Knowledge database (troop statistics, item recipes, guides, maps, Q&A)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

Here is my map rdy to play, but im improving when found some bugs or have time to do.
Description:
Valley with great castle at middle and some ruins/abbey/village around.
Good enviroment for roleplay, and strong and strategic fortress, needed a work of a engineer class  for upgrade fortress.
Objective:
The center castle is the top castle, all the comforts and advantages from be the lord of the realm "in fact". The final goal for any faction.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,274702.0.html

Salut!

When Im a eng never grain any real money when making weapon i buy a sliver bar to make a weapon i just get the same amount of money back when making it

nicknick12 said:
When Im a eng never grain any real money when making weapon i buy a sliver bar to make a weapon i just get the same amount of money back when making it

Not a bug nor the mod's fault. It's a problem with the particular scene you were playing, either there were no crafting reward to complement your profit or the scene was just poorly made.

Updating and need a few inputs.

Vornne said:
Fix a bug in the crafting reward calculation script.

Does this have any impact on the xml for the recepies Vornne ?

Vornne said:
Reduce resource requirements for wine making.

Haven't played much lately. Anyone knows if this change affects the chart below in the spoiler?
Wood

Wood.png

Metals

Metals_1.png

Metals_2.png

Food

Food_1.png

Food_2.png

Cloth

Cloth.png

Leather

Leather.png

Herb

Herb.png

Legend

Legend.png

Vornne said:
Reduce engineering skill to craft a hunting crossbow from 3 to 2.
Again. New xml or just a small edit from me Vornne ?

Corrected no. 2.
3 Grapes needed for 1 Must Barrel.
2 Must Barrels needed for 1 Wine Barrel.

[CTRL + F5 for refresh images in the Production Tree].

Loppen said:
Vornne said:
Reduce resource requirements for wine making.

Haven't played much lately. Anyone knows if this change affects the chart below in the spoiler?
Wood

Wood.png

Metals

Metals_1.png

Metals_2.png

Food

Food_1.png

Food_2.png

Cloth

Cloth.png

Leather

Leather.png

Herb

Herb.png

Legend

Legend.png

Loppen said:
Does this have any impact on the xml for the recepies Vornne ?
Not that particular commit, but other tweaks will affect crafting rewards for all items: [1] [2], and here is the corresponding adjustment to the dump script: [3]. As you might have noticed, the script to generate those xml files is included in the module system: you could download it, check out whatever commit you want, then run the dump_crafting_recipes.py script from a command line (if you have Python installed then set up according to the PW module system guide or called with the full path to python.exe). If interested, I could explain that in more detail; otherwise, I could generate and upload an xml for the latest version. I just realised there is a mistake with the previous "fix" for the dump script, so I have correct and tested it, pushed to the repository here (tag 4.3.0_fix_crafting_dump).
Loppen said:
Loppen said:
3 Grapes needed for 1 Must Barrel.
2 Must Barrels needed for 1 Wine Barrel.
This is the relevant commit: as you can see, requiring 3 grape bunches is correct, but the number of must barrels required depends on the labouring skill: less than level 5 it is 3, otherwise 2; requirements are changed from 4 and 3. Also affecting the chart is this commit, changing the number of salt pinches per sack from 4 to 16, and adding a stockpile prop for them.
Loppen said:
Again. New xml or just a small edit from me Vornne ?
That is the only crafting recipe changed since 4.0.0. With a public module system, anybody could easily find that out if they knew how - I can explain how to use git or github for that if someone is interested.

Alright thanks Vornne. Got it working. Exported an XML using the commit you described (regarding the mistake).

Also changed the production tree regarding the salt too. [Images are cached, F5 or CTRL F5 to force refresh]

I don't know python or the code that makes up PW, but I'll try and look into the files when you make other alterations/updates.

Thanks again.

Loppen said:
I don't know python or the code that makes up PW, but I'll try and look into the files when you make other alterations/updates.
I wasn't suggesting you "don't bother me" or anything, in case I gave that impression: you are providing a very helpful service to PW players, so if you would like clarification on anything, just ask. Explaining about the module system was so you can check things yourself immediately, rather than wait a day or two for me to have time to answer.

It looks somewhat straight forward and a bit like javascript/actionscript/java. I might learn something  :mrgreen:
And yes, it will give me an opportunity to find answers faster.

I shall ask if I need clarification :grin:

How do I craft a sacred book?
I know I need small linnen cloth and leather piece, but when I holf f at the sacred book, and the bar is filled, no book appears?

Get close to it. Look at it. Press F.

Possible error:
It fails if you already have 4 items on and you are not holding anything at the moment when trying to pick it up.

Hello friends, I want to know something. I downloaded to Borderlands's map, as .sco file. But  I don't know where will I put to this .sco file and how can I open  to this map in edit a scane ? someone help me ?

You'll need the .sco file and the scene code.

Scene code looks like this:
scn_scene_14 scene_14 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000003b0000500000fffff00007adf0000632900004b02
sea_outer_terrain_2

You get the scene code from the thread where you got the .sco file. The above code should be the Borderlands code though anyway.

Now what to do with the .sco file? In the PW folder (Mount & Blade - Modules - PW_4.4) you'll find a folder named SceneObj - Put it there. Now edit its name to be scn_scene_x, where x stands for 1-14 (preferably take something not existing there already).

Back to the scene code!
Now you go back to your PW folder and open scenes.txt. You'll find a lot of scene codes, numbered from 1 to 14. Put the scene code from Borderlands into the position of x (the number you used for your .sco file) and edit the first 2 strings to match this position and your .sco file.
Example: As seen in the code above, there is scn_scene_14 and scene_14 at the beginning. So if you renamed your .sco file to scn_scene_6, you'll need to rename these two string to scn_scene_6 and scene_6 and paste the code to the sixth position in scenes.txt.

Once you've finished these steps, you start up your Warband (or restart it) and go to play --> Edit a scene. The Dropdown menu will let you choose between 14 different scenes, these represent the 14 numbers. Choose the number you've used for your .sco file and click Edit Scene.

Hint: You can also rename the positions in the dropdown menu if you want to remember what you've saved there. You can do this in the PW main folder. Open Strings.txt, then search for "str_scene_name_". You'll find 14 lines defining names for the 14 different map slots. Simply rename the last part behind the Colon. Space characters are represented with a "_".

For more information about scene creation and editing you should look at this thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,167060.0.html
You should also ask such questions there.

Back
Top Bottom