Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

ThayldDrekka said:
Install Instructions:
1. Just move the "SOD_TC V2.4" folder into Mount & Blade: Warbands Module  Folder.
2. After that you can start up M&B Warband and select the mod in the drop down menu.

I dont have a Module Folder, thats my problem, im trying to find out where its supposed to be, and whats supposed to be in it.
Your directory should look something like this:
C:\...\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\
-OR-
C:\...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\

I have 2 mount&Blade folders thats it, one is Mount&Blade Warband, the other is Mount&Blade Warband Savegames, I dont have a modules folder anywhere. I thought my modules folder might have been the savegames one, because its got a folder called native in it.

Edit: Nevermind found it

Is there a way we can modify the max number of parties ourselves? I tried the TweakMB tool but the options to change the max number of parties in the map is greyed out. It's set to 120 I believe? That's wayyy to much IMO I think it's also 128 PER type of party (bandits, steppe, raiders, looters, etc)

:Edit:

Oh wait the 120 is the max party size (troop count? right) The Max # of parties in the map is greyed out and is listing 0 for everything. That's the option I'm hoping to change.

reiks said:
Is there a way we can modify the max number of parties ourselves? I tried the TweakMB tool but the options to change the max number of parties in the map is greyed out. It's set to 120 I believe? That's wayyy to much IMO I think it's also 128 PER type of party (bandits, steppe, raiders, looters, etc)

:Edit:

Oh wait the 120 is the max party size (troop count? right) The Max # of parties in the map is greyed out and is listing 0 for everything. That's the option I'm hoping to change.
Why not use the troop edit program to do so? If you open up the parties.txt file your self and change the correct number you can do it that way. Just so you know I don't use any programs to help me with directly editing the game.

what line am I suppose to be looking at

example

1 646 646 p_steppe_bandit_spawn_point the_steppes 1280 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 10.072400 89.391000 10.072400 89.391000 10.072400 89.391000 0.0 1 331 15 0 0

reiks said:
what line am I suppose to be looking at

example

1 646 646 p_steppe_bandit_spawn_point the_steppes 1280 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 10.072400 89.391000 10.072400 89.391000 10.072400 89.391000 0.0 1 331 15 0 0
Use troop edit to change the party sizes.

I dont need or want to change the party size, I want to change the NUMBER of current parties that has spawned and will spawn, that's the limit I want to change. Not the Party Size.

Example:

Looter (16)  ---> This means that A looter party has 16 members.  ---> I don't need to change that, this is what you are referring to.

What I want to change is the number of Looter (and all the other bandit) Parties that can be spawned on the map.

Example

10 Looter Parties Maximum
5 Bandit Parties Maximum
15 Headhunter Parties Maximum

reiks said:
I dont need or want to change the party size, I want to change the NUMBER of current parties that has spawned and will spawn, that's the limit I want to change. Not the Party Size.

Example:

Looter (16)  ---> This means that A looter party has 16 members.  ---> I don't need to change that, this is what you are referring to.

What I want to change is the number of Looter (and all the other bandit) Parties that can be spawned on the map.

Example

10 Looter Parties Maximum
5 Bandit Parties Maximum
15 Headhunter Parties Maximum

Oh! That's actually something I have to change. Are there too many spawning on the map for you?

Yes, they are all even clustered with each other specially in the area around Aden and Villianese borders, farmers cant even walk freely around areas where they spawn and they gang up on patrols every now and then.

reiks said:
Yes, they are all even clustered with each other specially in the area around Aden and Villianese borders, farmers cant even walk freely around areas where they spawn and they gang up on patrols every now and then.

Have you tried checking for any bandit camps in the area. That is most likely the problem. For me I just couldn't find enough bandits to attack. It made grinding at low level a pain in the ass.

Jammen690 said:
reiks said:

Have you tried checking for any bandit camps in the area. That is most likely the problem. For me I just couldn't find enough bandits to attack. It made grinding at low level a pain in the ass.
Jammen690 is correct. There are more bandit lairs spawned so that could be the root of the problem.

HopeSlayer said:
okay, I have a question that may in fact be frequently asked.

Can the mod get any better?

:cool:

That is all.
Yes I believe it can. The sheer awesomeness potential of this mod is limitless. I just wish i had some moding skills so i could help.

Jammen690 said:
HopeSlayer said:

That is all.
Yes I believe it can. The sheer awesomeness potential of this mod is limitless. I just wish i had some moding skills so i could help.

Yeah that's the thing, this mod can get much better than it already is. The mod is still in it's infant stages. Meaning it's at a point where we can expect and play cool things but it's obvious the mod hasn't started to mature yet.

Computica said:
Jammen690 said:
HopeSlayer said:

That is all.

Yeah that's the thing, this mod can get much better than it already is. The mod is still in it's infant stages. Meaning it's at a point where we can expect and play cool things but it's obvious the mod hasn't started to mature yet.
Regardless, even at the stage that it is at now it is still better then most other mods out there. GJ.

Jammen690 said:
Computica said:
Jammen690 said:
HopeSlayer said:

That is all.

Regardless, even at the stage that it is at now it is still better then most other mods out there. GJ.
Thank you Jammen! :smile: I really appreciate that. I guess I feel that way because I know I have a lot of plans and ideas for the mod which I haven't done just yet. Now that population is in and working I'm complete changing the way Mercenaries are contracted from SOD Gold. I want each one to be more like a Private Military Company. I'd like for each mercenary to have a direct relationship with there clients this time. It's just that figuring out how to implement that can take some time.

plus ya have an awesome community behind ya..

+ that private military company idea (PMC) is an awesome idea

I wanna make one! and loot stuff and kill random people and disregard the law... I think I will call it .. Blackwater.

zing? lol

How can I look at my Right to Rule?

My wife says it's low, but I don't know where I can go to see how low it actually is. I checked under the character report and it is not there.

t11 said:
How can I look at my Right to Rule?

My wife says it's low, but I don't know where I can go to see how low it actually is. I checked under the character report and it is not there.

Report--> Character...

Back
Top Bottom