Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

after playing around i found it a nice mod but i see what you mean about the rp issues,
people were spamming the global faction chat with insults and although the admin features were nice you can hurt other admins and invis and admin armour dont turn off :sad:

NLR for example wont work on this mod since you respawn at your base which also means only 1 faction can have 1 base, whites are stuck to one area etc

overal its an awesome idea and ill like to see how it turns out, but it seems to have the deathmatch to rp mix abit off for anything long term like we have run before.

lots to think about i think

we are having issues with boats atm.

also i think that class changing things should be lowered abit, it feels like 30seconds to change class.
same for resting lower it abit? imagine when someone starts kicking you etc :/ it will get abit annoying

for a deathmatch mode it should be 15seconds tops

Played it, and it was quite nice, but some people got money with lightning speed... someone had 157 million denars...
I'd like a bit more Roleplay in it, could work well with roleplay. Also, I like the outfit buy system, since you don't have to die to switch.

Lol at server me and deathshead ( or something like that :razz:) were outlaws it was fun just killing passerbys after they refuse to give us money...

but then nob0dy started bumping us with his overpowered plated charger and killed our band :sad:
But we still had a chase with pushkin_the_poor and then lady_milfred got involved and suddenly viola I was frozen...

All in all it was good until the admins got involved, Just dont take this as a hate message...

So yeah, I tried playing and after short consideration I had this to say:

FAIL

The system is nice and all, and I SUPPOSE it is interesting to make everyone start as a serf but instead we got this now:

you start as a serf and immediately get killed by outlaws on horses with better armor and weapon than you, and probably better stats
You respawn, try again, and get killed. Again.
Repeat.
Repeat.
Repeat.
Rage.
Leave.

And the best part is: since that is how outlaws make money now, it's not even randoming so it's supposed to be like this

I'm sorry but this system does not work for me. I'm gone until there is enough safety so that I can make a few denars to buy myself at least a weapon I can block with.

Cya in the game. Probably.

Edit:

As for the food and hunger idea: please don't. The last thing I need now, is too interrupt RP just so I can get something to eat. Or worse yet, suddenly running out of money in mid-RP so I have to break it up and make some new one, just not to starve to death.

ColonicAcid said:
Lol at server me and deathshead ( or something like that :razz:) were outlaws it was fun just killing passerbys after they refuse to give us money...

but then nob0dy started bumping us with his overpowered plated charger and killed our band :sad:
But we still had a chase with pushkin_the_poor and then lady_milfred got involved and suddenly viola I was frozen...

All in all it was good until the admins got involved, Just dont take this as a hate message...

Server was restarting.
:razz:

Personally i dont think the new weapons system is as good, yes i like the idea - but in practice its not working so well, i cant even figure out how to get a pike.

I think they should revert to how they were - but more expenisve, so brigands cant just buy them.

EDIT: OR make it so you can only buy cheap weapons if you arent in a faction, then like the brigands as you become more into that faction - you gain access to better weapons. So you basically rank up, till all weapons are unlocked.

(maybe that could work for armour too).

Loving alot of what has been done so far, yes there is hardly any Rp at all. But that may be because everyone is exploring the new features of the game mod.

Some great features on this , but it's buggy but still it's alpha and these things will hopefully be fixed.. Also the chat system need's to be sorted out as it's confusing and can't do local area Roleplaying..

is it possible several modes can be added? for example a mode like the current version and another mode for gold purchasing of weapons without the wood and iron requirements. since alot find it to slow to get a decent war/rp going it would be nice to have a admin option to change that.

the boats are awesome though, although getting between 2 boats at see can be impossible which ruins the fun i think and jumping on and off on the docks isnt as easy as it should be

buying boats maybe? or faction boats would be awesome, ive got a idea for a map but i need boats working well for it to be worth it :grin:

a delay on faction name changing would be good too since people were using it to spam messages in chat, maybe a word limit?

if i think of anymore ideas ill get back to you :smile:

hunterman52 said:
Some great features on this , but it's buggy but still it's alpha and these things will hopefully be fixed.. Also the chat system need's to be sorted out as it's confusing and can't do local area Roleplaying..

'i / I' for Local chat.

now its very nice but please, do something with that f*icking invisibility, stupid randomers going around and hiting everyone with poisoned dagger

So awesome, I loved it. Randomers were being hunted down by serf gangs.

my thoughts so far:
-there should be unlimited supply of some ****ty hatchets - right now server tends to run out of tools
-real woodaxes could be moved into castles than
-we need better guide how things works (crafting, changing classes, etc), and map with marked important locations
-map travel can't depend only on ships
-I couldn't buy clothes as serf - is it restricted to other classes?
-trees should be less durable - right now it takes forever to cut one down, which lead to
    a: wood isn't resource that can (temporary, in some area) deplete, so no reason to ride other factions for more wood
    b: it takes forever to get logs
-no resource (iron) should be finite IMO - persistence is better :razz:
-any way to scroll through scoreboard?

Speedyck said:
now its very nice but please, do something with that f*icking invisibility, stupid randomers going around and hiting everyone with poisoned dagger

Yeah.
Some of the admins think it's alright to do that, and I'll have words with them, and even strip one or two of their rights.
New admins rules are going to have to come.

N0body said:
Speedyck said:

Yeah.
Some of the admins think it's alright to do that, and I'll have words with them, and even strip one or two of their rights.
New admins rules are going to have to come.

it needs a on off button same for the admin armour, this way we can use invisiblity to watch players acused of randoming and go into admin armour to survive an attack from a randomer.
but you cant switch them off which means its not very effective in the long term

i think these next few days should be about bug testing and ideas instead of setting the rules and such since this is a alpha, usually betas and alphas are so different its unrecognisable, fixing and finding lots of minor bugs should be our focus for now i think :grin:

NLR doesnt really work anymore either :/

also what happened to the TW? cant we use them as a way to arrest outlaws?

Back
Top Bottom