Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

I downloaded the dedicated server, but when I ran it, it came up as Native Mod and an older version. Does this happen for anyone else, or am I doing something wrong?

Looking for a solid well built and easy to gain power in house? Then I have the house for you!
House of Storm is looking for members and YOU could be that member.

http: //house-of-storm.enjin. com/recruitment

Shortpower said:
Looking for a solid well built and easy to gain power in house? Then I have the house for you!
House of Storm is looking for members and YOU could be that member.

http: //house-of-storm.enjin. com/recruitment

It would help to remove the space between the "dot" and "com". TaleWorlds Forums supports direct links. I don't think you'll gain too much popularity by having people copy and paste the adress in the search bar.

Secondly, here is not the place for this stuff. You'd better create a new thread for your house.

Byamarro said:
Do You have any plans about carrots and apple pies :wink:?
The meshes were added as part of a resource pack given by Blobmania, and I intended to implement ways to grow apples and carrots, along with a few other vegetables, but that hasn't been finished so far - the existing scripts don't quite suit, so would need adapting and testing. Every coding project needs to be prioritised on importance and whether it ties in with other features already existing or in progress; new types of food wouldn't really add much more than visual variety to the game, compared to other features which could produce more functional improvements. However, sometimes I just have a good idea and get really motivated to implement it, so random trivial features are added from time to time.

The items were included in case admins wanted to spawn them as a visually unique reward, for now.

How would I set AI spawns, and if not already happening set them to spawn with items or spawn as random agent. They spawned AI and they were spawning as the faction classes with the peasant gear that came with it, they were the classes - lord, foot man, archer and so one- but they were only spawning on the commoner spawn point.
Is it possible if you can make them spawn with random gear, and Is it possible if you can add a set spawn point for them.

Also Is it possible to change items chest loud id's.

I am also designing a map and one of the key features i want the map to be is that their are lots of build able item and capture able towns that you can hold for you faction and take out post. What would you suggestion on this be, do you think it could work. what if i have flags possibly as secondary on 1 or 2. would i leave its current owner at 0 or would it be better if their linked to a proper faction.

shrike137 said:
How would I set AI spawns, and if not already happening set them to spawn with items or spawn as random agent. They spawned AI and they were spawning as the faction classes with the peasant gear that came with it, they were the classes - lord, foot man, archer and so one- but they were only spawning on the commoner spawn point.
Is it possible if you can make them spawn with random gear, and Is it possible if you can add a set spawn point for them.
In official PW, using the "random testing bots" option in the admin panel causes bots randomly selected from the player troop classes to be spawned at random commoner spawn points, using the PW scripts to randomly select items from the troop default equipment.  The code to manage them is in script check_spawn_bots, so you could choose to spawn different bots at different entry points if wanted.

There is no simple way to make them spawn with truly random items, but I suggest you make some new bot entries in module_troops (only if making a sub mod) with all the possible equipment selections for each type: the PW scripts will randomly select from up to 5 of each type of item (head armor, gloves, one handed weapon, combination of bow and arrows...), similarly to the hard coded feature for single player battles (multiplayer battles in Native have troops all with exactly the same equipment, selected somehow from the range in module_troops). You can examine the PW code for selecting spawn equipment in these scripts: initialize_troop_equipment_slots and cf_add_item_to_troop_equipment_slots (only run at game start), and cf_troop_get_random_equipment, cf_player_add_default_troop_item, player_add_default_troop_items, player_add_default_troop_armor, player_add_equipped_items (run each spawn, whether after death or when changing troop type).

As said, PW is redesigned from scratch as a game mode without much support for bots or AI, so you would probably have to write and change a lot of code in a sub mod for them to work properly. Part of the reason is that the multiplayer teams in Native are hard coded to support only two, so PW bypasses that part of the engine by using a "deathmatch" style of set up, then adding all the team support (called factions) as module system scripts; meaning that AI bots will not recognize PW faction relations, just attacking or ignoring everyone equally. In the mod development sub board there are some threads explaining how to set all bots on their own separate team, so they don't attack each other, only human players.
shrike137 said:
Also Is it possible to change items chest loud id's.
Yes, the feature was designed so server hosters could define their own "load outs" if wanted: just add more chest_load_out() function call lines in script chests_fill_starting_inventory, reading the comments of the python function defined a few lines above for documentation of what the function parameters mean. Then you need to compile the module and upload the changes to your server - nothing needs to be changed on the player client modules to have different load outs - and link chest props in your scene to the new load outs you added. The feature is mainly targeted at "event" missions which have more emphasis on the starting environment, but it might be useful as another way to boost production or defences in areas of the scene, after server restart.
shrike137 said:
I am also designing a map and one of the key features i want the map to be is that their are lots of build able item and capture able towns that you can hold for you faction and take out post. What would you suggestion on this be, do you think it could work.
PW does not have very many types of constructable scene props, just a few simple structures made of wooden logs, since there is no engine support for any sort of decent physics system to manage whether built structures are impossible and should fall down or not. Within the limitations of the game engine, this mod is designed for mostly static scenes as a frame work for players to make changes in limited ways set by the scene maker (but limited by mechanical and "fair" scripts - I don't mean limited by complicated rules and personalities enforced by admins). However, you might find ways to make an interesting scene with a lot of constructable bases.
shrike137 said:
what if i have flags possibly as secondary on 1 or 2. would i leave its current owner at 0 or would it be better if their linked to a proper faction.
Capture points set at 0 or 1 (commoners or outlaws) are entirely useless, having no effect on the game; you can only set those values because the "faction / castle id" format was chosen to be the same as for other scene prop types, for easier understanding when designing scenes. Capture points are never linked to a faction, proper or otherwise; they are always linked to a castle number (2 - 9), with the secondary types for making a castle more complex to capture than just using a single banner point. For example, you might want to have a secondary capture point on an important gate house, which could be used to control the castle, and the primary point on top of the keep; or you might decide that attacking factions must capture multiple surrounding outposts to gain control of the area before being allowed to capture the main castle.

Hi i have one small question. Im just wondering, who is hosting this games for PW? Is it people from taleworlds or some private kind of people? Also, how do you become lord ingame? Thanks!

krafna said:
Hi i have one small question. Im just wondering, who is hosting this games for PW? Is it people from taleworlds or some private kind of people?
TaleWorlds does not host PW servers (or any Warband servers that I know of, since the official ones were taken down after the beta period). Anyone can host a PW server, since the necessary files and information are public, but quite decent hardware and experienced administrators are required to host a popular and smoothly performing one.
krafna said:
Also, how do you become lord ingame?
You need to be voted in by other members in your faction. Pressing escape for the main menu then selecting "Request Poll" and "Change your faction's lord" will present a list of the other members of your faction to choose from, to start a poll for the members to vote on.

Hi , i just found your mod seemed a very good way 2 play online :smile:

but after i joined your server some lannister people forced me 2 give away 1.5k from my 5k starting money ?

what is wrong with people ? how can i protect my self without any armor weapons or friends

is this mod nothing for solo players ? cuz you get riped off your stuff by assholes in larger number (better equip )

and banned from pw legancy cuz a outlaw killed me without reason i fighted back and banned ....

**** this im back 2 napoleon wars and acok/native....  cant even play as a noob for 10 minute without getting undeserved ban , great community

There are multiple different groups of people hosting PW servers, and none of them are "official", linked in with the development of this mod; complain on the appropriate server thread or external forum. Though playing other mods instead is fine: this was not designed to appeal to everyone, or even the majority of gamers these days.

Stop posting insults in this thread, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom