OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Rus Armour Pack (updated 04/25/11)

Users who are viewing this thread

Download --> Narf's Rus Armour Pack <-- here

A small open source (no permission required, just give credit) model and texture pack containing some pieces of medieval Rus armour. All the pieces are from historical (I hope) sources, from around the 11th-14th centuries. 

Included:

Footwear:
- ankle boots
- cavalry boots
- splinted greaves

Body Armour
- lamellar (2 variations)
- scale
- kuyak (2 variations)

Helms:
- Tagancha style (2 variations)
- Novogrod style
- Nikol'skii style
- Gnezdovo style (2 variations)
- one other earlier sphero-conical helm I have no particular name for
- Kipchak-influenced masked helm

If any savvy Russian speaker with a good grasp of medieval armour feels like revising the nomenclature for these items, I'd be happy to give them proper names.

The file also contains 2 text files, with module system lines as well as item_kinds1 lines.

Beautiful!  Is it ok if (with credit of course) I use this in my mod?

Merlkir said:
Now get this in mah Vikingr!

As Narf has said, some of it is. The rest is a century beyond what we would be able to use *ideally*... Awesome work Narf, absolutely beautiful!

Turanien said:
Merlkir said:

As Narf has said, some of it is. The rest is a century beyond what we would be able to use *ideally*... Awesome work Narf, absolutely beautiful!
You can sacrefice some historical accuracy for a huge piece of epicness. I don't think anybody would mind.

trueten said:
Turanien said:
Merlkir said:

You can sacrefice some historical accuracy for a huge piece of epicness. I don't think anybody would mind.

:lol:

Don't tempt us!

phoenixguard09 said:
Right I put them in but you're missing the horsetail texture. :wink:  Just thought I'd let you know that it appears to be missing.

Thanks for sharing mate.

Cheers,

There are two helms; one with the horsetail and one without.

Back
Top Bottom