Something you must know about WWIICBF MP (Gameplay introduction)

Users who are viewing this thread

WilliamBerne

Master Knight
This introduction was in the release thread, but apparently even some clan members didn't read this, so I post a single thread for it and hope more players will pay more attention, and play better and safer in the game.

Gameplay introduction

1, some weapons, MGs, and engineering tools are able to be used in two ways(X key function):

Automatic guns: Default firing position is being held against shooter's shoulder, suit for attacking targets in middle and long range. The 2nd firing position is being held against waist, good for close combat.

Coehorns: You can alter the muzzle velocity of the coehorns by adjusting some knob on it, that is how it's done in real life. In game, default firing function's muzzle velocity is about 2 times bigger than 2nd firing function's.

Engineering tools: The tools(hammer, pickaxe, and shovels) can be used both for construction and demolition. The weapon sign at the bottom-right corner of screen is indicating which function you are using: icon with crossed items is meant for construction, icon with single item is for demolition.

Engineering items: if it is a multi-function item, the default function always means the shorter one. For example, default ladder for short ladder(5m, longer ladder is 8m), default wire nets for 2m(longer nets is 3m).

2, click C to crouch(dismounted) or hide behind your horse's neck(mounted), you can attack or defend when you are dismounted, but you can't move. You have to click C again to move.

3, click V towards a horse to call it come to you. Your riding skill must be higher than that horse’s difficulty. Some people told me they never succeed on this, I answer is, that's because they were not playing horseman class, thus their riding skill is very low.

4, how to set up ladder: look at the place where you want to put the ladder, hold left Alt key. If you see green smoke comes out from that place, it means the length of the ladder is perfect for the distance between you and that place; if red smoke comes out, it means the distance is too short, but the ladder can surely reach it, you can still put the ladder. If you don't see anything, then the place you are looking is far beyond the ladder’s reach. Once you chose a good place, release left Alt, a message will pop out, press 1 to confirm the ladder position, or press 2 to cancel the ladder.

5, how to build defence: choose an engineer/sapper/pioneer, buy some defence item, equip it, stand at where you want to place that defence, throw the item. Then equip your engineering tool(the mines detector doesn’t count, although it is using a shovel model :razz: ), make sure your engineering tool is on the construction mode, then hit the construction sign with it! If you want to cancel the construction sign or destroy any defence, simply switch your engineering tool to demolition mode and hit the target!
BTW, hitting a defence with engineering tools on its construction mode is repairing it.

6, attention! This is about how to increase your shooting accuracy:

a), the same rifle’s accuracy slightly decreases if it attached a bayonet.

Unlike the bolt action rifles and the shotguns(the Chinese muskets), The automatic weapons fire by burst fire every time you trigger them, their accuracy is not only decided by the data you read from the item description, but also by the way you shoot them:

b), fire an automatic weapon when you are crouching will increase your long range accuracy.

c), standing or crouching against a wall will increase the accuracy both in long range and short range. If you are using a MG, an green square indicator will also show up at the bottom-right corner of the screen, beside the native red/gray dot. Cause a MG shooter restores more accuracy than a SMG shooter in that situation.

7, the boats.
First go to the end of the boat, crouch, then click F when you are facing the motor and seeing the words "operate the boat", then use WSAD to control.
If you want to stop controlling it, click F again or simply run away from the motor.

When I press WASD to operate the boat, the boat does go, but I end up running off the sides.

Artizan said:
crouching on horse is bugged, only after 3-4 times you can get back to normal position on horse.
mhm it takes a long time to get back to normal mode
its not a  bug.

Eumolpus said:
When I press WASD to operate the boat, the boat does go, but I end up running off the sides.
you need to be in croach mode.

To add to the accuracy of a weapon (Gun)

The bullet does not drop ( atleast not much)
The 'bullet' you see is just telling you what direction it is going in (if you have like 80 accuracy this is needed as the bullet could go anywhere).
The actually bullet is 'straight ahead' (if perfect accuracy) and carries on going.
If you are unsure about this fire a few test shots aiming at a person and whereve you see dust 'poofing' up is where it hit and adjust from their.

I think this is correct as it works for me and William told me himself in an earleir version when I was a different character. (British_Commando)

Back
Top Bottom