Author Topic: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?  (Read 9090 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Esion

  • Recruit
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« on: February 25, 2011, 10:51:36 PM »
I need Pendor Knights to get Order of the Falcon knights, but I can't upgrade my Pendor units to Pendor Knight. IS there a special way to get them that I'm missing?

noosers

  • Grandmaster Knight
  • *
  • Farewell, Fawzia
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • M&BWB
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:56:01 PM »
Your friend, Esion:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151074.0.html

It pays to check the sticky threads carefully.

Esion

  • Recruit
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:26:40 PM »
Instead of taking the time to type all that, copy & paste the link to a thread, and type some more, you could have answered my question. I'm going to restate the question. I have been able to recruit Empire Noblemen and turn them all the way to Empire Knights. What I don't understand is what I need to do to receive the Pendor equivalent of an Empire Nobleman so that I may train him into a Pendor Knight. An answer instead of a link would be appreciated.

Gulatr

  • Squire
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Gultar
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:57:51 AM »
FAQ - page 3

#6 Read it!

you have been given the answer, or are you to lazy to follow the link?!

Esion

  • Recruit
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 01:04:30 AM »
Alright I guess I'm going to ask this again. I already have the ability to train Empire Noblemen. I need the Pendor equivalent. Is there any way to do that if I can ALREADY train the Empire side of the tree.

tbj28

  • Knight
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Einar
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 01:21:01 AM »
Esion man, the answer to your question is in the link. The FAQ is there for a reason so MODS dont get overrun with the same questions 100 times each day.

Esion

  • Recruit
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 01:55:51 AM »
I'm sorry, but I've read the FAQ and that's why I responded a little rudely to the first comment. I just don't understand, therefore, the question. I'm not understanding why everyone just keeps saying to read that same FAQ over and over. I get it. The answer is in there. Unfortunately, I don't understand what the answer is. It says I have an 80% chance of getting empire noble recruits from my towns. First of all, I never get Noble recruits from towns, only my castle. Second, I have NEVER gotten a Pendor Noble recruit. I'm on day 370+ so there's no way I haven't hit that 20%. Therefore, I must be missing something. Thus my question.

Coopels

  • Sergeant
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Tuon
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 02:08:48 AM »
It seems to me that since you've already been recruiting Empire noblemen then you're either part of the Empire or have adopted the Empire's culture for your own kingdom. One of these must be true in order to recruit Empire noblemen.

If you're simply part of the Empire then the only way you'll ever be able to recruit Pendor noblemen is to break away from the Empire, form your own kingdom and choose Pendor as your culture (You won't be able to recruit Empire noblemen anymore). If you already have your own kingdom with an Empire culture then i'm pretty sure it's impossible for you to recruit Pendor nobles now.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 02:10:54 AM by Coopels »

Esion

  • Recruit
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 03:50:07 AM »
I don't remember choosing the Empire as my culture. I have my own kingdom. I'm assuming I must have chosen Empire as my culture when I started my kingdom? If that's the case, then I have to abandon the kingthood order that I started and try to get one that requires Empire Knights? I upgraded my Order of the Falcon Knights like....5 times or so? So they're ridiculous, but now I can't really have them? So will I get murdered by them?

Coopels

  • Sergeant
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Tuon
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 04:17:27 AM »
If you've been recruiting Empire Noblemen through your steward then you must have pick Empire for your culture. Seems like your only option is to either take Cez or Janos for their existing Empire knighthood orders or to abandon yours like you said and use another Qualis gem. The good news is that Order of the Falcon isn't an established order so you shouldn't run across them while playing once you get rid of your order. If you do keep them they'll periodically spawn small parties around your city which are slightly useful in keeping bandits away i guess. In any case, I don't think there is a way for you to get Pendor Noblemen.

Yozzer

  • Knight at Arms
  • *
  • Yes I really look like this
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • M&BWBWF&S
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 10:23:26 AM »
In my last game, I chose Pendor and had nobleman from my steward, but to be honest, they died just the same as other Knights. I have tried various knighthood orders, and have taken over a few castles and towns with established orders which enables you to get a variety of Knights. There is a thread about the best Knighthood orders and which have what abilities, but it depends what you want them for, ranged, charge, fast, tough, in fact a pretty good mix.
Either way, imho, it seems a big step to get rid of your tuned up Falcon Knights to get Pendor ones, but of course it is up to you.
Have fun  8-)

tbj28

  • Knight
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Einar
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
To get Pendor units he have to lose all of the belongings of hes current kingdom and retake em to get pendor units. Tho weather he wants to do that is really up to him....

SomeRandomEvilGuy

  • Veteran
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »
It says I have an 80% chance of getting empire noble recruits from my towns.
No it doesn't. It says you have an 80% chance of getting Empire Recruits. Not Nobles, just the lowest tier you can recruit from villages and the like. 20% of the time you should get Pendor units from your villages.

And yeah, if you have your own kingdom you can't change your culture. But it's not that bad, Immortals and Shadow Legion Centurions perform very well.
"The same hammer that shatters the glass, forges the steel" - Russian Proverb

blackitalian

  • Sergeant at Arms
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »
i know it may have seemed obvious to others but im glad he asked the question. i too thought noble recruits would follow the same 80-20% split. as i plan on getting ebony gauntlet troops, i now know i have to go pendor. thank you for saving me from future frustration.

Esion

  • Recruit
  • *
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
Re: Quick question: How do I get Pendor Knights?
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »
Damn, I wish the "Choose your culture" question had bold font or something. It's kind of a big decision then. I only picked the Order of the Falcon knights because it was the only option. I then proceeded to upgrade them like crazy thinking I'll be able to get Pendor Knights easily, not even thinking. I guess I'm going to drop the knighthood and try to establish another one. Thanks for the help guys.