Sword of Damocles Warlords 3.0 Beta - Bugs, Problems, and Improvements Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

(Under Construction)

The Info below was a check list I sent to the Beta Team.

This is what's left to do before 3.0 is officially released:
-Scenes
-New Banners
-Map Optimization

List of features for you all to test:
-Map Speed  [Works]
-Testing the insane amount of new features
-Population System [Works]
-Health System [Works]
-Faith System [Works]
-Population and it's effects [Works]
-Item Balancing
-Automatic Troop Training for Troops in Garrisons [Works]
-Amount of Population can either increase or decrease amount of time it takes to complete buildings! [Works]
-Blacksmith & Banking Features [Works]
-Making sure buildings give the correct benefits [Works]
-Making Sure Horses take extra damage when attacked by an unmounted troop using a thrust move with a pole arm [Removed]
-Making sure the NEW Death Cam works [Works Could use a speed boost]
-Making sure that lords don't let you recruit from them if there Population is below 100 (Unless relations are high[50] or a school has been built) [Works]
-Making sure that lords will not duel you if their health is below 100 [Works]
-Making Sure you can turn on and off Automatic Garrison Training and Troop Training through the camp menu [Works]
-New Factions have there own tournament Load-outs now. [Works]

UPDATE 1:
I'm gonna release a patch soon for the beta. I fixed some things and added a few things here and there. I've also added a few weapons to some of the troops that were lacking in some areas.

Current bugs

- Some items aren't named properly.  [I'm pretty sure we've changed them all]
- entrance game message "Your minister sends words that there are problems brewing in the realm which, if left untreated, could sap your authority." I get this upon immediate entrance into the game, after character creation. The following quest is given as well : Consult with minister. And it says "Consult with <name> at your court in <name>."  [This shouldn't happen anymore]
- lord relation hits for no normal reason.
- start in the middle of the map and not near the sea as intended  [This is because the player spawns near a random Training Camp]
- guards in the town remain the culture of their former owners  [Based upon who you garrison]
- sometimes unable to bet on tournaments as king
- bug concerning fiefs gotten by peace negotiations.
- bug concerning building time in relation with engineering skill.

bugs:
got some messages that my relation with several lords lowered from 0 to -3/-4 at day 4 without ever seeing them before. The lords all had in common that they werent in the realm anymore.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The lagging on the map isnt fixed completely, its much better than before, but it lags frequently even now.

Another thing i experienced is, that its much too easy to get money. Im at day 6, level 4 and i got 200.000 after winning 3 tournaments with ease.

In those tournaments, there are sometimes spawns that have the equipment you get when you infiltrate an enemys city: they got a staff (which fits a tournament in its blunt-damage-way) and the throwing knives which dont belong there.

An Improvement i would see would be to either drop the native factions (nords, veagirs etc.) or to make the map itself a bit smaller. I think those old factions disturbe the ambience a bit and i would like to see a world with only the mods own factions. And if the map was cut a bit smaller that could help with the lags and you as a player would be so struck by the overly large map.

Valdarr said:
bugs:
got some messages that my relation with several lords lowered from 0 to -3/-4 at day 4 without ever seeing them before. The lords all had in common that they werent in the realm anymore.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The lagging on the map isnt fixed completely, its much better than before, but it lags frequently even now.

Another thing i experienced is, that its much too easy to get money. Im at day 6, level 4 and i got 200.000 after winning 3 tournaments with ease.

In those tournaments, there are sometimes spawns that have the equipment you get when you infiltrate an enemys city: they got a staff (which fits a tournament in its blunt-damage-way) and the throwing knives which dont belong there.

An Improvement i would see would be to either drop the native factions (nords, veagirs etc.) or to make the map itself a bit smaller. I think those old factions disturbe the ambience a bit and i would like to see a world with only the mods own factions. And if the map was cut a bit smaller that could help with the lags and you as a player would be so struck by the overly large map.
-I've fixed the away lord relation bug
-the half complete optimized map is in the "_OPTIONAL" directory under the mods folder the one your using is the unoptimized map
-I'm working on the map still the speed will be improved
-You won 3 tournaments in 6 days without using cheats at level 4??? In that case the tournament fighters will get a nasty stat buff...
-Yeah I had did that to the tournament spawns to test it out :razz: I like that the 2 handed sword is in but those practice daggers  :???:
-The factions on the map aren't final at all. There on there for testing purposes. I want to balance out all the factions first before I start moving them off..

UPDATE:
After playing the game until March the game speed had picked up like normal. I think I know what the issue is now with the map lag. At the start of every game (including Native) The game will spawn looters on the map for every village, town, castle etc. So the game has over 500 different place on the map. The max looters I had set were to be only 84 which is double of the original size from Native. So the map will lag in speed time because there are over 500 parties of looters on the map. and until those looter parties have been killed off and destroyed to an acceptable level the game will pick up speed like normal. Now if I'm correct there could be more than one spawn for looters at the start for every place in the game. I can easily fix the map lag now since I know the root of the problem. I'm zipping around the map now with no more slowing down. Interesting how it all works out...

I know this does not belong here... but the list at the top seeing the features almost made me dance in delight. This sounds like it's going to be kickass.

Lolocks said:
I know this does not belong here... but the list at the top seeing the features almost made me dance in delight. This sounds like it's going to be kickass.
Thanks it will be, there is some balancing I need to do on the player's end of things. The game is really hard now..

I was able to test the game myself without cheats and it is really hard trying to set your own kingdom together. I got a lot of Pressure from the Swadians and there Knights.

About the tournament fights, Would it be possible to add one handed mace for lance users? No big dealso Im fine with etiher way just suggesting it. The faces you can borrow from other mods (cant remember which is good)

EDIT: ALso for Computica, is there a fixed spawning location for sea raiders, forest bandits, tundra bandits, etc? New players might get helped if they know where the training location is.

EDIT: Seax (Ome handed weapon) question. Why is the hilt goes horizantal from the stomach towards the left of the character isntead of vertically slanted like other one handed swords?

you start in the center of the map and not somewhere near the sea.

the pole hammer shouldn't be able to be used on a horse

the items number 277 till 290 (or something like this I found this with the cheatmenu get item feature) are all the same looking ingame and have different names

Fyorax said:
About the tournament fights, Would it be possible to add one handed mace for lance users? No big dealso Im fine with etiher way just suggesting it. The faces you can borrow from other mods (cant remember which is good)
I could do so, but since it's a tournament and not a gladiators arena I'd rather give them a club  :razz:

I'd rather make new faces to be honest with you.

Fyorax said:
EDIT: ALso for Computica, is there a fixed spawning location for sea raiders, forest bandits, tundra bandits, etc? New players might get helped if they know where the training location is.
The spawn locations are fixed but there are more than one for each bandit type...

Fyorax said:
EDIT: Seax (Ome handed weapon) question. Why is the hilt goes horizantal from the stomach towards the left of the character isntead of vertically slanted like other one handed swords?
I'd have to check that out, I never really have time to check every weapon, but if I do see anything out of place I will fix them. I'll look into it.

manekemaan said:
you start in the center of the map and not somewhere near the sea.
Thanks, I have to move the training camps to where the water is...

manekemaan said:
the pole hammer shouldn't be able to be used on a horse
Cool I'll check them...

manekemaan said:
the items number 277 till 290 (or something like this I found this with the cheatmenu get item feature) are all the same looking ingame and have different names
Interesting... I'll have to check that though I'm not sure if it's a glitch...

small suggestion, maybe when you disband units while in a town/village they could join the population? this could give some cool war options like when you are in war with an other country, get a good relation with their villages, recruit there to reduce population and then place the population in your own towns/villages

guards in the town remain the culture of their former owners. in my case, villianese regular infrantery instead of antarians

manekemaan said:
small suggestion, maybe when you disband units while in a town/village they could join the population? this could give some cool war options like when you are in war with an other country, get a good relation with their villages, recruit there to reduce population and then place the population in your own towns/villages
I'm actually developing something like that. Check the population diagram I sent you a while ago. Oh you may have noticed how difficult it was to recruit from villages now. Especially from other factions villages.

Very minor thing right off the bat, the picture when selecting the mod is very large and can only see the top left corner. Or maybe that's just me as I don't see anyone else saying such.

manekemaan said:

Confirmed by moi.

Halsemon said:
Very minor thing right off the bat, the picture when selecting the mod is very large and can only see the top left corner. Or maybe that's just me as I don't see anyone else saying such.

manekemaan said:

Confirmed by moi.
The picture is minor I just forgot to re-size it  :razz:

Even though the game may show those extra items through a cheat menu it's not actually what it looks like in code.

Computica said:
Halsemon said:

manekemaan said:

Confirmed by moi.
The picture is minor I just forgot to re-size it  :razz:

Even though the game may show those extra items through a cheat menu it's not actually what it looks like in code.
Yes, again it's very minor.
I've tried on every single item of that item range and it shows it as being the robe. Check it out. ctrl+~ --> cheat menu --> find an item... --> item range 192-287 at the bottom, and click next item range once more and it is the first few.

Anyways, now to report a few things.

"Your minister sends words that there are problems brewing in the realm which, if left untreated, could sap your authority." I get this upon immediate entrance into the game, after character creation. The following quest is given as well : Consult with minister. And it says "Consult with <name> at your court in <name>."
Leatherwork item should just be Leather
Tunic with vest should have a capital V
Dull Greathelm should be Dull Great Helmet to be consistent with the rest
Polehammer, Cimitar and Breat plate issue still there.
Rajput should be Rajput Helmet as a Rajput is the name of an Indian warrior so 'Helmet' should be added to the item name.

Bugs:

Once I founded my own kingdom, I could no longer bet ANY amount during tournaments.
My guess is that it has to do with the treasury you get for your kingdom management.

Also:

Once I founded my own kingdom, I tried to duel a king. (Antarian King)
He still said that it wouldn't be fitting to duel a mere soldier like my character.

Since my character basicly is a king himself now, it would be nice to be able to duel other kings.

Also, I can't do any diplomacy at all. Not trough my minister, nor directyl with the king of the faction (Antarian King)

@Elric, The second bit about dueling with a king. To be able to do so, you must have renown, it isn't dependent upon whether or not you are a king yourself. This should have been posted within the suggestions thread, and is a good one to have.

Halsemon said:
"Your minister sends words that there are problems brewing in the realm which, if left untreated, could sap your authority." I get this upon immediate entrance into the game, after character

This was an error I had used to get earlier on but it stopped after I completed all the factions. I wonder what triggers this to happen? I haven't been getting this error at all since then. See if you can make this happen again.

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
Bugs:

Once I founded my own kingdom, I could no longer bet ANY amount during tournaments.
My guess is that it has to do with the treasury you get for your kingdom management.
Hmm I have a kingdom and the bets are working fine. How did you establish your kingdom?

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
Also:

Once I founded my own kingdom, I tried to duel a king. (Antarian King)
He still said that it wouldn't be fitting to duel a mere soldier like my character.
In order to duel with someone the players renown has to be at least half. I've changed it to be a bit easier though.

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
Since my character basicly is a king himself now, it would be nice to be able to duel other kings.

Also, I can't do any diplomacy at all. Not trough my minister, nor directyl with the king of the faction (Antarian King)
If your a vassal you can't do any diplomacy options. Your king does that for you.

If I've misunderstood and you are the king of your faction then I'd like to know how your kingdom was established. Did you rebel?

Halsemon said:
@Elric, The second bit about dueling with a king. To be able to do so, you must have renown, it isn't dependent upon whether or not you are a king yourself. This should have been posted within the suggestions thread, and is a good one to have.
I've made it now so that thee player will know how much renown they need if there rejected.

I have played a while , the bug with relationship is already known i see ,
at the moment i have more problems with the lag already , you have a fixed map version with fixed looter spawn ?

Alright, the part about the renown makes sense. Just thought you had to be king to duel a king, since they say basicly exactly that when you want to duel them.

Yeah, you misunderstood, I am the king/faction leader:smile:

I established my Kingdom by just conquering a castle, without any help or quest.

Also, about the bets:

As I said, I conquered a castle to start my kingdom, but there might be something else causing the bet-bug:
I bet an incredibly high amount in the last tourney (20000), and I lost. Maybe that caused the error? Just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom