Voting Poll:Rhodoks - Troop Improvements

The Kingdom of Rhodoks Needs Improvements for what Troop Type?

• Melee Infantry

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • Ranged Infantry

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Melee Calvary

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Ranged Calvary

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Mixed Infantry

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Mixed Calvary

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • None

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

What troops do you all think need improvements for the Kingdom of Rhodoks?

• Rhodok Peasant (Level 3 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 55 2H: 55 POLE: 55)
    • Rhodok Tribesman (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 55 2H: 55 POLE: 55)
      • Rhodok Spearman (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 80 2H: 80 POLE: 80)
        • Rhodok Trained Spearman (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 105 2H: 105 POLE: 115)
          • Rhodok Veteran Spearman (Level 19 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 115 2H: 115 POLE: 130)
            • Rhodok Sergeant (Level 25 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 130 2H: 115 POLE: 155)
      • Rhodok Crossbowman (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 85 XBOW: 85 THR: 85)
        • Rhodok Trained Crossbowman (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 90 XBOW: 105 THR: 90)
          • Rhodok Veteran Crossbowman (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 100 XBOW: 120 THR: 100)
            • Rhodok Sharpshooter (Level 25 STR: 14 AGI: 5 BOW: 100 XBOW: 140 THR: 100)

Rhodoks need light cavalry. Maybe some fast lancers to distract the enemy?

The Rhodok Veteran Spearman should have two upgrades:
1. Rhodok Sergeant with pavise + a one handed mace, hammer or pick
2. Rhodok Halberdier to stop cavalry

I agree with cav, but only extremely heavy, line breaking cavarly. Give the Mameluke or Cataphract horse to them, plus some epic armor, but make them slow. Morningstars too.

@Temuzu: uhh... excuse my impolite choice of words, but are you out of your mind ?! Super-duper chargers to the Rhodoks ? Hell no.

I'm okay with giving them 1-2 tiers of light-medium cavalry, designed to hunt down enemy knights with lances/spears (plus swords/maces as sidearms).

I don't agree with Bismarck on the seperation of 2-handed / 1-handed top tier infantry though. Rhodoks in general need better armors, so give their melee troops better armor values AND give lower tier troops a couple of two-handed polearms (not many, just 1-2 types); they will still be able to from big shield walls, but at the same time they will have a couple of heavy-hitters.

Maybe give the lower tier spearman some better armor, other then that I don't see them needing much more.

As for cavalry, I don't really think they fit in with the Rhodok playing style, but if they are added, I think light cavalry would be the best choice

I don't think you should touch the native faction to much, just to keep the vanilla flavour...
But for the Rodhok (and the nords to) some light cavalry could be a nice addition.

This is a topic for the Rhodoks, but you accidently wrote "Swadia" in the poll's question line instead of "Rhodok"... It is only now I noticed this myself.

Bismarck said:
The Rhodok Veteran Spearman should have two upgrades:
1. Rhodok Sergeant with pavise + a one handed mace, hammer or pick
2. Rhodok Halberdier to stop cavalry

+1  :grin:

MorrisB said:
Computica said:
Rhodok gets a level 19 scout now! The Serpent host will do the rest.

I welcome this improvement.  :grin:

Question is, what equipment will it have ?
I'll let the code do the talking:
Code:
####################################################################################
# RHODOK KINGDOM
####################################################################################
  ["rhodok_tribesman","Rhodok Tribesman","Rhodok Tribesmen",tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor,0,0,fac_kingdom_5,
   [itm_pitch_fork,itm_tab_shield_pavise_a,
    itm_shirt,itm_coarse_tunic,itm_wrapping_boots,itm_nomad_boots,itm_head_wrappings,itm_straw_hat],
   def_attrib|level(4),weak_melee(4),knows_common|knows_power_draw_2|knows_ironflesh_1,rhodok_face_younger_1, rhodok_face_old_2],

["rhodok_spearman","Rhodok Spearman","Rhodok Spearmen",tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor,0,0,fac_kingdom_5,
   [itm_spear,itm_spear,itm_tab_shield_pavise_a,itm_falchion,
    itm_felt_hat_b,itm_common_hood,itm_leather_armor,itm_arena_tunic_green,itm_wrapping_boots,itm_nomad_boots],
   def_attrib|level(9),regular_melee(9),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_2|knows_shield_1|knows_power_strike_2|knows_athletics_1,rhodok_face_young_1, rhodok_face_old_2],

["rhodok_trained_spearman","Rhodok Trained Spearman","Rhodok Trained Spearmen",tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_shield,0,0,fac_kingdom_5,
   [itm_pike,itm_military_fork,itm_war_spear,itm_tab_shield_pavise_b,
    itm_footman_helmet,itm_padded_coif,itm_aketon_green,itm_aketon_green,itm_ragged_outfit,itm_nomad_boots,itm_leather_boots],
   def_attrib|level(14),regular_melee(14),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_3|knows_shield_2|knows_power_strike_2|knows_athletics_2,rhodok_face_young_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

["rhodok_veteran_spearman","Rhodok Veteran Spearman","Rhodok Veteran Spearmen",tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_helmet|tf_guarantee_shield,0,0,fac_kingdom_5,
   [itm_ashwood_pike,itm_battle_fork,itm_military_scythe,itm_tab_shield_pavise_c,
    itm_kettle_hat,itm_mail_coif,itm_mail_with_tunic_green,itm_leather_boots,itm_splinted_leather_greaves,itm_leather_gloves],
   def_attrib|level(19),expert_melee(19),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_5|knows_shield_3|knows_power_strike_4|knows_athletics_3,rhodok_face_young_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

["rhodok_sergeant","Rhodok Sergeant","Rhodok Sergeants",tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_helmet|tf_guarantee_shield|tf_guarantee_gloves,0,0,fac_kingdom_5,
   [itm_glaive,itm_military_hammer,itm_bec_de_corbin_a,itm_bec_de_corbin_a,itm_military_cleaver_c,itm_tab_shield_pavise_d,
    itm_full_helm, itm_bascinet_3,itm_bascinet_2,itm_surcoat_over_mail,itm_surcoat_over_mail,itm_heraldic_mail_with_surcoat,itm_mail_chausses,itm_leather_gloves,itm_mail_mittens],
   def_attrib|level(25),expert_melee(25),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_6|knows_shield_5|knows_power_strike_5|knows_athletics_5,rhodok_face_middle_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

["rhodok_crossbowman","Rhodok Crossbowman","Rhodok Crossbowmen",tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_helmet|tf_guarantee_ranged,0,0,fac_kingdom_5,
   [itm_sword_medieval_a,itm_falchion,itm_club_with_spike_head,itm_tab_shield_pavise_a,itm_crossbow,itm_bolts,
    itm_arena_tunic_green,itm_felt_hat_b,itm_common_hood,itm_nomad_boots,itm_wrapping_boots],
   def_attrib|level(10),weak_crossbow(10),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_2|knows_shield_1|knows_power_strike_1|knows_athletics_2,rhodok_face_young_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

["rhodok_trained_crossbowman","Rhodok Trained Crossbowman","Rhodok Trained Crossbowmen",tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_helmet|tf_guarantee_ranged|tf_guarantee_shield,0,0,fac_kingdom_5,
   [itm_sword_medieval_a,itm_sword_medieval_b_small,itm_club_with_spike_head,itm_tab_shield_pavise_a,itm_crossbow,itm_bolts,
    itm_common_hood,itm_leather_armor,itm_arena_tunic_green,itm_nomad_boots],
   def_attrib|level(15),regular_crossbow(15),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_1|knows_shield_2|knows_power_strike_2|knows_athletics_3,rhodok_face_young_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

["rhodok_veteran_crossbowman","Rhodok Veteran Crossbowman","Rhodok Veteran Crossbowmen",tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_helmet|tf_guarantee_ranged|tf_guarantee_shield,0,0,fac_kingdom_5,
   [itm_sword_medieval_a,itm_sword_medieval_b_small,itm_fighting_pick,itm_club_with_spike_head,itm_tab_shield_pavise_b,itm_tab_shield_pavise_c,itm_heavy_crossbow,itm_bolts,
    itm_leather_cap,itm_felt_hat_b,itm_aketon_green,itm_leather_boots],
   def_attrib|level(20),expert_crossbow(20),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_2|knows_shield_3|knows_power_strike_3|knows_athletics_4,rhodok_face_middle_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

["rhodok_sharpshooter","Rhodok Sharpshooter","Rhodok Sharpshooters",tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_helmet|tf_guarantee_ranged|tf_guarantee_shield,0,0,fac_kingdom_5,
   [itm_sword_medieval_b,itm_military_pick,itm_military_hammer,itm_tab_shield_pavise_c,itm_sniper_crossbow,itm_steel_bolts,
    itm_kettle_hat,itm_mail_coif,itm_mail_with_tunic_green,itm_leather_boots,itm_splinted_leather_greaves],
   str_14 | agi_5 | int_4 | cha_4|level(25),expert_crossbow(25),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_3|knows_shield_4|knows_power_strike_4|knows_athletics_6,rhodok_face_middle_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

["rhodok_scout","Rhodok Scout","Rhodok Scouts",tf_mounted|tf_guarantee_all,0,0,fac_kingdom_5,
   [itm_throwing_spears,itm_sword_viking_1,itm_two_handed_axe,itm_war_spear,itm_tab_shield_pavise_c,itm_tab_shield_pavise_d,
    itm_skullcap,itm_mail_coif,itm_mail_with_tunic_green,itm_leather_boots,itm_splinted_leather_greaves,itm_saddle_horse,itm_rok_saddle_horse2,itm_leather_gloves],
   def_attrib|level(19),regular_all(19),knows_riding_5|knows_ironflesh_2|knows_power_strike_2|knows_shield_1|knows_horse_archery_2|knows_power_throw_3,rhodok_face_young_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

["rhodok_messenger","Rhodok Messenger","Rhodok Messengers",tf_mounted|tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_gloves|tf_guarantee_horse|tf_guarantee_ranged,0,0,fac_kingdom_4,
   [itm_sword_medieval_b,itm_leather_jerkin,itm_leather_boots,itm_courser,itm_leather_gloves,itm_short_bow,itm_arrows],
   def_attrib|agi_21|level(25),wp(130),knows_common|knows_riding_7|knows_horse_archery_5|knows_power_draw_5,rhodok_face_middle_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

["rhodok_deserter","Rhodok Deserter","Rhodok Deserters",tf_guarantee_ranged|tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor,0,0,fac_deserters,
   [itm_arrows,itm_spiked_mace,itm_axe,itm_falchion,itm_short_bow,itm_short_bow,itm_hunting_bow,itm_javelin,itm_javelin,itm_steppe_cap,itm_nomad_cap,itm_leather_vest,itm_leather_vest,itm_nomad_armor,itm_nomad_boots],
   def_attrib|str_10|level(14),wp(80),knows_ironflesh_1|knows_power_draw_1,rhodok_face_middle_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

["rhodok_prison_guard","Prison Guard","Prison Guards", tf_guarantee_shield|tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_helmet,0,0,fac_kingdom_4,
   [itm_ashwood_pike,itm_battle_fork,itm_battle_axe,itm_fighting_axe,itm_tab_shield_pavise_b,itm_bascinet_2,itm_surcoat_over_mail,itm_mail_chausses,itm_iron_greaves,itm_leather_gloves],
   def_attrib|level(24),wp(130),knows_athletics_3|knows_shield_2|knows_ironflesh_3,rhodok_face_middle_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

["rhodok_castle_guard","Castle Guard","Castle Guards", tf_guarantee_shield|tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_helmet,0,0,fac_kingdom_4,
   [itm_ashwood_pike,itm_battle_fork,itm_battle_axe,itm_fighting_axe,itm_tab_shield_pavise_c,itm_bascinet_2,itm_surcoat_over_mail,itm_mail_chausses,itm_iron_greaves,itm_leather_gloves],
   def_attrib|level(24),wp(130),knows_athletics_3|knows_shield_2|knows_ironflesh_3,rhodok_face_middle_1, rhodok_face_older_2],

Ever since I decided to use my own Weapon Proficiency System based on SODs WP System the computer can really put up a fight now. I'm playing at 79% difficulty and even in a duel will the computer try to mop the floor with your face :???: I like it though so know each Weapon skill isn't all 90 or 120 like before. It's based on level and what they specialize in. It really will give the player a challenge from now on in basic combat.

Hm... there are a few questionable items in the Rhodok Scout's armament:

- itm_throwing_spears - I'm not against giving a ranged weapon to the Rhodok Scout but javelins don't seem Rhodok-ish to me. Give them light/hunting crossbows instead.*

- itm_two_handed_axe - again, quite an unorthodox choice for a Rhodok weapon. Spears/lances and one-handed swords and maces would be all okay (as it is the Rhodok Scout's weaponry seems quite limited to me anyway) but an axe would seem out of the picture.

- itm_tab_shield_pavise_c / itm_tab_shield_pavise_d - uh... unless you changed the items, I would like to remind you that pavise shields (or board shields) can NOT be used on horseback, so the Rhodok Scout would be exposed all the time while mounted. I'd recommand round shields, heart shields or kite shields instead. I'm kind of leaning towards round shields, but the decision is yours.

Also, I'd give them Rhodok Scout +1-2 levels of Horse Archery and Shield skills (1 Shield / 2 Horse Archery seems a bit low).

*on a different note, light/hunting crossbows' firing speed should be increased in general to make them more useful.

Sorry but NO.

As I stated in other topics before:

MorrisB said:
SOD follows a strict policy regarding firearms. There are many people who don't want to see firearms included at all, but we also think of the people who want to grab a pistol/musket and shoot guys in the face with bullets rather than arrows.

Surely you can see, the easiest way to solve this was/is to create random tavern mercenaries who happen to be using firearms. Those who hate guns in a medieval-like setting can simply ignore them, but those who like guns can hire these units and use them. However, giving a 'regular' firearm-using troop to be used in significant numbers by any faction would ruin it all.

I repeat myself from other topics: only several random tavern mercenaries, certain Faith troops (Natural Philosophy religion) and some NPCs will get firearms by standard. Keep in mind, there WILL be new firearm-using mercs included in later releases, and we are always open to troop suggestions for random mercs, but these units will not be tied to any faction's armies.

We may improve Rhodok equipment quality but no faction will have gunpowder-based weaponry avaible for their regular troops. BUT in future relases Calradians, and thus Rhodoks, will have Noble/Faith troops on their own, they could have one or two types of firearms since Noble/Faith troops are powerful and very rare.

Back
Top Bottom