B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aeropostale said:
No matter what they say, keep on. I mean, do you play the mod just 'cause the surcoat wasn't historical or do you play it for the quality of it? So far, I think this outmatches 1257 AD. Totally loved the siege formations on youtube the other day. Just keep on rocking !
So far, I think this outmatches 1257 AD
so far this has not been released ,so it can not outmatch anything :lol:

Aeropostale said:
No matter what they say, keep on. I mean, do you play the mod just 'cause the surcoat wasn't historical or do you play it for the quality of it? So far, I think this outmatches 1257 AD. Totally loved the siege formations on youtube the other day. Just keep on rocking !
Then go play some of many nice already released fantasy mods. Why are you still waiting for this historical Crusades based mod if history does not bother you at all?

I cannot say that it would "outmatch" AD1257 as they are very different mods with very different styles and goals. AD1257 represents the whole large complex picture of Christendom with the Pope, Holy Roman Empire, Guelphs and Ghibellines wars, the Reconquista, quarrels between French and English monarchies, conflicts in Scandinavia, eastern Crusades at the Baltics etc etc
At the same time Crusader is limitedly localised in Holy Land with early 13th century setup. How on earth you can even compare such different mods? :???:

You can compare them because they focus on roughly the same historical period. But talking about this outmatching 1257 is just plain stupid. 1257AD is well established and released, and is one of the best mods available, Crusader will be released 'in the Autumn' (which 10 out of 10 times means the Autumn of next year). Even when it is released I don't think it will outmatch 1257.

Aeropostale said:
I am with the variety of 1257 AD, as a player, I really enjoy 1257 AD. But what sucks is that towns have 700+ sometimes if you want to besiege it. :razz:

yeah, exept thsoe towns/castles which are on the border of the enemy of course like Jerusalem and its undera crusade. but yeah a normal town should have around 200. becuse in all seiges trough history the attackers were more than the defenders, and too make a 700 man army ?! would take years

Where exactly are you taking these numbers, guys? As far as I recall from my studies, defenders were rarely less than portrayed in AD1257. The real difference, if any, is that attackers could reach ten thousands. But the ration in 99% of AD1257 sieges is at least 10 to 1 if an assault happens.
You might want to update to the last subversion before making these statements. Currently, the marshal's campaigns can be adjusted so that all vassals join and you get armies of over two thousands, often three or four thousands, soldiers agains a garrison usually smaller than one thousand including unlucky nobles that get caught in the siege.

GodHandApostole said:
Where exactly are you taking these numbers, guys? As far as I recall from my studies, defenders were rarely less than portrayed in AD1257. The real difference, if any, is that attackers could reach ten thousands. But the ration in 99% of AD1257 sieges is at least 10 to 1 if an assault happens.
You might want to update to the last subversion before making these statements. Currently, the marshal's campaigns can be adjusted so that all vassals join and you get armies of over two thousands, often three or four thousands, soldiers agains a garrison usually smaller than one thousand including unlucky nobles that get caught in the siege.
Maybe they did a change to it if you update the svn, but the old version I still remember besieging Damietta with 680 in the garrison.

mantelets.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom