Author Topic: Persistent World 4.4.0 - download and general discussion  (Read 683725 times)

Vornne

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Vornne
  • M&BWBNW
Re: Persistent World 4 - alpha test
« Reply #195 on: March 04, 2011, 06:29:41 AM »
It should be possible to make some way for the doctor to treat himself for poison, and also to craft poisoned daggers, but I'm very busy with other parts of the mod at the moment; the poisoned daggers are supposed to be rarely used, only when someone is valuable or dangerous enough to hit and then run away from. The price of the scalpel has been cut rougly in half for the next patch, as well as making it easier to make money. I don't have time to make and keep updated a list of crafting recipies, but they are all very simple at this stage: everything uses either sticks or poles depending on how long the wood part is, the different sizes of iron bars depending on how long the metal part is, and boards for flat wood parts; there are no other items that are used for crafting (yet). When you fail to craft something, the error message will tell you if you don't have the right resources or if you don't have high enough engineering skill.

Roikku

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • M&BWB
« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2011, 08:54:47 AM »
- Tools should have infinite stack in "shops".
I already added free default tools for peasants and serfs in alpha2, what's the matter with them?

The hatchet can only cut sticks effectively...
Takes bout 20 minutes to get 1 branch from a tree with Hatchet. So it's almost the same if you hit the tree with the knife. Please add some more power to it. :S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjNc1eA9N6U

MY epic Mount and Blade Siege film

Serann

• Master Knight
  • <Insert pretentious wit>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Cathrine
« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2011, 11:36:47 AM »
I still don't see the point of stacks

I mean: sure it promotes the crafting class, yeah great, but nobody has the money to become a engineer, without making money, which is extremly tidious while there are no tools to buy

Quote from: Serann
This quote is false.

Eragon91

• Master Knight
  • Permanently Banned
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: LdlG_Eragon/Pastor_Fritzl
« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »

I mean: sure it promotes the crafting class, yeah great, but nobody has the money to become a engineer, without making money, which is extremly tidious while there are no tools to buy

It is probably to promote P2P trading other than just endless farming from the environment. To make it lucrative to become a engineer etc.
Quote from: IrishPraetorian
I personally enjoy sitting in an armchair, dressed in a black cloak going 'Good....Good....let the hatred flow through you!' as I see people banned for all kinds of stupid crap.

Quote from: Will Smith
When people ask me "Plz" because it's shorter than "Please", i tell them "No" because it's shorter than "Yes".

Splintert

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/splintert
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Splintert
  • M&BWB
« Reply #199 on: March 04, 2011, 12:45:35 PM »
engineers have it easy - they can get suppliers and buy iron directly from them, saving money and making faction weapons. They also don't have to do all the running!

AKA An_Admin, Ivalis, Strange_Wanderer, Ala_Hakem, Taurus_Verres_Triarius, Abul_al_Khayr, Arccosine, Ytri, Lerath_of_Rivacheg, Sly_Pilgrim, Splintert_NAPW and GA_Splintert
"Giving the people what they want doesn't work if the people are retards...." - Droznig

Toriati

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Durante
« Reply #200 on: March 04, 2011, 01:42:04 PM »
Feedback from Lupo -

Okay, the whole idea of this mod is awesome from sailing ships too seeing trees fall down after they been cut BRILLIANT!
But correct me if i'm wrong but i think this has taken alot of the roleplay out of this mod because everyone is too busy trying to make money, i personally think it takes far too long to make money on this mod and it is soo easily LOST or spent. Also i love the idea behind needing to make weapons but its abit of a pain in the arse when you just want to get yer hands on one. It all seems abit like too much effort to make all that effort for money and nice items all just to be randomed or dissconnected.

Also i'm not sure if there is one, but a Neutural faction would be good for those who don't want castle wars.

None the less WELL ******** DONE its great apart from that :)

Demonhun

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: IG_Knt_Demonhun
  • WB
« Reply #201 on: March 04, 2011, 02:15:24 PM »
Personally i think that cutting resources shouldnt be MAINLY for making money, but for the actual crafting of items. Now if people will just cut trees etc for their own sake so they gear up theyre taking a lot of time. Instead, make money output faster, so when people join factions they dont have to focus a lot on money making but rather gathering supplies for weapons etc.
Guard of Istiniar

IG_Knt_Demonhun

Phoenix234

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2011, 02:19:56 PM »
i was thinking about the PW war mod, and how everyone starts with basic weapons.
i think this mod should include something similar, maybe each faction owner can choose a signiture basic weapon set for his men like footmen get a small sword and a pike when they respawn etc making each factions basic armies different

the richness of the faction could increase the basic starting armour and weapons of the spawning players maybe? 

deadeye238

• Squire
  • To protect and to serve!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Andras Benbow
  • WB
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2011, 03:30:17 PM »
     When you train as a soldier for a faction you get some basic weapons.... they are relative to that class. If you want BETTER weapons, then have an engineer make them. Inform me if I am incorrect, but only engineers can make weapons and sheilds.
Swadian RolePlay

Phoenix234

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2011, 03:35:49 PM »
i didnt mean like that XD i meant better weapons then that.
Tier0: Free weapons (current system)
Tier1: basic weapons + slightly improved armour. Costs Faction leader XXX gold and resources
Tier2: basic weapons + average armour

any good/stronger weapons would require an engineer

etc etc

the faction leader pays so many resources and so much gold to give his men better starting weapons on death.
this makes it more important for faction leaders to set up an economy as these upgrades would be very expensive. think of it like when a recruit joins the army, he would be given basic weaponry so he would fit the fighting style of the other men, giving a guy a spear when hes a unit of archers for example wouldnt work :P

Serann

• Master Knight
  • <Insert pretentious wit>
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Cathrine
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2011, 03:36:38 PM »

It is probably to promote P2P trading other than just endless farming from the environment. To make it lucrative to become a engineer etc.

The whole point of my argument was that the engineer-stack circle doesn't work because there are no engineers, because there aren't enough tools BY FAR

And there won't be any trading because these tools are so rare, nobody will be giving his woodcutters axe up
Quote from: Serann
This quote is false.

Phoenix234

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »
maybe an admin command to restock basic item supplies? like hammers, short swords etc?
this way if we want an event we can press the button and everyone can speed up abit :P

same for woodcutting items and picks

CalenLoki

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Calen Loki
  • WB
« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2011, 04:02:50 PM »
i didnt mean like that XD i meant better weapons then that.
Tier0: Free weapons (current system)
Tier1: basic weapons + slightly improved armour. Costs Faction leader XXX gold and resources
Tier2: basic weapons + average armour

any good/stronger weapons would require an engineer

etc etc

the faction leader pays so many resources and so much gold to give his men better starting weapons on death.
this makes it more important for faction leaders to set up an economy as these upgrades would be very expensive. think of it like when a recruit joins the army, he would be given basic weaponry so he would fit the fighting style of the other men, giving a guy a spear when hes a unit of archers for example wouldnt work :P
hmm... sounds like "grind with your faction for a long time, than upgrade, than be better forever" - I don't like it - smells the same as training forever or cRPG... unless I misunderstood your idea :P

IMO more P2P interaction = more communication = more RP. Engineers making nearly all equipment for soldiers from resources gathered by serfs is good, and shouldn't be interrupted by any "buying/gaining items or resources from environment"

EDIT: nearly forget suggestion :P
1. Maybe add recipe to props display? It would be much easier for newbies than searching forum or asking in game.
2. If above isn't possible, could you send me part of the code so I can extract all recipes? You could spend saved time on more important things.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:06:16 PM by CalenLoki »
In pace forum leones, in bello warband cervi...
Patrick Tamir O'Shawarashtahan. Leader of the Irish Republican Mujahedin.
:D :lol:

Corsair831

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • WF&S
« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
banditry is just plain ridiculously impossible, i played for 4 hours without managing to get a bow, a 2h weapon, or anything. we start with clubs and knives that bounce off basic chain mail and we're getting constantly randomed. It's Ridiculous.

The head assassin said later that he had looked into the eyes of many men, who, obviously, were very near death, but he had never looked into eyes that were so clearly and unmistakably looking back at him from the slopes of Hell.  - T Pratchett

Joshly

• Squire
  • What's this NW thing anyway?
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Joshly, Kartoffeln
  • WB
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2011, 04:22:37 PM »
banditry is just plain ridiculously impossible, i played for 4 hours without managing to get a bow, a 2h weapon, or anything. we start with clubs and knives that bounce off basic chain mail and we're getting constantly randomed. It's Ridiculous.

to top it off when anyone goes bandit people just start camping the spawn, rendering you without money. Also the bandit classes buyable in the tower do not benefit at all, as you spawn with items that would consist of a peasant, actually peasants are better armed than you. Its also a bit silly how a guy wearing chainmail can out run me on foot, so not only do you get killed on spawn, you get run down when you try to run away.

While I support the good side of having bandits KOS, it just encourages randoming. Corsair and I have tried our best, even surrendering as bandits, but 90% of server population doesn't even know what RP is. I see admins running around on fast horses giving themselves gold, but I have yet to see any of them use it for "good".

I really like this mod, and I really hope some of these problems can be addressed in the upcoming weeks.