{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

Son0fApollo said:
squint_pr0 said:
King Berend said:
I don't wanna disapoint you but there is already a scene for empty 50... "Falheim"
but you can just change it with another empt scene :mrgreen:

greetz, Berend
King Berend said:
this look so awesome :shock:

I think Scaedumar means: hacked from god's PC

greetz, Berend :wink:
King Berend said:
can you add the double garrison to all mods without copying their original trooptree?
cause if it is, its awesome :cool:

greetz, berend
King Berend said:
HULKSMASH said:
I'm using tweak four, it is a good realistic amount of blood.
There's no way you can normally produce enough blood for #5.

maybe thats true,

greetz, Berend
King Berend said:
nice work HLM  :grin:
I have tested Falheim and it's great  :cool:
I can't find anymore bugs or glitches or other stuff like that
so keep up the good work

PS: I'm gonna make a scene to0 I hope you will like it :mrgreen:

greets, Berend
King Berend said:
here it is a new settlement
I tought lets keep it short so just download this file: "http://rapidshare.com/files/357135344/scn_custom_settlement_e2m2_30.sco"
that's the download link.
have fun with it  :mrgreen:

greetz, Berend

BTW: it coppies EMPTOOR
King Berend said:
OSP patch is already in the game guy :razz:
and the version that you have downloaded is for custom settlements 0.67 and not for 0.675
so if you have a back up you must place it back
and when you don't just download custom settlements 0.675 again.

greetz, Berend

BTW: I'm twelve and I know more than you think! :mrgreen:
King Berend said:
there are no slave drivers or hunters in custom settlements..... :???:
but in a castle town you can set a steward.
and you can ask the steward for patrols  :cool:
and patrols can help you against bandits  :mrgreen:
clear as cristal :wink:

greetz, Berend
King Berend said:
I don't wanna disapoint you but there is already a scene for empty 50... "Falheim"

greetz, Berend
King Berend said:
hey guys I'm new to M&B scene making
but I have build a scene and I think it's pretty good
(still needs some progres)
if someone would ask me to post screenshots I will post some :grin:
btw the scene is "emptoor"

cheers, Berend

What?

Turn off swearfilter :razz:

Golradir said:
Son0fApollo said:
squint_pr0 said:
King Berend said:

greetz, Berend
King Berend said:
this look so awesome :shock:

I think Scaedumar means: hacked from god's PC

greetz, Berend :wink:
King Berend said:
can you add the double garrison to all mods without copying their original trooptree?
cause if it is, its awesome :cool:

greetz, berend
King Berend said:
HULKSMASH said:
I'm using tweak four, it is a good realistic amount of blood.
There's no way you can normally produce enough blood for #5.

maybe thats true,

greetz, Berend
King Berend said:
nice work HLM  :grin:
I have tested Falheim and it's great  :cool:
I can't find anymore bugs or glitches or other stuff like that
so keep up the good work

PS: I'm gonna make a scene to0 I hope you will like it :mrgreen:

greets, Berend
King Berend said:
here it is a new settlement
I tought lets keep it short so just download this file: "http://rapidshare.com/files/357135344/scn_custom_settlement_e2m2_30.sco"
that's the download link.
have fun with it  :mrgreen:

greetz, Berend

BTW: it coppies EMPTOOR
King Berend said:
OSP patch is already in the game guy :razz:
and the version that you have downloaded is for custom settlements 0.67 and not for 0.675
so if you have a back up you must place it back
and when you don't just download custom settlements 0.675 again.

greetz, Berend

BTW: I'm twelve and I know more than you think! :mrgreen:
King Berend said:
there are no slave drivers or hunters in custom settlements..... :???:
but in a castle town you can set a steward.
and you can ask the steward for patrols  :cool:
and patrols can help you against bandits  :mrgreen:
clear as cristal :wink:

greetz, Berend
King Berend said:

greetz, Berend
King Berend said:
hey guys I'm new to M&B scene making
but I have build a scene and I think it's pretty good
(still needs some progres)
if someone would ask me to post screenshots I will post some :grin:
btw the scene is "emptoor"

cheers, Berend

What?

Turn off swearfilter :razz:

lol that would help.

Was good to see decent native battle numbers last night.  Lots o fun.  Goris playing as a blind albino cave salamander seemed a waste of his usual capacity to kill.  Ever noticed how archers develop dead souless eyes over time?

While we are on the topic of numbers I think I will add my two cents here.  It is sad when you log on and there so few players on the Aus servers.  The problem, I think, is that we are not retaining new players.  Warband is not like it was when we were starting.  The learning curve on Aus servers is much larger these days and the community has degenerated into a set of impenetrable cliques.  There is not much that can be done about the learning curve but there are things that can be done about the cliques.

Some new players don't want to join clans while others might want to get good before doing it.  The holier-than-thou attitude of some cliques and clans can only make new players feel excluded and that cases people away.  I think it's time that the cliques and clans stop imposing their will on all the other players.  You have your ideas of how the game should be played and others have theirs.  Stop acting like you own the place just because you have been around for years or because you put an acronym in front of your name.  Yes, I know most clanners are not like this; most are well behaved.

It might feel rewarding in the short-term to kick-vote (to team up against) that annoying archer or cav, or Geralt when he's drunk and acts like a **** but, in the long run you just empty out servers and people start leaving permanently because there aren't enough players.

To summarize my rant I think it is sufficient to remember what Jesus said, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".  Thank you for listening.

I think one of the big issues, is no one takes it serious anymore. I am guilty of this. When I play Warband (which is slowly becoming less and less), I usually just **** around and have no desire to improve, and while I can't speak for anyone but myself, I think this attitude has seeped into many a person. A few months back, when the clans were upcoming and scrims were being turned into a regular thing, I was having some of the most fun in my time playing the game. But then that, all of a sudden, just died. A few of those new clans disbanded, the tournament went south and I was left with a "Eh, **** it" mentality. It seemed like the community was really improving and the competitiveness of the clans was slowly returning (which I was looking forward to, as I unfortunately started playing after Warband's golden days). Now we have the aftermath of it all: low numbers on the servers, a lot of insulting and frustration and it leading to people leaving after a few rounds (another thing I've been guilty of lately).

I want to see this game rise up again, in a competitive yet friendly manner, though to be brutally honest, I'm not even sure it's possible at this point. As you said, Dread, most new players don't stick around and quite a few of the veteran/regular players either don't take it seriously or barely play. It's a shame, really. 

Some play for the competitiveness, some play for the community, some just want to muck around and some just like to bash peoples heads in with a sharp stick because they aren't allowed to do it IRL.  In a larger continent different servers could cater to different niches.  Here it all has to fit in on the same server or we become too divided. 

My thought is that if there were a clear schedule of what is acceptable when, then things would go more smoothly.  Right now on public servers we have to decide what rules to play by from scratch every day, which leads to arguing and bickering.  I'll admit I know nothing of server administration; I am just talking.

I don't think insulting is always bad.  Some of us enjoy that part of the game.  Well, I have gone too far at times it will try to show more restraint (for the sake of numbers).  It would be dull if it were all friendly and civilized.  It is after all a game about bashing peoples heads in with sharp sticks.

LCC has only very recently started the native events as God mentioned. They've had native events months in the past, but they weren't all that friendly to newer players. They mainly consisted of duel tournaments and PW4 shield battles, which a new person may not make the trouble to get involved in.

Things may start to improve. These native events seem to be happening a lot but it's hard to tell if it helps. At least they will be easy for new players to get involved with and see the potential of the game.

Clans come and go, and the ones that are made up of and led by a relatively new player last for a month at the most it seems. There's been some merging of the remainders of those clans, and SPQRL are one that may be active for a while. Another new clan called Ymen claim to have 20+ players, but only 6 or so have ever turned up to a scrim and even without a leader. HoG and TGD are active, but Aoi seems to be dwindling. PoY may be a new challenger.

Massing together new players in a clan doesn't work, so experienced players should start joining up or creating some. People probably look at it as a waste of time, hopefully they can be convinced otherwise.

In others news, HoG turns 1 year old on the 9th. So we aren't all that old, I think.

pewpew said:
Nor can I stand the players.

Yeah, I kept getting kicked from the GA servers, mainly filled with newer players. It seems once you reach a certain height players would rather kick you then try and compete. Hence why I and a few others think the anonymous polls should be removed and you should be shown the names of who submitted the polls like on GoN. This would help a little with avoiding the spamming of polls as they so often occur on GA.

While the enjoyment level and mystery of revealing pollers is removed, it would probably be for the best. Though I doubt it would stop serious pollers, just the jokey ones (such as myself - ahem..).

A lot of kick polls are simply done in jest, in a jokingly manner. Since there is no repercussion to being kicked, you can just immediately re-enter the server in a matter of seconds. So it's a minor frustration at best. Unless it's done repeatedly over and over.. That's too much.

Back
Top Bottom