Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Would it be possible to create scripts that we have now if the PW Module system was never released?

ApexSoar said:
ok i need help, i have pw in my modules but it wont show up in my mod list, PLEASE HELP

* If you have more than one copy of Warband installed on the same computer, make sure you launched the right one.
* Make sure to add the PW_4.5.1 folder inside of the Modules folder and not some other file like .rar

Gishank said:
Ingstad8 said:
Is this only for singleplayer? I'm pretty new. I started playing 2 days ago.

Uh, no... Persistent World is a multiplayer-only mod. It has no singleplayer.
Alright thanks, might stay playing native. if you have time please suggest some mod for me  :grin:

Vornne said:
Missed replying to this earlier:
The Bowman said:
Add usable invisible scene props for triggering custom scripts.
I tried to find something alike in the scene editor, but I failed to notice anything. Does anyone know what are they called like?
They are named custom_script_trigger_a to e.

I have made a small optional patch for 4.5 which can be used by server hosters to change the pw_buy_lance stockpile to associate with the "Thin Lance" item, which breaks when used to deal significant damage. Since to unmodified 4.5.0 clients the stockpile will appear to sell the plain "Lance" item, it was necessary to change the "Thin Lance" price from 230 to 670 to be identical, but I suggest server hosters that want to use breakable lances in their scene to reduce the price with the stockpile prop multiplier value, down to 40% or 20%, since the lances would need to be bought much more often. The patch is here and linked from the main post: just extract it into the PW_4.5 module directory on your server.

I have also found the bug that caused admin permissions from the name server not to be applied, in the game_receive_url_response module script: the fixed module has been uploaded as PW_4.5.1 for the full download and the patch, but only server hosters will have any difference and should update their dedicated server module (the name is still PW_4.5, and 4.5.0 clients are still fully compatible). The name server was also updated with some bug fixes, so it should be downloaded again (see the diffs on github for details).

Splintert: no problem with the main opinon and information parts of your posts, but please tone down the trash talking.

Hello, I download the patch, but the "breakable thin lance"can only spawn with admin tool, Pw_lance_stockpile still spawn the vanilla lance. Is some file change problem by me? or this isn't compatible with 4.5.1?

AIR1007 said:
Hello, I download the patch, but the "breakable thin lance"can only spawn with admin tool, Pw_lance_stockpile still spawn the vanilla lance. Is some file change problem by me? or this isn't compatible with 4.5.1?
Are you applying the patch to a dedicated server? It is not possible to enable with a client side mod.

I wonder if someone could help. My mind has gone totally blank.

Other than when the server restarts, and all factions are at war. Is there a time when both faction lords have to peace?

Quite stupid that I can't remember.

Splintert said:
That is a nonsensical question and means nothing to base PW. Factions all maintain their own relations to everyone else by game mechanics.
Well, there is currently an issue by a few players on Oasis. Over an "illegal war." Because of the ruleset, you cannot redeclare war on a faction who redeclared war on you. For instance, I declared war and won. So I made peace. But they redeclared within 15s, and captured the castle back. They made peace and I redeclared.

That is what one side are saying, while the other side says for some reason both side had to peace? It's confusing and ridiculously complicated. Hence why I thought I'd ask a question to see whether or not what they said was true.

PW the mod doesn't care about rules. The game mechanics allow factions to set hostility whenever they want. The place to ask would be in your server of choice's thread, or on their own forum.

Hello!

I have a serious problem that persists, i cant get into the server. I hope someone could help me , or maybe someone had similar problem (I do not hope that!) :smile:

I launch PW 4.5 and everything is fine, I can get into all other servers except for Calradian Roleplay server and Eu Oasis for some reason. (Two servers I play on )

For Calradian Roleplay server when I click connect it takes me to the menu where I have to click join game then nothing happens waiting for few sec I get a message saying connection to server is lost.

If I Connect to Eu_Oasis (These are the only servers that are not working for I also do have Napoleonic wars dlc every server works fine for me...)
When I click connect it says "downloading map 0%" . For about 30 sec.

After that it throws me error message: "connection to server is lost".

I tried:

Deleting and re-downloading PW 4.5.

Deleting local content of MBW and reinstalling.

Searched module folder for weird files and deleted some scn files, that came back after.

Its weird that how I could connect and play the game before and now I cant for some reason I tried mostly everything if anyone got any idea please help.
Can anybody think of any solutions?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but I tried everything

Hope to hear from you soon.

Don1225 said:
I launch PW 4.5 and everything is fine, I can get into all other servers except for Calradian Roleplay server and Eu Oasis for some reason. (Two servers I play on )
I think at least one of those servers makes major server side changes from the official mod (possibly buggy, possibly breaking compatibility with official clients), so you probably need to ask admins / other players on that server for help.

I had the same problem before. Ask connor the SO of oasis for the server map files to manually download the map and extract it to your warband sceneobj folder in documents.

Don1225 said:
Hello!

I have a serious problem that persists, i cant get into the server. I hope someone could help me , or maybe someone had similar problem (I do not hope that!) :smile:

For Calradian Roleplay server when I click connect it takes me to the menu where I have to click join game then nothing happens waiting for few sec I get a message saying connection to server is lost.

If I Connect to Eu_Oasis (These are the only servers that are not working for I also do have Napoleonic wars dlc every server works fine for me...)
When I click connect it says "downloading map 0%" . For about 30 sec.

After that it throws me error message: "connection to server is lost".

I tried:

Deleting and re-downloading PW 4.5.

Deleting local content of MBW and reinstalling.

Searched module folder for weird files and deleted some scn files, that came back after.

Its weird that how I could connect and play the game before and now I cant for some reason I tried mostly everything if anyone got any idea please help.
Can anybody think of any solutions?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but I tried everything

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hey Pal, yeah this is an issue we've had recently it's nothing to do with the server side code but the map as it was developed by myself and Loki we had so much detail to the point where we have most likely shaved off 800kb from the map in minor details and so on but it's still around 1000kb which is dangerous considering you could have a graphic cards from the gods but it'll still crash your game due to warbands very old engine.

Anyway this is happening to a few people, we've shaved off the map abit more and then it should be fine to play, i'm pretty confident this is the problem as it's actualy happened to me before.

Thanks Kingsman good to see you here answering back. But yeah I managed to solve the issue its like the second time this happen to me had to play with few files to make it work so if someone has this problem just send them to me .
By the way Calardia Roleplay is one of the best server in Persistent World that's why I had to find a solution as fast as possible keep the good work up guys.

Hey everyone, I'm new. Really excited to play, but, I have a problem.
When I try to connect to your servers it says it's not compatible with my module, and it offers me to go to Taleworlds forums.

Please help? :sad:

P.S
Yes, I've extracted all the files into the native folder.

P.S 2
Think I've fixed it, just had to rename. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom