Sword of Damocles Warlords 3.0 Beta - Bugs, Problems, and Improvements Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

No, I am not. I am the king of my faction and vassal of no one.
Here's some proof that the game thinks that way as well:

mb14.jpg

mb13.jpg

By the way:

It's only a minor thing, but does one -really- have to get tools and red velvet to move his/her council?
I think that's a little... yeah. You're the king of a bloody kingdom. You can SEND people out to get tool and red velvet.

Maybe remove that requirement to move your council?

good point ^^ I felt the same, maybe mail waihti about it, I mean you can make your wife go get bread, we could expand it for her to go get more. Give here some denars to buy a nice hat as well tough...

The betting issue just dissapeared.
I have no idea why, but it's gone.  :neutral:

I'm absolutely certain that it didn't work once, in Applegrove, but in a different town, it worked again.

manekemaan said:
thanks for your active reporting elric, computica is sleeping atm but I placed the bug in the first post.
Thanks MM and Elric I appreciate your help.

Spebull said:
I have played a while , the bug with relationship is already known i see ,
at the moment i have more problems with the lag already , you have a fixed map version with fixed looter spawn ?

I found out the issue after I sent out the 3.0 beta.

Side Note:
I was surprised when I saw over 60 people had downloaded the beta! That's pretty freaking cool!

Don't forget to add the main issue I've run into:

As king of my kingdom, I can't do any diplomacy at all.
Not myself, personally with other kings, not trough my minister.

I'm not sure, but I didn't make one of my companions the minister. Could that be the reason?
Do you need an actual companion to be minister to do any diplomacy?  :neutral:

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
Don't forget to add the main issue I've run into:

As king of my kingdom, I can't do any diplomacy at all.
Not myself, personally with other kings, not trough my minister.
Do you own at least 1 town? You have to have a town then hire the last staff member which is the chancellor. he deals with population and the such.

UPDATE: Guys I haven't had the chance to figure out how well the troop based buildings are working out. I has anyone built any of the 3? (Barracks,Range,Stables)

edit: not constable but chancellor becomes available when owning a town.

Ahhh, that makes sense.

No, I don't own a town, yet.
That must be it then. Thanks!

Also, I'm building a barrack in my castle right now.
So I'll be able to tell you if it does anything soon.

What exactly is it supposed to do?

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
Ahhh, that makes sense.

No, I don't own a town, yet.
That must be it then. Thanks!

Also, I'm building a barrack in my castle right now.
So I'll be able to tell you if it does anything soon.

What exactly is it supposed to do?
If you have lower level troops in the garrison that can become melee troops they will automatically train every week and level up on there own. It works like the computer does but on a weekly basis instead. In order for them to level up you need to have money in your treasury build a blacksmith there to half the cost to upgrade them automatically.

Sorry for making lotsa false reports, there's just so many features I'm not sure about how they work.  :smile:

On the barracks:
I am recruiting and training troops in my castle already.
Even without the barracks, I get Antarian Javelinman and Antarian Veteran Infantry.
That's already the highiest non-noble unit you can get for Antarians, I think?

So it seems like the effect the barracks are supposed to give is already being applied to my troops.

And my Nord Footmen are also training up on their own already.

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
Sorry for making lotsa false reports, there's just so many features I'm not sure about how they work.  :smile:

On the barracks:
I am recruiting and training troops in my castle already.
Even without the barracks, I get Antarian Javelinman and Antarian Veteran Infantry.
That's already the highiest non-noble unit you can get for Antarians, I think?

So it seems like the effect the barracks are supposed to give is already being applied to my troops.

And my Nord Footmen are also training up on their own already.
:twisted: Good  Good, Is there a message saying how many your training?

Yeah, there is:

I'm losing the amount of denars the upgrade costs, and there is a message:
"Your constable has upgraded ***** to ***** at castle *****"

I don't have any barracks yet, so I wonder what they will improve. I told my constable to let the troops train though, but it shouldn't work without the barracks?  :neutral:

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
Yeah, there is:

I'm losing the amount of denars the upgrade costs, and there is a message:
"Your constable has upgraded ***** to ***** at castle *****"

I don't have any barracks yet, so I wonder what they will improve. I told my constable to let the troops train though, but it shouldn't work without the barracks?  :neutral:
Your constable gives a good bonus to the training since he can only train one location at a time. The buildings can work independently without him though even though they grant a bonus when the constable trains troops.

Ahh, I see.
Thanks for taking the time to explain all these things to me.  :smile:

I'll switch recruiting and training trough my constable to a different castle once the barracks have been built, and observe if they still train with only the barracks in that castle.

Update:

I can still offer other kings to serve them in vassalage, even though I have my own kingdom.
Is that intended?

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
Ahh, I see.
Thanks for taking the time to explain all these things to me.  :smile:

I'll switch recruiting and training trough my constable to a different castle once the barracks have been built, and observe if they still train with only the barracks in that castle.

Update:

I can still offer other kings to serve them in vassalage, even though I have my own kingdom.
Is that intended?
Yes it is. When you gain Right to Rule the other kings will see you as more of a King.

Another false report, then. Sorry.

Another thing I noticed:

One of the Halberds, the one just called "Halberd" (Dark wooden staff, steel head, rather simple) does not have any strength requirements.

A halberd should have strength requirements, not matter how cheap or expensive it is.
On the other hand, you could lower the requirements of swords a tad.

(Almost) everybody can swing a sword, since decent swords from the medieval times were rather lightweight.
Even blunted ones used today are not that heavy at all. I have three blunted swords and one sharp sword, and I can confirm that swords really aren't that heavy by personal experience. Maybe keep it on two-handed swords and the likes, but hand-and-a-half (bastard) swords really shouldn't have any strength requirement.

Of course there's the question of how effective a not-so-strong character will be with a bastard sword, but not having power strike and only a few points in strength will make it ineffective enough.

A halberd on the other hand. Ahhh. Heavy and exhausting to swing.

Oh, I have a town now. And a chancellor. Still no diplomacy options.
On the good side, I can confirm that barracks are working as intended.

There is another bug:

The Vaegirs offered me a truce, and I accepted, dictating the terms.
I demanded 5000 denars and Bada Castle, and they accepted.

Bada castle is now in my colours, and I own it.
Yet, it tells me "There is no garrison. The other matter took precedence.", even though there are 180 Vaegir soliders stationed there, that I can manage when using the 'manage garrison' menu.

I can't use the 'manage castle' menu either.
It's the same with the village that belongs to the castle.

And one more suggestion:

Make the diplomatic announcements ONLY appear in the lower left corner of your screen, remove the pop-up message except if it's about your own kingdom/faction.

I find the to be a tad exhausting, having to click on continue all the time when just moving from A to B.

what exactly do you understand under diplomacy options?

is your minister one of your companions or your wife or just someone you assigned from the town?

Just someone assigned from the town.
My character doesn't have a wife.

That's what I've asked a few posts ago, actually: If the minister has to be one of your companions to do any real diplomacy.

Back
Top Bottom