Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Grr.... I hate this stupid bug. I saved up 3000 gold in 2 days, and was going to turn in more money. I put in my 500, then checked how much money I had in all. And I had only that 500. THIS IS BULL****. I SPENT SO MUCH TIME SAVING UP, AND I LOSE IT TO A BUG?! Fix this so I don't waste 6 more hours of my life.

Jean_a_Normandie said:
I saved up 3000 gold in 2 days, and was going to turn in more money. I put in my 500, then checked how much money I had in all. And I had only that 500.
You misunderstood: the money is not saved for all time - like cRPG - it only lasts until a map restart, server restart, or server crash. You can lose up to half your gold after disconnecting and reconnecting, but I will try making that a maximum of 20% in the next patch (on top of the up to 20% loot dropped). If it took you 2 days to make 3000, you should probably try doing something else - you could make that much in about 10 - 30 minutes, with a serf and good pick mining and exporting iron, with no interference. Taking it from other players in various ways could be much faster.

PLEASE MAKE MORE BRIDGES THAT ARE HARDER TO BREAK and FIX THE MINES and MAKE THE MINES RESPAWN AFTER A WHILE..

Vornne said:
Jean_a_Normandie said:
I saved up 3000 gold in 2 days, and was going to turn in more money. I put in my 500, then checked how much money I had in all. And I had only that 500.
You misunderstood: the money is not saved for all time - like cRPG - it only lasts until a map restart, server restart, or server crash. You can lose up to half your gold after disconnecting and reconnecting, but I will try making that a maximum of 20% in the next patch (on top of the up to 20% loot dropped). If it took you 2 days to make 3000, you should probably try doing something else - you could make that much in about 10 - 30 minutes, with a serf and good pick mining and exporting iron, with no interference. Taking it from other players in various ways could be much faster.
It's still retarded. making that money only to lose it everyday? I can't make much money because I can't afford a pick. Even if I do get a pick, I can't mine iron because either the bridges are out, people won't lower drawbridges, or the ship captains take 3 hours to get to you. And then I always die on my way to sell it either by factions who think I'm a spy or peasants who got too close to my mining and start raging at me and killing me.

vornne people seem to think this is cRPG XD
all people do is complain about how there money isnt saving :razz:

these people mustnt of played PW before your version was released :sad:

Guys, just a heads up: the angrier you get, the more likely it is that I will totally ignore you, and maybe miss a reasonable suggestion of yours. I have to do it that way; since I can't get any work done on the mod if I'm constantly trying to work a helpline or PR department.

When Serfs sell each branch,log,iron etc. the faction should get a percentage of gold from the transaction

Kinda like a tax

Soldiers end up fighting and loseing their weps and armor and they dont get much money. They end up raiding some other factions serfs for gold which leads to the "random killing" problem

SO when the faction Lord gets money from all of the serfs working he will be able to pay soldiers and Serfs will be more valuable

If the Serfs are more valuable to a faction then the Lord will be more likely to send soldiers to protect his serfs

Also this leads to more Recruiting of serfs which means less confused noobs and less outlaws

More serfs recruited which leads too
Armys that dont have to Pillage for an income
Well paid armys offers more protection for the serfs
More protection of serfs leads to upward mobility

This is simple Medieval Economics

What do you guys think?

That is all fine and dandy till someone decides that they would rather go kill brigands or attack other factions than defend ungrateful serfs. Those people are impatent, and ruin the game for the rest. Just my 2cents

deadeye238 said:
    That is all fine and dandy till someone decides that they would rather go kill brigands or attack other factions than defend ungrateful serfs. Those people are impatent, and ruin the game for the rest. Just my 2cents

+1

that and the faction might do both, raid and defend the serfs. Double the income.

Ginoenrico said:
When Serfs sell each branch,log,iron etc. the faction should get a percentage of gold from the transaction
Um...
The way it currently works is that when the resource or weapon items (also armor and horses) are bought at the castle, 10% is added to the castle money chest (for the lord to access): this is so the faction only gets money for the items that are used, rather than the ones piled up for no reason. So, the serf sells the item at a castle stockpile for 80% of the value (as opposed to 100% or more of the value for export stations, which make the resources disappear out of the game), the item is added to the stack, and then the faction engineers can buy the resources they need for 100% of the value, with 10% going to the castle money chest, and then they can craft a weapon item with those resources for a small amount of gold (engineer level required * 100), and then the soldiers buy the item at 100% with another 10% going to the faction. So to summarize: the faction only gets the tax on items they actually use (sell); since it doesn't seem to make sense that if the faction bought a whole load of useless junk to store they would also get paid a tax from somewhere. The 80% sell price, the 100% buy price, and the 10% tax are set up so it's not possible to create money from nothing by repeatedly buying and selling items at a stockpile; it would also work if the sell price was 90%.

Hail ! (It's Dr.Satan)
Is it possible to add the function for "Healing herbs" : when press "X" entire in mod himself ( the doctor can eat himself the herb for healed of poison - or drugged :grin: )
when press "X" entire in the other mod for other person ( the basic, that is already ON )
  I think the Surgeon Scalpel cost a lot x_x, it cost more than the doctor train, that's why, alltime, I'm the only doctor ( without admins ) on the servers, I like been the only one, but scalpel cost really a lot :eek:
  And I encourage your project Vornne, you ( and your team ? ) did a real great great job ! :grin:

And now, after 16hours of M&B I GO SLEEP ! Good night !

PS : Is it possible to find a list with all recites for objects on this v4 ?

and , I have an other idea for Doctor : Is it possible, first to add a healing propertie ( like 5% life gained when using healing herbs ? )
and, it will possible to add mushroom for doctor who can apply on dagger, for make poison dagger ? (Because pay all time a dagger what is usefull for one hit = you drop a lot daggers, and the poison isn't really used thanks that ) for make marijuana a little more usefull !

It should be possible to make some way for the doctor to treat himself for poison, and also to craft poisoned daggers, but I'm very busy with other parts of the mod at the moment; the poisoned daggers are supposed to be rarely used, only when someone is valuable or dangerous enough to hit and then run away from. The price of the scalpel has been cut rougly in half for the next patch, as well as making it easier to make money. I don't have time to make and keep updated a list of crafting recipies, but they are all very simple at this stage: everything uses either sticks or poles depending on how long the wood part is, the different sizes of iron bars depending on how long the metal part is, and boards for flat wood parts; there are no other items that are used for crafting (yet). When you fail to craft something, the error message will tell you if you don't have the right resources or if you don't have high enough engineering skill.

Vornne said:
Roikku said:
- Tools should have infinite stack in "shops".
I already added free default tools for peasants and serfs in alpha2, what's the matter with them?

The hatchet can only cut sticks effectively...
Takes bout 20 minutes to get 1 branch from a tree with Hatchet. So it's almost the same if you hit the tree with the knife. Please add some more power to it. :S

I still don't see the point of stacks

I mean: sure it promotes the crafting class, yeah great, but nobody has the money to become a engineer, without making money, which is extremly tidious while there are no tools to buy

Serann said:
I still don't see the point of stacks

I mean: sure it promotes the crafting class, yeah great, but nobody has the money to become a engineer, without making money, which is extremly tidious while there are no tools to buy

It is probably to promote P2P trading other than just endless farming from the environment. To make it lucrative to become a engineer etc.

engineers have it easy - they can get suppliers and buy iron directly from them, saving money and making faction weapons. They also don't have to do all the running!

Feedback from Lupo -

Okay, the whole idea of this mod is awesome from sailing ships too seeing trees fall down after they been cut BRILLIANT!
But correct me if i'm wrong but i think this has taken alot of the roleplay out of this mod because everyone is too busy trying to make money, i personally think it takes far too long to make money on this mod and it is soo easily LOST or spent. Also i love the idea behind needing to make weapons but its abit of a pain in the arse when you just want to get yer hands on one. It all seems abit like too much effort to make all that effort for money and nice items all just to be randomed or dissconnected.

Also i'm not sure if there is one, but a Neutural faction would be good for those who don't want castle wars.

None the less WELL ****ING DONE its great apart from that :smile:

Back
Top Bottom