Knowledge database (troop statistics, item recipes, guides, maps, Q&A)

Users who are viewing this thread

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
So iron pieces are just raw mined iron correct?

Nope, Iron Ore is the raw mined Iron. That is refined into Iron bars. As you can probably not see by the chart below:

Iron Ore
\
Iron Piece - Small Iron Bar - Iron Bar - Large Iron Bar​

That is the process of refining. Everything to the right needs two of the object to make it. Ex:
Two Small Iron Bars makes One Iron Bar.
While going to the left doubles the item. Ex:
One Iron Bar makes Two Small Iron Bars.

You keep hitting it till you hear it break. (It'll have really low hp) Then use the "P" key (by default) and withdraw the money from the chest.

Found this video on youtube.

It's quite good at showing the basic "get started" things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fttfThhmcxE

don't really like it... First of all it lie at the beginning "Persistent World 4 is rp mod" - no it isn't. second - it shows "how to greief boat by sailing into deep water and committing suicide". Text at the end could be easily typed in some thread-guide. Only really useful thing is showing how to cut wood...

The Cartographer has arrived.
mb1vr.jpg

Are there any guide for outlaws?There are few things I dont understand.How does outlaw rating works?Does it give any advantages if I am already an outlaw?And what skill ''looting'' does exactly?

Outlaw rating increase by 5 when you teamkill someone, and after it reach 15 your faction is changed to outlaws. After it drop back to 0, you can train at peasant training station to become commoner. Outlaw rating increase also if you kill somebody as bandit (by 2, but I'm not sure), and decrease over time (1/minute, but I might be wrong).

Being outlaw faction doesn't give you any advantage (except possibility to have high looting skill) - it's punishment, not reward. Eventually training as outlaw while you have 0 outlaw rating allow you to kill commoners with slower increase of outlaw rating, and thus it's easier to come back to honest live.

Looting skill increase your chance to pick locks (of both doors and chests). AFAIK chances are [looting skill*10%]

For chests the formula you posted is correct, but for doors it's currently looting * 1%, since they need to have a much shorter use time for when unlocked - this value might need to be changed; tell me what you think about it in the main or suggestion threads.

I've found that most questions people ask are answered in the game information window that comes up when you start the game (also selectable from the escape menu); I generally update parts of it as I add or change the features.

Update. PM or post if I missed anything.
And I'm still waiting for VoS port thread (unless you want to use my thread for suggestions ect.) and map guide.

EDIT
+map guides for "Four Ways" and "Port Royale"

I promised someone a while back to make a post showing how to apply the "Polished Landscapes" to PW 4, but after more detailed testing I don't recommend it: the tree and grass meshes are totally unusable (as they are not native compatible at all), and the terrain textures (basically the only thing left) don't fit in very well with the native grass and tree meshes, as well as some being quite different to their native counterpart, making parts of scenes look a bit strange.
pl1l.jpg
pl2c.jpg
pl3q.jpg
PL won't be added to the main PW download for multiple reasons: firstly, gutekfiutek has not connected to these forums for over 6 months, and he specified that nobody can use the resources in another mod without his permission; secondly, the tree and grass meshes are useless for PW, having multiple trees in one mesh, only a few variants over and over which might ruin existing scenes, mixing up rocks, trees, and bushes, texture sheets that don't match up to native meaning that other meshes using them are ruined, and more; thirdly, it would at least triple the download size for something that only questionably enhances the graphics (because the new textures don't fit in well) - as said before, I have a capped internet connection, so I want to keep the downloads as small as possible.

If anyone still wants to apply the things that are compatible, just extract PL_Warband.rar then copy these files from the "Polished_Landscapes/Textures/" directory to "PW_4/Textures/":
desert_bump.dds
desert.dds
dry_grass_bump.dds
dry_grass.dds
grape.dds
ground1_bump.dds
ground1.dds
ground_earth_bump.dds
ground_earth.dds
ground_forest_bump.dds
ground_forest.dds
ground_path_bump.dds
ground_path.dds
objects.dds
pebbles.dds
rock_b.dds
rock_b_normalmap.dds
rock_c.dds
rock_c_normalmap.dds
skybox_cloud_1.dds
skybox_night_1.dds
skybox_sunset_1.dds
snow_bump.dds
snow.dds
terrain_grassy.dds
terrain_snowy.dds
terrain_steppe.dds
waterbump_0.dds
waterbump_10.dds
waterbump_11.dds
waterbump_12.dds
waterbump_13.dds
waterbump_14.dds
waterbump_15.dds
waterbump_16.dds
waterbump_17.dds
waterbump_18.dds
waterbump_19.dds
waterbump_1.dds
waterbump_2.dds
waterbump_3.dds
waterbump_4.dds
waterbump_5.dds
waterbump_6.dds
waterbump_7.dds
waterbump_8.dds
waterbump_9.dds

Quite true, but other graphical (texture swap) mods could works better, because they're less invasive.

Updated first post with two finished and one WIP map.

An what do ye think about making PW wiki? Maybe it's not badly needed right now, but with new resources in the future it could help newbies.

You could make a wiki if you want, but I wouldn't want to bother about writing things in it until the planned features are more finished, and I'm documenting and releasing the module system. If you think something is not explained in the edit scene mode help properly, just tell me - but bear in mind that I don't want to target the people who need everything spelt out in ridiculous detail (with pictures) because I think making decent scenes for PW requires more effort and willingness to figure things out than that... though other people are free to help whoever they want.

It was question addressed mostly to experienced community rather than you Vornne, but English language lacks difference between singular and plural form for 2nd person - I know you have better things to do than writing temporary info for newcomers.

So, my dear veterans? anyone have experience with creating wikis, because I have none. I could write some articles, because I have time (no more exams soon) and no access to computer capable of editing scenes.

Back
Top Bottom