B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you gays make shildwall formamation in mod , usefulle when bathering ramp breaks down the castle gate and defenders stand in shildwall formation
sory for incorect english language im no the native englishman

kuauik said:
hh i really doubt that they were standing in formation when besieging,one hit by mangonel and they are gone
They were.Btw it's awesome to see it in,in Warband.Not everyone running to the walls,boring!  :roll:

JankoMega said:
kuauik said:
hh i really doubt that they were standing in formation when besieging,one hit by mangonel and they are gone
They were.Btw it's awesome to see it in,in Warband.Not everyone running to the walls,boring!  :roll:
do you have some reference for it?btw i think that they will running to the wall ,i think they are waiting for the ram or the siege tower on those pictures

kuauik said:
JankoMega said:
kuauik said:
do you have some reference for it?btw i think that they will running to the wall ,i think they are waiting for the ram or the siege tower on those pictures
no,no you didn't understand,i said about native,where soldiers are just running on the wall.This mod has so much better and complex options for siege.

Don't forget to make Masjids ( Mosques ) as well as Churches in Jerusalem , because Muslims and Christians lived in peace there .
There must be more Masjids than Churches because most of the population there were Muslims . Masjids mustn't be very big . Make some of them big and some other small . That's if you want to make the town really alive and good realistic looking .  :razz:

this armor is inaccurate - it appeared in the late 13th century & only became popular after the 1400s

32915bf2d46c.jpg

In the XIIIth century many crusaders used "closed" helms. But not by the time of this mod.

visored helmets where more popular
closed helmets actually did appear in the 12th century so including them would be accurate too
btw, a Spanish knight who fought Saladin at Tyre was recorded to have
dressed in green and wore a helmet with a pair of stag's antlers

Templar reference battle of Hattin 

Templar_KnightCrossreference.jpg

army of Richard the lion heart (osprey, the third crusade) ; notice the diamond shaped great-helm on the far left

picture1ius.png

picture2lwx.png

The two helms at the right and in the middle are transitionnal helms. Real great helms or totally closed helms appeared in the mid-13th century. But even the helms that we can see in the Maciejowski Bible (about 1250-1260) are called
"small helms" (petit heaume in French).
The one you call "diamond shaped great-helm" is actually a Castillan late 12th century helm (btw, I have made it for Europe 1200)  :wink:

Sayd Ûthman said:
What is CBUR ??
Complete Byzantine Unit Roster for Total War Games.
You can find us here:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=718

My avatar head is one of our models of Byzantines of 10th-11th centuries.

About the closed helmets.
When we talk if a part of equipemnt was used we must define when and where.
Closed helmets were in use for centuries before th e1st crusade but when crusaders
settled in Middle East they were forced to adopt new kind of equipment to be more comfortable
in the desert heat!
Normansa and later all western europeans used such closed helmets all around europe that climate was cold and the opponets used similar equipment.
In middle east saracens did not use the same equipment and they had much more mobile and manuevrable armies thanks to the vast numbers of light
and range horsemen of theirs.
Medieval Romans (Byzantines) were forced also to change their equipment,warfare and army composition after the 1st arabic expansion !
So what is used is relative to where and why!

The new helmet, and some improved textures of helmets:
image-2AF0_4E0A1182.jpg

image-2A10_4E0A344B.jpg
A comparison with the old version:
New version:
image-FD45_4E0A2044.jpg

Old version:
image-660F_4E0A2352.jpg

AnthoniusII said:
Sayd Ûthman said:
What is CBUR ??
Complete Byzantine Unit Roster for Total War Games.
You can find us here:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=718

My avatar head is one of our models of Byzantines of 10th-11th centuries.

About the closed helmets.
When we talk if a part of equipemnt was used we must define when and where.
Closed helmets were in use for centuries before th e1st crusade but when crusaders
settled in Middle East they were forced to adopt new kind of equipment to be more comfortable
in the desert heat!
Normansa and later all western europeans used such closed helmets all around europe that climate was cold and the opponets used similar equipment.
In middle east saracens did not use the same equipment and they had much more mobile and manuevrable armies thanks to the vast numbers of light
and range horsemen of theirs.
Medieval Romans (Byzantines) were forced also to change their equipment,warfare and army composition after the 1st arabic expansion !
So what is used is relative to where and why!

You guys,have worked well and I like your project  :wink:

btw,great helms  :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom