:idea: mail coif - mighfar - مغفر
:idea: lamellar cuirass - jawshan - جوشن 
:idea: round shield - turs - ترس
:idea: sword - saif - سيف

islamarms.gif

:wink:

picture13wy.png

picture21g.png

That looks more Turkish than Arabic to be honest.

:roll:

THIS IS THE 12TH CENTURY - TURKS, ARABS & PERSIANS IN THE LEVANT WORE THE SAME COSTUMES & ARMOR
both Ayyubid and Seljuq forces incorporated a variety of people from many cultures

:mrgreen: so you can say good by to this silly scenario from now on !

kres-batal.jpg

and replace it with this

sartngeitaleri6010.jpg

8009.jpg

Also, Arabic nomads wore leather straps around their midsections in battle since ~600 AD.

yes but it looked like a normal belt or baldric,  not the one from assassins creed or the WWE championship
the large examples seen today are from the late ottoman period

- so if they get included then so do bullets, rifles and bayonets

Jordan-Historical-Sites-picski-2301.jpg

Just wanna put this Warband 1257AD video about Crusades... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBtYxtQBHK8&feature=related
It's awesome! :grin:

@matmohair1:

I'm glad to see you're willing to make whole posts, with pictures, about something I never argued.
That armor is a Turkish/Seljuk armor and not of Arabic origin. Whether be it part of the Muslim armies that fought the crusaders or not is a completely different question, that I didn't even approach.

Those names that you gave, in Arabic, are very general names, that can be given to any set of armour, really.
I meant that they will not have a native, or in this case generally more specific terms associated with them.

As for the leather belts, they are obviously not as large as the badnit's, but leather straps WERE worn, from small double/triple buckles, to larger ones. They were used as belts pretty much. You can read through Osprey's Armies of the Islamic Conquest and Armies of the Caliphate to see for yourself.

That armor is a Turkish/Seljuk armor and not of Arabic origin.

so what, everyone used them back then even before the Seljuks arrived

in fact the origins go back even as far as the  Persian Sassanids 

23ibqn1.jpg

armiesofthemuslimconquejk9.jpg

its like saying that only the Germans alone wore Houndskull Bascinets in 14th century Europe a no one else
even the French, Italians....etc

1.jpg

but leather straps WERE worn, from small double/triple buckles, to larger ones. They were used as belts pretty much. You can read through Osprey's Armies of the Islamic Conquest and Armies of the Caliphate to see for yourself.

don't worry pal, I've got the books

banner_orig_book_caliphates.jpg

the show normal cavalry and infantry belts and baldrics - i never argued about that
what I meant is that the larger modern looking weight-lifting ones didn't exist

moros4cu0.jpg

armiesofthemuslimconquesp7.jpg

Thats true, these are one of the common armor sets in these times, but not used by native Arab units I think. Native Arab units should be like this
16450401555324_fatimidfaris.jpg

About the Mod, If there will be a unit with a armor set similar to this, it should a Ghulam unit, or a high class Seljuk unit(like Seljuk Amir's Guard) or a Turkoman Noble unit.

No, the Arabs in the army didn't wear the Mamluk Seljuk armour at all.
You have your facts mixed up.

The Arabic portion of the army, the mounted contingent at least, would have some similarity to those in the Turkish counterpart.
In general, most of the lamellar they wore was indeed made of leather.

Saying that they wore the SAME items of clothing and armour, is a huge mistake. They did not. They might have shared certain elements, but you'd know an Arab from a Turk, even down to the footman level. (Fur caps, as opposed to say head coifs for example and other small subtleties)

ficus said:
JankoMega said:
Míriel said:
JankoMega said:
ficus said:
This year's mod will be released. done much  :wink:
Really?Crusader-Way to Expiation will be released this year?  :shock:
AWESOME!!!
They say in autumn
OMG!That's great!Can't wait...will there be a MP with a release in autumn or afterwards? :smile:
late autumn  :smile:

Thanks for the info Ficus, I'm really looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom