SP Medieval Musket Era The War Of The Roses - Developing

Should This Mod Contain Early Gunpowder Weapons (Guns)

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Cdt_William

Recruit
RECRUITING, PLEASE APPLY.

The War Of The Roses

"England hath long been mad, and scarr’d herself:
The brother blindly shed the brother’s blood;
The father rashly slaughter’d his own son;
The son, compell’d, been butcher to the sire.
All this divided York and Lancaster..."

William Shakespeare, Richard III​

220px-MS_Ghent_-_Battle_of_Tewkesbury.jpg
Battle of Tewkesbury

History

The Middle Ages encompass one of the most exciting periods in English History. One of the most important historical events of the Medieval era is the Wars of the Roses.  What were the key dates of this famous historical event? What were the names of the Medieval people who were involved in this historical occasion? Interesting facts and information about the Wars of the Roses are detailed below.

What were the Wars of the Roses?
The Wars of the Roses were intermittent civil wars fought by members of the House of Lancaster and the House of York. Both houses were branches of the Plantagenet royal house, tracing their descent from King Edward III.

What was the cause of the Wars of the Roses?
The rivalry between the house of York and the House of Lancaster started when King Richard II was overthrown by his cousin, Henry Bolingbroke, Duke of Lancaster, in 1399. But the Wars of the Roses actually began on May 22, 1455 with First Battle of St Albans when Richard, Duke of York and his ally, Richard, Earl of Warwick defeated the Lancastrians under Edmund Beaufort who was killed. York captured Henry VI.

Why were they called the Wars of the Roses?
The White Rose was the symbol of Yorkist supporters who opposed the rival House of Lancaster, whose symbol was the Red Rose of Lancaster. The opposition of the two parties, symbolised by the red and white roses gave the wars their name - the Wars of the Roses. The Wars of the Roses ended with King Henry VII who started the Tudor dynasty and symbolically united the White and Red Roses to create the Tudor Rose.

House of Lancaster:
Henry IV ("Bolingbroke," son of the Duke of Lancaster), 1399-1413.
Henry V (son of Henry IV), 1413-1422.
Henry VI (son of Henry V, deposed), 1422-1471.

House of York:
Edward IV (son of duke of York), 1461-1483.
Edward V (son of Edward IV), 1483.
Richard III ("Crookback," brother of Edward IV) 1483-1485

Team

Weapon Modelling: Needed
Armour & Other Modeller: Needed
Scene Mapper & Animator: Needed
Coder: Needed
Other Various Positions: Needed

NOTE: Both houses looked basically the same other than color and Livery

Progress

York:
200px-White_Rose_Badge_of_York.svg.png

Lancaster:
200px-Red_Rose_Badge_of_Lancaster.svg.png

Sigs

YorkSig.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z424/robbitt/YorkSig.jpg.

LancasterSig.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z424/robbitt/LancasterSig.jpg

Which Will You Pick?

@Turanien- Thank you i do too.

@Nelson- Thank you as well, we hopefully will but it looks like that mod it one of the early wars whilst ours will be set later (and include guns)

@Lueii- thank you, can we use your mod's bill polearm and some armor? they are very nice.

@Copywright- the only weapons needed at the moment would be the hand gun and longbow. Pm me if you want to help.

Epic necro. Anything past page three I refuse to post in. Just a good rule of thump atleast in the pioneers guild.

MadVader said:
By the looks of it, they are ready to release.
If only it was so...  :cry:
I love the WotR game a lot and have always wanted a Warband singleplayer campaign with the same style. Some of the available OSP looks so good that it appears that Fatshark just copy pasted the OSP into their game.  :lol:
I guess the really tough thing to do would be to make the campaign feel like the actual war and not just a map of England split into two factions.

Back
Top Bottom