"You have engendered too much controversy" and no town assigned ever

Users who are viewing this thread

savior

Veteran
Hi, I conquered 3/4 towns and every time i ask someone to support me for the claim they say "you have engendered too much controversy...wait some time and ...some other bull****" and the town is given to someonels else.

What does it mean? I have honor 17.

I have just passed a period in which i was marshall and have been all the time in campaign and kicking ass, maybe i pushed the lords too much? How can i solve this?

Thank you

As marshal, you get controversy every time you let one of your faction's villages get raided.
When not marshal, you gain controversy from courting a lady already being courted and other similar little things. The biggest is having villages raided.

It only goes away with time.

You should be able to see your current controversy rating on your Notes page.

I got that response when I was marshal, so I made sure to do a bad job and I was replaced within a week.  :mrgreen:
My controversy went down after that.

You also gain controversy every time you lose a castle or town or one of your faction's lords is defeated in battle (in addition to villages being raided as mentioned above).

You lose controversy when you defeat an enemy lord, take a castle or town, or one of the enemy's villages is raided.  I think you also lose controversy if you rescue an imprisoned lord.

Just don't take any towns or castles that you want while you have high controversy.  I think once you have above 50 or so, you won't be awarded anything.

Controversy must be under 25/50/75 depending on what argument is used to award you the fief (e.g most deserving, lord without fief or lord who captured the castle/town).

Back
Top Bottom