SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I do have a lot of ideas planned for the game so I'm not too fond on taking new tasks until SOD's core mechanics are fully in-game. I'm also on standby until the release of SOD Gold 5.0 is released. Any Suggestions you may have for me you can post them here.

For a complete list of current features and upcoming features check this link Sword of Damocles - Features List

Current posted suggestions list:

1) make lords stronger
2) add diplomacy (based on it :p) auto loot, combat mini map ,PBOD, motomataru"s formations,...
3) ask travelers about companions you haven't met yet and add more travelers and ransom brokers
4) reduce the number of towns (ow come on :s)
5) send a spy to open a main gate
6) custom buildings in villages for building you build.
7) more siege ladders
8 ) import export npcs
9) make legion bigger but hated by all
10) re-balance and remodel armors
11) make firearms take more damage ...
12) ad a road system and roads (like total war)
13) add bridges
14) change the colors of Aden
15) make ale and wine consumable
16) make it so that you can also attack imperial towns in begin
17) more bandits or increases spawn frequency
1:cool: when you join a faction recruit the units from that faction and not your homeland recruits
19) fix the black heraldic armor back which looks like leather
20) new buildings
21) multiplayer
22) more npc's
23) hire mercenaries
24) spear bracing
25) make some weapons have pole-arms functions
26) port the normal sod
27) add enable cheat menu to the camp menu
2:cool: get rid of the guns
29) custom banners
30) diplomacy popups in minimized window with rest of the test.
31) a loot all option
32) recruit entire group of units instead of one per time
33) economy bases quests (check page 9 for more info)
34) have certain buildings increase town caravan strength
35) make throwing daggers have a melee form
36) make king of Antarians a grand paladin or something like that
37) make the party size of regiments depending on the first units leadership skill (perhaps only noble units)
3:cool: hold shield and bow at the same time
39) a small shield with a hidden crossbow inside

to be continued from page 10 and further.

edited by manekemaan to add the features link.
edited again by manekemaan to add the suggestion list.

infinitegamer said:
Please give lords like, 100 hp more and kings 150. And also +2 strength or something. They should be harder to be killed :grin:

I'll be solving the weak lord issue, the thing is that as soon as the better armors were released like Plate armor a majority of the higher ups were weaker. Most lords will have an complete makeover.

I hope they will be getting higher hp, That would make them harder.

Also, could you try (Could be a hard one) To make bullets penetrate wooden shields? Since i'm getting blocked :grin:

Heh, it would be definately kewl if a future release would feature duel of epic proportions (like "Revenge of the Berserk" mod, though staying on ground-level :wink: ). With foes who have 150-200 HP and armor values over 100.

I, for one, have many ideas regarding many aspects of the game, but until SOD v5.0 comes out I don't think there will be much time to work on them...

Some rough sketches:

At a time we were planning nobles/faith troops for the native Calradian kingdoms, but the limitations of vanilla MnB got in the way. In Warband, featuring such units should be no big deal.

More importantly, Calradians should have their own religious institutions (churches, sects, etc). The Player's choice of religion should influence diplomacy to some degree; ie, Swadian religion could be similar to the SOD religion of 'The One' -> +5 starting relation with Swadia, but -5 with, say, Vaegirs because of religious differences.

The player should also be able to receive quests from Calradian churches and thus earn relation points with the given Calradian kingdom; ie, hunt down heretics in return of increased relation, renown and some denars.

Diplomacy should also play a significantly greater role. It should be easy to anger other factions, and sometimes they could/should even team up against you, but at the same time it should also be easier to earn alliance with others. Tributes, trading alliances, peace treaties, military pacts, etc. - all are needed for a good medieval court drama.

MorrisB said:
Heh, it would be definately kewl if a future release would feature duel of epic proportions (like "Revenge of the Berserk" mod, though staying on ground-level :wink: ). With foes who have 150-200 HP and armor values over 100.

I, for one, have many ideas regarding many aspects of the game, but until SOD v5.0 comes out I don't think there will be much time to work on them...

Some rough sketches:

At a time we were planning nobles/faith troops for the native Calradian kingdoms, but the limitations of vanilla MnB got in the way. In Warband, featuring such units should be no big deal.

More importantly, Calradians should have their own religious institutions (churches, sects, etc). The Player's choice of religion should influence diplomacy to some degree; ie, Swadian religion could be similar to the SOD religion of 'The One' -> +5 starting relation with Swadia, but -5 with, say, Vaegirs because of religious differences.

The player should also be able to receive quests from Calradian churches and thus earn relation points with the given Calradian kingdom; ie, hunt down heretics in return of increased relation, renown and some denars.

Diplomacy should also play a significantly greater role. It should be easy to anger other factions, and sometimes they could/should even team up against you, but at the same time it should also be easier to earn alliance with others. Tributes, trading alliances, peace treaties, military pacts, etc. - all are needed for a good medieval court drama.

I agree with you.

Just took my first look at this mod, and I liked it  :smile: Great job

Do you guys have any plans on implementing mini/sub mods to SoD? (Diplomacy, auto loot, pre-battle orders, combat minimap etc etc...) kinda used to them after playing Floris so long  :lol:

AkuArmoton said:
Just took my first look at this mod, and I liked it  :smile: Great job

Do you guys have any plans on implementing mini/sub mods to SoD? (Diplomacy, auto loot, pre-battle orders, combat minimap etc etc...) kinda used to them after playing Floris so long  :lol:

Diplomacy is in the mod, in the future I'll put in the Pre-battle orders mod when it's done. I might do the battle mini map but it's not for certain. As far as Autoloot goes I'm not to sure. It was disabled in diplomacy from what I understand.

HunterAlpha1 said:
maybe, since the map is so huge you can ask travelers where a companion is and they can tell you the location of a random companion.

When I get the chance more heroes will be added I want at least 32 in total...

I'm new to SoD since I was too ascared to try it in the days of "ROMAN D-DAY INVASION"  :shock:, but I was wondering if you've redesigned the vanilla faction's rosters in their style/approach and if not, would be open to recommendations?

Sahran, a LOT has changed since v4.1 ya know... I don't know how frequently you visited the SOD subforum, but ever since v4.5 GOLD the Imperial Legion had a complete re-design. They still look roman-like, but also with greek/far-eastern elements, have expanded troop tree, noble troops, and they have unique mercenaries by their side as well.

And that's how they will stay. At least in the vanilla MnB port of SOD. If we're going to have an Invasion in SOD: Warlords, we can figure things out for ourselves (in fact I have some concept plans, but it is up to Computica and Cyclohexane if they think it's good). Of course, we are open to suggestions, but if I may ask you, if you have recommendations/questions about this, please send me a PM :wink:

Will you add motomataru's formations + Caba`drin's Pre-Battle Order and Deployment kit?
My Marinians lack discipline. Polearm wielders are much more efficient when in a tight group.
Right now, the standard Warband "formation" can be easily broken through with a cavalry charge. However, with those mods installed, my Marinians would form a slow, but deadly phalanx and stop all cavalry charges. Besides, the formation kit automatically groups your men in groups: 1 for infantry, 1 for cavalry and 1 for archers. This makes the start of battles easier as you don't have to manage too much until your men are ready.

Bismarck said:
Will you add motomataru's formations + Caba`drin's Pre-Battle Order and Deployment kit?
My Marinians lack discipline. Polearm wielders are much more efficient when in a tight group.
Right now, the standard Warband "formation" can be easily broken through with a cavalry charge. However, with those mods installed, my Marinians would form a slow, but deadly phalanx and stop all cavalry charges. Besides, the formation kit automatically groups your men in groups: 1 for infantry, 1 for cavalry and 1 for archers. This makes the start of battles easier as you don't have to manage too much until your men are ready.

As far as modifying the actual battle mechanics of the game right now no. It's still to early to do so. All lot of the items from SOD Gold haven't been balanced out. As soon as those are we can start on Balancing out troops and I can semi add the Melee packages after that. When we balance out the troops multiplayer development will start. The PBOD mod is a must but until it is fully matured will I add it in-game.

Hi having a problem finding poets or ashiks to teach my love poems.... i used the cheat so i can hop around the map.  visited atleast 30 cities and have not found one.

toresque said:
Hi having a problem finding poets or ashiks to teach my love poems.... i used the cheat so i can hop around the map.  visited atleast 30 cities and have not found one.

I had stumbled upon some CC code that made more poets spawn in towns, I probably put that in the game then.

Sahran said:
I'm new to SoD since I was too ascared to try it in the days of "ROMAN D-DAY INVASION"  :shock:, but I was wondering if you've redesigned the vanilla faction's rosters in their style/approach and if not, would be open to recommendations?
I'm sorry, something inside me just wants to tear your heart out. There's no such word as ascared. For some reason, people use it interchangeably with afraid but it's not the same f*cking thing. Again: ASCARED ISN'T A WORD! F*ck... why even put the extra 'a'

Please tell anyone else you know that says 'ascared' to go die.

Sorry for raging, I just get extremely aggravated when reading or hearing people type/say that. I'll think of something to go in here to compensate for my outburst.

Computica said:
toresque said:

I had stumbled upon some CC code that made more poets spawn in towns, I probably put that in the game then.
...and more travelers, ransom brokers, etc.

Back
Top Bottom