AND WHERE DID THOSE SMALLER PARTICALS COME FROM?

Buxton said:
"Oh look, it's thundering outside."

"GOD MUST BE ANGRY!"

Uhh... If god was angry with you it would be after your dead when he would show you your punishment.

:roll:

I'll respond later, when I'm back from passing my genes on. Have fun.

Read my post, and go and get an education. Religion's nice to fill in the blanks, but it's about as waterproof as loo roll.

Naridill said:
Why for the love of Thor would you triple post? And why quote people's posts without adding anything? I'm sorry if I'm being rude, but are you mentally retarded in some way?

Yes i did change it, and i triple posted because i havnt figured out this posting thing and how to end quotes where i want them so its too confusing to do it all in one post.  :???:

Buxton said:
Read my post, and go and get an education. Religion's nice to fill in the blanks, but it's about as waterproof as loo roll.

Instead of throwing insults, do somthing usefull for your side and give helpful information to help contradict my beliefs.  :lol:

captianstripes said:
Can i ask a question? Thank you, what is the basic law of matter? Matter cannot be created!
Um, yes it can. How do you think little babies become big strong men? :roll:
So basically for the "big bang" to have happened when one atom collided with another one creating a massive explosion
That's not the Big Bang theory :lol:
And for evolution, men have wanted to fly for centuries so why don't I see birdmen?
Err, what has someone wanting to do something got to do with evolving to it? Silver wanted to be born a woman, yet he's still male :roll:
Or why don't I see Deer that have an eye in the back of their heads so they can see predators??
Like most herbivores they have their eyes in the sides of their head, which gives them near 360 vision. Being deer however they rely more on their sense of smell than their eyesight.
Why cant you just think "man I wish i had an extra arm" and your grandchildren progressively grow extra arms
Same reason you can't think "man I wish I had an education" and you suddenly become smart :lol:
For anything to have happend their had to be a "beginning" so where did earth come from?? The planets?
Same place the Sun came from, which is pretty rudimentary astrophysics there :roll:
Why didn't all monkeys become humans?
Why would they?
What possible benefit would an antelope derive from a further six eyes?
Same place the Sun came from, again.
Well, if you're education is still at playschool level I can see where the problem comes from.

God makes much more sense because God has the ability to do anything, he is not human he is GOD. And you cannot create matter it is imposible. You can take an electron and put it with a nuetron and then add a proton and you have an atom but you cannot CREATE a neutron or a proton or a electron, somthing would have had to place them there before. I do not know the exact definision of God but i do know that he is capable to do anything.
Google "Quarks".

captianstripes said:
Yes i did change it, and i triple posted because i havnt figured out this posting thing and how to end quotes where i want them so its too confusing to do it all in one post.  :???:
Probably the only thing you've said so far that's made sense :lol:

Naridill said:
Why for the love of Thor would you triple post? And why quote people's posts without adding anything? I'm sorry if I'm being rude, but are you mentally retarded in some way?

He does add, actually. Inside the quoted posts.  :razz:

EDIT: Well, he didn't this time (see below) Oh no, he added a smiley, actually  :lol:

Archonsod said:
captianstripes said:
Can i ask a question? Thank you, what is the basic law of matter? Matter cannot be created!
Um, yes it can. How do you think little babies become big strong men? :roll: The cells multiply they do not appear out of no where.
So basically for the "big bang" to have happened when one atom collided with another one creating a massive explosion
That's not the Big Bang theory :lol:  Somthing around that.
And for evolution, men have wanted to fly for centuries so why don't I see birdmen?
Err, what has someone wanting to do something got to do with evolving to it? Silver wanted to be born a woman, yet he's still male :roll: Well then what dose cause evolution? And your saying humans were evolved by pure chance?
Or why don't I see Deer that have an eye in the back of their heads so they can see predators??
Like most herbivores they have their eyes in the sides of their head, which gives them near 360 vision. Being deer however they rely more on their sense of smell than their eyesight. They could become a new species and also grow teeth and become a predetor and put an eye on their nose to help hunt down the yummiest part of the carcass when their digging into a dead animal.  :grin:
Why cant you just think "man I wish i had an extra arm" and your grandchildren progressively grow extra arms
Same reason you can't think "man I wish I had an education" and you suddenly become smart :lol: hmm well becuase i havnt had along time to study the strange theory of evolution because im only 13  :razz: So what dose cause evolution?
For anything to have happend their had to be a "beginning" so where did earth come from?? The planets?
Same place the Sun came from, which is pretty rudimentary astrophysics there :roll: So the sun flew out of the big bang hole? and managed to land in the exact right place for it to provide wonderfull living conditions to the earth?
Why didn't all monkeys become humans?
Why would they? Well it seems to me that humans are living alot better life then monkeys.
What possible benefit would an antelope derive from a further six eyes?
Same place the Sun came from, again.
Well, if you're education is still at playschool level I can see where the problem comes from.

God makes much more sense because God has the ability to do anything, he is not human he is GOD. And you cannot create matter it is imposible. You can take an electron and put it with a nuetron and then add a proton and you have an atom but you cannot CREATE a neutron or a proton or a electron, somthing would have had to place them there before. I do not know the exact definision of God but i do know that he is capable to do anything.
Google "Quarks".

captianstripes said:
Probably the only thing you've said so far that's made sense :lol:

Vilhjalmr said:
Archonsod said:
Same reason you can't think "man I wish I had an education" and you suddenly become smart :lol:

Ha ha ha ha! Because in your "theory of evolutionation"  :roll: it takes allot of generations for them to become smart. Maybe that's why their are some kid geniuses  :lol:

Quarks, Interesting and why do you think these exist? And by the way i have no problem witht them existing but you still have the same problem. "where did these come from?"

Ursca said:
Right, I would read this.
Any further questions can be answered by judicious use of wikipedia.

Umm still dosent answer "where did it come from"  :wink: O and you know that  Charles Darwin actually recalled his theory of evolution?? (Just thought id throw that in  :wink: )

Ursca said:
captianstripes said:
O and you know that  Charles Darwin actually recalled his theory of evolution?? (Just thought id throw that in  :wink: )
Untrue.  Probably but i did read it once.

captianstripes said:
Well im going to go finish my last little bit of school I shall return later!!  :cool:
That would be a very good idea indeed. Yes i am a smart little boy arn't I!

captianstripes said:
The cells multiply they do not appear out of no where.
Oh really? How do these cells multiply then? You just said you can't create matter, so I guess those cells must already be there. Maybe God hides them and gives us a few each year as a birthday present :lol:
  Somthing around that.
No, you don't get atoms until after the big bang/
And your saying humans were evolved by pure chance?
What part of natural selection implies pure chance?
They could become a new species and also grow teeth and become a predetor and put an eye on their nose to help hunt down the yummiest part of the carcass when their digging into a dead animal.  :grin:
Well they could, but then they'd be competing with the hundreds of other predators rather than occupying a rather select niche.
So what dose cause evolution?
Same thing that stops you being an identical clone of your parents, basically. Genetic differences between generations being passed down.
So the sun flew out of the big bang hole? and managed to land in the exact right place for it to provide wonderfull living conditions to the earth?
:lol: You do realise that our Sun is actually younger than the universe right? And Earth is only perfect for living for us because we're born on it. If we were adapted to breathe methane or hydrogen we'd be pretty screwed here.
Well it seems to me that humans are living alot better life then monkeys.
All evolution cares about is whether you have kids, and trust me, monkeys get laid a hell of a lot more than the average human.
Quarks, Interesting and why do you think these exist?
Because we can measure them. It's a bit hard to argue the non-existence of things everyone can see.
And by the way i have no problem witht them existing but you still have the same problem. "where did these come from?"
They're actually known to spontaneously appear within space :razz: A better question would be where did space come from :lol:
you know that  Charles Darwin actually recalled his theory of evolution
No he didn't. Not according to his wife, the priest who gave him the last rites or indeed anyone else who was there to witness his death :roll:
Well im going to go finish my last little bit of school I shall return later!!
Kid, you'd do better to stay in school a bit longer :lol:

captianstripes said:
Ok well where did this energy originate from?
captianstripes said:
So basically for the "big bang" to have happened when one atom collided with another one creating a massive explosion or whatever, WHERE did those atoms comefrom?????
To these questions, I do not know, as I am not a physicist.  I will, however, ask why you can acknowledge that God has existed forever, but everything else must have a defined beginning? 

You may not have all the answers but so far as i can see it God explains everything. Simple. He created earth and humans, the animals, eveything. Period. And who thought up the wild big bang theory?? Also there is ABSALUTELY no proof or evidence of a big bang. (as far as i know)
And where did God come from?  I would also highly suggest that you learn the basics of your argument before you start jumping in.  There is, in fact, both theoretical and observational evidence for it, which is why it is currently the accepted theory for the creation of the universe.  The observational evidence is based on light and radiation analysis, who's behavior is consistent with the postulated theory. 

captianstripes said:
. Where did this DNA come from??
Since no matter what I say, you will respond with "where did x come from"  I will, instead, state that there are a few theories for the ultimate creation of "life".  Theories include the (admittedly flawed)  Miller-Urey experiment, which showed that proteins could be created under appropriate conditions from less complex chemicals.  In addition, there are theories regarding some unique properties of clay (see Graham Cairns-Smith)and Wächtershäuser's theory about the iron-sulfur world.  Fox has shown that amino acids can spontaneously form small peptides.  A combination of these small proteins and amino acids then were able to form small proto-cells that were capable of reproduction.  However, this, like Miller-Urey, was under laboratory conditions, and so isn't conclusive proof, but is certainly part of the ongoing scientific search for the origin of life. 

captianstripes said:
Hmm.. Then deer have a smaller brain then spiders?
*sigh*  And you are unaware of the complexity of the deer's eye as opposed to the fly's.  However, the "might overload the brain" was not, in fact, true.  A third eye would simply not be useful to the deer.  To bring in a third eye, another opening in the brain would be necessary, which increases the vulnerability of the brain.  Further, that necessitates additional cranial nerves or another branches off the existing nerves, both of which further add to vulnerability.  Finally, evolution is not a goal-oriented process.  Once binocular vision became the norm for complex organisms, and was sufficient for life, an additional eye was simply not developed, as there was not enough evolutionary pressure to warrant its inclusion.

captianstripes said:
Ok then how come animals got a wife and passed there [adapted?] gene to there Kids?
...What?  This really doesn't make sense. 

Basically, every question of yours, so far, asked on the topic can be answered by a basic high-school level knowledge of evolution, rather than the strawman you appear to be attacking.  Might I ask, how old are you?

pre-post edit:
Archonsod said:
You do realise that our Sun is actually younger than the universe right? And Earth is only perfect for living for us because we're born on it. If we were adapted to breathe methane or hydrogen we'd be pretty screwed here.
This deserves to be stressed, as its one of the more common fallacies I see.  We adapted to the Earth, not vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom