Vista and Brytenwalda installing ;the main issue for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr Cimmerian

Recruit
many is the time i have made the attempt to download this Mod, I made attempts to follow the instructions in a previous post but i believe that was using XP, and i use Vista (i know, i know...). Is there something different i should be doing in order for me to get this mod up and running on my machine because a guy can only play Native so often  :neutral: so help would be much appreciated  :smile:

Idibil said:
But, have you some problem with instalation?

Look here plz:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136401.0.html

thx for the reply but I've used that and i believe your present guide is for XP users as is has not worked for me on vista, so im wondering if a different method applies

Well, I install it to the file path specified in your instructions, run Warband and when it comes to selecting modules, Brytenwalda isn't there at all  :sad:

Mr Cimmerian said:
Well, I install it to the file path specified in your instructions.
It's important to point out the path shown in the instruction here:
is an example. You are supposed to press browse and locate the Warband/modules folder on your PC.
And if you have steam you browse to the Steam folder and find Warband somewhere under steamapps...

I suffer from the vista as well. Here's how to download:

Download the mod, save to desktop.
Use 7-zip or winrar (I use 7zip) and "Open archive"
Copy everything inside
Paste in an empty folder in your m&b warband module directory.

A more personal tutorial will be provided if you still have trouble.

EDIT: Oops, already answered.
>_>
<_<

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
I suffer from the vista as well. Here's how to download:

Download the mod, save to desktop.
Use 7-zip or winrar (I use 7zip) and "Open archive"
Copy everything inside
Paste in an empty folder in your m&b warband module directory.

A more personal tutorial will be provided if you still have trouble.

EDIT: Oops, already answered.
>_>
<_<

nevermind, i think my problem was that it was on steam as opposed to any issue with XP or vista or Windows 7 or some such malarky :lol:

Hello,
I´ve problem with Brytenwalda 1.34 too.
PC: Vista, Dx11, ATI 4850

Brytenwalda 1.332 with PL ran, with some crashes during playing (opening troop tree, usw), but arena, battles was ok.

On same PC, same configuration, I installed Brytenwalda 1.34 according "http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136401.0.html".

Tutorial and creating new person is functional, but first play after creation new person (saving trader) always crashed.
Next i tried load saves from 1.332 - global map run (some red error mesages on screen), program crash if i choose "walk througt streets" or "Arena" -> person view, program use shaders. But tutorial run OK.

I can send "postFX.fx, rgl_log.txt, 48700_install.vdf".

Hi,
Ive already red it.

PC: Vista 32b, AMD X2, 4GB RAM, ATI 4850 1GB videoRAM

set: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990, virt. RAM 8GB;
in game: English, render_buffer_size to 256, scan_module_texture = 1

I tried also:
Enable Cheats = Off
Load Textures on demand = ON
Texture detail = 60%
Antialissing = Off
Shadow Quality = Low

So, very often (50%) program crash when I choose "walk through streets". Its runtime crash.
V 1.332 was unequally more stable.

I also had problems with the mod when trying to install on Vista.
How I've solved it: I created a folder named Brytenwalda in the Mods folder of Warband.
Then it works if you specify the destination folder where brytenwalda should install. It will tell you that Brytenwalda folder already exists and if you want to install it there and you should say yes.

I do all of the steps and it seems to go well until i go to the modules folder and the only folder there is Native.

Back
Top Bottom