MP Modern Toy Soldiers (World War 1 Mod)

Change the name?

• No (I like toy soldiers :D)

Votes: 152 50.0%
  • Yes (Guns of August)

Votes: 152 50.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

LtSpearing

Sergeant Knight
Hullo Gents!

The Story behind the Mod
Today me and my group were playing MM and we did some public drilling (We had like 20 guys on).
In the one map there are a series of fences that we had to climb over to reach the enemy fort (It was literally a fort). While we were behind a fence, I ordered my men to hold fire and crouch. No shots were fired by either side, and it was eerily quiet for like 20 seconds before the dive into combat. I shouted into my mic "OVER THE TOP GENTS! CHAAARGE!" and the defending team shot at us just like a MG emplacement back in WW1. It was just like a charge over the top. Then me and a couple other guys got an idea for a mod about world war I. :grin: And so our story begins.

f9oH0.jpg

The Developer Team:

Head: Spearing | Mapping + Modeling |
Mappers: Corax
Coders: QWW, Broms
Modeling: Ej777, Joseph590, MrTaco, SergeantOG
General Help: Baird
References: Spearing + Wikipedia + Google + Bonesaw

Now then:

This mod will be MULTIPLAYER.

Patch 1
Factions: England & Germany
3 playable classes,
Infantry
Infantry will have 2 sub-categories: Rifleman, which will be equipped with a Rifle+Bayonet, 1-2 grenades.
Machinegunner (Sub cat. of Infantry) Machine gun, 2 Ammo boxes, a hand held bayonet (Knuckle Buster, etc)

Officer Class:

To be used by captains of the trench
Equipment:
Pistol+Ammo
Whistle (To call out charges)
Sword

Artilleryman
Artillery will be implemented within the first patch, due to it's importance in WW1.

Artillery will be fairly simple, but will still require skill. It wont be as complicated as the mm loading system where you need to ram the shot down, but you will need a source of ammo, pick it up, open the arty breach, load, close, aim, fire. Repeat.

-Shell types
Explosive (Standard)

Also included: Standard equipment + weapons and maps. The equipment will NOT be able to be picked. All uniforms will be standardized to avoid shirtless Indians running around with 8 grenades :grin:

icR8c.jpg

Conquest~!

I think conquest would be an amazing feature to this mod because-

A: It would NOT promote camping, but team play. In order to capture the flag you have to cross no-mans-land which means safety in numbers.

B: It would be more realistic. Having each side send waves of soldeirs at each other and have everyone in constant combat would be a lot more fun than having everyone wait 4-7 minutes for a stupid camper or someone who was afk be found or have him leave.

Battle will be implemented, but Conquest will be the main game type.

Invasion

I'm getting this idea from the fellas that developed Full Invasion. Having a team of soldiers defend a trench with mines, Barbed wire, Artillery and rifles against 100's of troops coming in waves would be amazingly fun.

NOW THEN:
Details on an OSP for WW1 Modders to use
It is actually already pre-started for us. Someone tried to make one, but it iced over. He made the entire body of work he accomplished a free OSP

LINKS:

OSP dl

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,159037.0.html

Actual Mod Link:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,114253.0.html

Names are still being taken! If you have an idea, please post!

To those who wish to help make this mod a reality:

why-aren-t-you-in-khaki.jpg

Good sir! Do you have experience Modeling, Texturing, Coding, Scene Editing, and so forth? Do you seek to be a part of this endeavour to bring the 1st World War to M&B? Click the Spoiler below and copy & Paste this template into a post and fill out the info it asks to sign up for the Dev team!

Please state what you can do (Coding, Mapping, Etc)

Experience?

Are you willing to work for weeks, if not months to produce this mod?

Do you think it will be a success?

Remember:
521px-yourcountryneedsyou.jpg

We can use all the manpower we can get in creating this mod! Do your part and help this become a reality for the M&B Community!

Thanks for taking a look at this thread guys, i just want a general statement right now. I dont know if i really WILL go ahead with it, but if I can get a dev team going, I sure as hell will.
Anyway, ill add more info tomorrow.

Poll Info:

What are you looking towards the most?

Trench Vs Trench battles! 58 (50.4%)
Massive, realistic artillery barrages and then a scary bayonet charge :X 36 (31.3%)
Tanks, Gas, and other technologies! 16 (13.9%)
JAPAN WEWT (No) 5(4.3%

What should this mod focus on?

Melee10 (11.2%)

Ranged (Guns+Artillery) 29 (32.6%)

Holding strategical positions 36  (40.4%)

How many guys you have on your team2 (2.2%)

What type of weapons (MG's+Artillery) you have to defend/attack with. 12 (13.5%)​

FEATURE VIDEOS/SCREENSHOTS!

(From the OSP + what we will be making)

Grenades(Osp)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un6IoSw04AY

Uniforms, Courtesy of SergeantOG:
uni2.jpg
uni2.jpg
uni1c.jpg
helm2r.jpg

Machine gun, Courtesy of SergeantOG:
mg08.jpg

German 'Nades, Courtesy of Copyright:
stick2.jpg

stick1.jpg

British Uniform, Courtesy of SergeantOG:
britishuni.jpg

Artillery, courtesy of SergeantOG:
artbq.jpg

A British Cap, Courtesy of SergeantOG:
britishhat.jpg

A Brit Helmet, Courtesy of Joseph590
2011-03-06_1600.png

A Trench Club, Courtesy of J12:
trenchclubs.jpg

A Textured Trench System, Courtesy of Joseph590:
2011-03-06_2009.png

An "Egg Grenade", Courtesy of Copyright:
tutu.jpg

German Soldier Animation, Courtesy of SergeantOG:
mb2.jpg

A British Soldier Animation, Courtesy of SergeantOG:
mb3.jpg

A British Helmet, Courtesy of J12:
brodiehelmettextured.jpg

A 1917 Revolver | Textured |, Courtesy of Copyright:
gun123.jpg

A German Luger, Courtesy of Nodscouter:
parabellump08luger.jpg

A Lewis Machine Gun, Courtesy of J12:
lewisgun1.png

A French Uniform, Courtesy of Joseph590:
2011-03-12_0818.png

A Mark IV Tank, Courtesy of Poutine:
mkiv.png

A British Lee Enfield ( Osp )
YovOAnKzB.jpg

1917 Mauser Rifle (German) -Osp-
2011-03-16_0723.png

Textured Artillery, Courtesy of Rigadoon (Made by sergeantOG):
artready.jpg

I wish luck to you. But why not help out existing world war one mods instead of starting from scratch?

copywright said:
I wish luck to you. But why not help out existing world war one mods instead of starting from scratch?

All dead. But good luck! Be sure to check out that OSP for WW1!

*EDIT*

Ach, ninjad.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
copywright said:

*EDIT*

Ach, ninjad.

Tehee ;D

Thanks for all the good lucks guys, but I dont know if it will even start yet. I gotta get a dev team together first.

LtSpearing said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
copywright said:

*EDIT*

Ach, ninjad.

Tehee ;D

Thanks for all the good lucks guys, but I dont know if it will even start yet. I gotta get a dev team together first.

Oh...I think I have someone for you to talk to.

I could help, but since I'm so swamped with map-making and modelling for other mods, I might just do banners.

I think Green Air would be a great name.

Oh...I think I have someone for you to talk to.

Orlly?
Demonwolf said:
I could help, but since I'm so swamped with map-making and modelling for other mods, I might just do banners.

I think Green Air would be a great name.

Alright sounds good. I'm actually really considering Toy Soldiers, as it sounds like it suits the situation more than the others, and it has a unique ring to it. Anyway, I wont post anything saying this mod is official yet until I get a dev team together, So shall I add your name to the Dev team roster?

Hey mate, you can use this map of Europe to speed things up: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131564.0.html

Also, I wanted to ask whether Kingdom of Serbia might be added eventually? Just asking, since we had some brilliant 1:5 odd victories against Austria-Hungary, and we had a role in this war...just my 2 cents. :smile:

The June 28, 1914 assassination of Austrian Crown Prince Franz Ferdinand in the Bosnian capital Sarajevo, by Gavrilo Princip, a member of Young Bosnia and one of seven assassins, served as a pretext for the Austrian declaration of war on Serbia, marking the beginning of World War I, despite Serbia's acceptance (on July 25) of nearly all of Austria-Hungary's demands . The Serbian Army defended the country and won several victories, but it was finally overpowered by the forces of Germany, Austria-Hungary and Bulgaria, and had to withdraw from the national territory marching across the Albanian mountain ranges to the Adriatic Sea. On 16 August Serbia was promised by the Entente the territories of Srem, Bačka, Baranja, eastern Slavonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and eastern Dalmatia as a reward after the war. Having recuperated on Corfu the Serbian Army returned to combat on the Thessaloniki front together with other Entente forces consisting of France, the United Kingdom, Russia, Italy and the United States. In World War I, Serbia had 1,264,000 casualties—28% of its population of 4,5 million , which also represented 58% of its male population—a loss from which it never fully recovered.

Negro of Serbia said:
Hey mate, you can use this map of Europe to speed things up: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131564.0.html

Also, I wanted to ask whether Kingdom of Serbia might be added eventually? Just asking, since we had some brilliant 1:5 odd victories against Austria-Hungary, and we had a role in this war...just my 2 cents. :smile:

The June 28, 1914 assassination of Austrian Crown Prince Franz Ferdinand in the Bosnian capital Sarajevo, by Gavrilo Princip, a member of Young Bosnia and one of seven assassins, served as a pretext for the Austrian declaration of war on Serbia, marking the beginning of World War I, despite Serbia's acceptance (on July 25) of nearly all of Austria-Hungary's demands . The Serbian Army defended the country and won several victories, but it was finally overpowered by the forces of Germany, Austria-Hungary and Bulgaria, and had to withdraw from the national territory marching across the Albanian mountain ranges to the Adriatic Sea. On 16 August Serbia was promised by the Entente the territories of Srem, Bačka, Baranja, eastern Slavonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and eastern Dalmatia as a reward after the war. Having recuperated on Corfu the Serbian Army returned to combat on the Thessaloniki front together with other Entente forces consisting of France, the United Kingdom, Russia, Italy and the United States. In World War I, Serbia had 1,264,000 casualties—28% of its population of 4,5 million , which also represented 58% of its male population—a loss from which it never fully recovered.

That map looks like a good help! Thanks mate!

And I'm currently re-working the topic I posted. It will be a Lot more organized in a minute or two.

I used my 1 math/2 science periods today to make a general timeline of what I want to happen (Yay the science class I have is actually useful now :grin:)

i think these are good names:
Fallen smog
Fallen Soldiers
Forgotten soldiers
King&Country
In his name
War of Honor
War of Men

And I'm currently re-working the topic I posted. It will be a Lot more organized in a minute or two.

No problem mate. :smile:

Since you haven't replied to question concerning Serbia, I presume you won't implement it (I hope it's at least for now, and could be changed eventually. :grin: )...oh well...anyway, good luck with the mod, I'll be sure to try it when it's out. :smile:

hackera88 said:
if you add Bulgarian faction i will help with the mod
Lackay said:
where is USA!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see into the future, bashing on Americans from what i just said lol
Negro of Serbia said:

No problem mate. :smile:

Since you haven't replied to question concerning Serbia, I presume you won't implement it (I hope it's at least for now, and could be changed eventually. :grin: )...oh well...anyway, good luck with the mod, I'll be sure to try it when it's out. :smile:

Well, I'm still thinking on what to add to the faction list. If said faction had a really big influence on WW1, then I'll ad them, but I want to add them in pairs so it stays balanced.

I want 1 team for the allies and 1 team for the axis per patch, so dont suggest all allies (Or Entente) factions please.

Still looking for helpers!!!
YOU SIR! ARE YOU A CODER/MODELLER/MODDER FOR M&B WARBAND? READ THE BELOW!!!

GOOD SIRS! I'm holding a conference for ALL people who are interested in the mod TODAY at 4:00 EST (In about an hour and a half) in my teamspeak channel

TS INFO:

ts.22nd.eu

Channel: 41st Officer Meetings

There will be NO password on the channel. All questions will be answered there.

Back
Top Bottom