HELP! Need Taleworlds released 1.011 Patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
PROBLEM SOLVED:

Download here:  M&B Repository

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As many of you know (and many of the forums are unaware), Taleworlds graciously updates Mount&Blade for us adding useful features, increasing stability, and removing bugs. 

Unfortunately, they do not always update the patch #, make available old patches, or release any patch notes.  Quite awhile ago they released a 1.011 patch that removed the 32 troop type limit.  There are tons of threads out there about this and many have screenshots to back it up.  Here is where I learned about it:

You learn something new everyday, a quietly released 1.011 patch?

In an act of kindness I made a post to make people aware of the removal of the 32 troop type limit (to enjoy my mod to maximum extent.)   After a few guys were having problems I downloaded and reinstall to investigate what was wrong.  Only to find out the newest 1.011 patch in Taleworlds Mount&Blade download section now includes the 32 troop type limitation added back in.  Unfortunately I never saved the old installer.  I never thought such a cool feature would be taken out.  I really enjoyed playing with all the variety on the battlefield. 

Can someone with an older 1.011 patch with the troop type limit removed please upload it to a server?

In return I will put it on a mirror to share to give players a choice when playing SoD (I'd change it myself if it was not hardcoded).  I really miss this feature and it ran just as stable as the newer version I am now running. 

Thank you in adivance!

p.s.  In my opinion, this is one of the coolest things to remove.  The mod I am working on, Sword of Damocles has hundreds of troop types in addition to the fact the troop upgrade system is different with more realism (troops upgrade to XP version before upgrading to next tier at a military building).  I plan on upgrading to Warband, but I always like to finish what I start and I wanted a bug free M&B version of Sword of Damocles to play first.  Then I was planning on working on the port. 

Is there no interest in this or is this the wrong forum?

I used the Members button in main menu and then searched based on "Position".  I then sent a PM to every Administrator and Developer about this topic.  I did this a couple days ago and no one has replied to me yet. 

I am hoping that in the process of converting the website to Warband/Mount&Blade that an inferior patch was posted in the link instead of the one I used previously.  I am hoping it was a mistake and not something with ill intentions in order to sell more copies of Warband (which does not have this limitation). 

Anyhow, someone out there has to have a copy of this patch without the troop type limitation.  Please help me find it!

First, I don't remember there was a M&B patch that removed the 32 stacks limit. If there was one, it must have been posted by mistake and only available in a very short time. Second, development of M&B has ended and the Devs are probably quite busy with fixing WB and working on their new stuffs. A patch for M&B would be in the bottom of their to do list. Unless, the fix is extrememly easy and guaranteed bug free.

SPD_Phoenix said:
First, I don't remember there was a M&B patch that removed the 32 stacks limit. If there was one, it must have been posted by mistake and only available in a very short time. Second, development of M&B has ended and the Devs are probably quite busy with fixing WB and working on their new stuffs. A patch for M&B would be in the bottom of their to do list. Unless, the fix is extrememly easy and guaranteed bug free.

I have played this patch personally and if you need visual proof, check out the links I posted which have screenshots. 

Someone has a copy on their harddrive.  Once I get it again (deleted not knowing it would be changed), I'll share it on a server.

Cyclohexane said:
SPD_Phoenix said:

I have played this patch personally and if you need visual proof, check out the links I posted which have screenshots. 

Someone has a copy on their harddrive.  Once I get it again (deleted not knowing it would be changed), I'll share it on a server.

I know. You're right, the famous ninja version exist. I'm uploading it to the Repository right now. It's a little slow. So wait for it. :smile:

• Includes several enhancements respect the older one.
  • Extra languages included (Spanish, Turk,...).
  • Optimized Game Executable (Half of the original size).
  • Removed 32 Troop Type limit.
  • Better Scenes. Repaired some AI meshes.

Kudos to Ar - Adunakhor. He originally uploaded the file to Fileplanet/Gameplanet and was the first one in acknowledge the differences and investigate about.

Swyter said:
Cyclohexane said:
SPD_Phoenix said:

I know. You're right, the famous ninja version exist. I'm uploading it to the Repository right now. It's a little slow. So wait for it. :smile:

• Includes several enhancements respect the older one.
  • Extra languages included (Spanish, Turk,...).
  • Optimized Game Executable (Half of the original size).
  • Removed 32 Troop Type limit.
  • Better Scenes. Repaired some AI meshes.

Kudos to Ar - Adunakhor. He originally uploaded the file to Fileplanet/Gameplanet and was the first one in acknowledge the differences and investigate about.

You live in Houston?  I'll buy you a beer! 

Man, this patch just takes SoD from a fun game to a great game.  To me, micromanaging troops to fit within 32 troop types is above my level of attention.  When you consider the unique way SoD upgrades troops (increases troop types but same gear so no loss in performance), well you just cut your troop types in half, then add in heros...

Please post a link when you are done uploading.  When I get a working copy, I'll fix all the links to point to the correct spot. 

Thank you!!!

p.s. I completely removed the forest lag bug so SoD 5.0 will be extremely smooth.  I doubt the Win7 + ATI card issue is resolved, but the other 85% of the players will enjoy a badass mod.

Cyclohexane said:
You live in Houston?  I'll buy you a beer! 

Man, this patch just takes SoD from a fun game to a great game.  To me, micromanaging troops to fit within 32 troop types is above my level of attention.  When you consider the unique way SoD upgrades troops (increases troop types but same gear so no loss in performance), well you just cut your troop types in half, then add in heros...

Please post a link when you are done uploading.  When I get a working copy, I'll fix all the links to point to the correct spot. 

Thank you!!!

p.s. I completely removed the forest lag bug so SoD 5.0 will be extremely smooth.  I doubt the Win7 + ATI card issue is resolved, but the other 85% of the players will enjoy a badass mod.

Haha, no... but you can send it to Spain by FedEx...
Code:
»http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2595

I'm testing the download right now, but it should work as expected... There's a detailed comparison included in the Repository description.
Enjoy!  :smile:

EDIT: Actually, I've downloaded it and works fine. So feel free to use this download provided by Janus.

Interesting... seems like they "forgot" to apply the software protection on that executable. :eek:

Most of the resource changes are just timestamp changes tho, did a byte-by-byte compare and there are no changes in the .brf or .sco files.
Edit: nevermind, fail comparer. There seem to be quite a lot of changes. Interesting.

cmpxchg8b said:
Interesting... seems like they "forgot" to apply the software protection on that executable. :eek:
Woah! Does this mean you can apply your code-resource-needs measurer to this 1.011 version? :smile:

This can be also the reason they took it down, but then why did not they bring it back up with applied protection? It's a useful patch.

GetAssista said:
cmpxchg8b said:
This can be also the reason they took it down, but then why did not they bring it back up with applied protection? It's a useful patch.

DRM is useless. And is only noticeable and annoying for the legit player. I'm firmly against it.
If people wants to play for free they will do, as much barriers you put between, more fun for the cracker.

The most convincing software protection is giving to the player some unique features as quality multiplayer or online community.
That's for sure the smart approach... If there's someone from Ubisoft here keep writing down!  :razz:

dunde said:
How about old shield skill bug on 1.011? Is it fixed on this patch?

Not sure,
I guess an easy way to test would be to get into a duel with a lord, save game before duel, attack with arrows and see if block, then exit without saving,

hit control+X in character screen to give a bunch of XP, boost shield skill, load game and attack same character, and see if thier shield skill increases. 

I'd be interested in results...

Back
Top Bottom