->Sword of Damocles: Warlords | Download Here!<-

Users who are viewing this thread

Computica said:
shadowarcher said:
Computica said:
shadowarcher said:
Yay i found my castle!  :grin:, awesome map btw.

Cool I'm glad you found it. I'll end up putting other names in the game related to people on the forums who've helped me out with the game. Though they won't be obvious.
I could try and make a banner for you if you want, oh and thanks for putting the castle in the Sarranid faction those guys are easy to wipe out.

LMAO! We plan on balancing the game out for a online multiplayer release so I don't think they'll be easily wiped out for long.
They are still weak anyway, i remember in diplomacy me and 30 Rhodok veterans managed to slaughter an army of 120 Sarranids with only 3 losses, that proves how weak they are.

shadowarcher said:
Computica said:
shadowarcher said:
Computica said:
shadowarcher said:

Cool I'm glad you found it. I'll end up putting other names in the game related to people on the forums who've helped me out with the game. Though they won't be obvious.
I could try and make a banner for you if you want, oh and thanks for putting the castle in the Sarranid faction those guys are easy to wipe out.

LMAO! We plan on balancing the game out for a online multiplayer release so I don't think they'll be easily wiped out for long.
They are still weak anyway, i remember in diplomacy me and 30 Rhodok veterans managed to slaughter an army of 120 Sarranids with only 3 losses, that proves how weak they are.

On what difficulty percentage are you playing on??? Mines is at least 80% difficulty with 300 troops max in battles.

Computica said:
shadowarcher said:
Computica said:
shadowarcher said:
Computica said:
shadowarcher said:

On what difficulty percentage are you playing on??? Mines is at least 80% difficulty with 300 troops max in battles.
I play on medium, and i forgot that i also had 20 Rhodok snipers(or whatever they are called, i haven't played diplomacy in ages) and they where on top of a hill.

shadowarcher said:
Computica said:
shadowarcher said:
Computica said:
shadowarcher said:
Computica said:
shadowarcher said:

I play on medium, and i forgot that i also had 20 Rhodok snipers(or whatever they are called, i haven't played diplomacy in ages) and they where on top of a hill.

What do you think the Sarranids need to make them better?

Computica said:
shadowarcher said:
Computica said:
shadowarcher said:
Computica said:
shadowarcher said:
Computica said:
shadowarcher said:

What do you think the Sarranids need to make them better?
More mail & less cloth, it's because the Sarranid troops mainly consist of cloth armoured peasants that i keep defeating them, if they had more mail/lamellar then it should provide more of a challenge.

p.s i just realised that we are starting a quote pyramid here.

shadowarcher said:
More mail & less cloth, it's because the Sarranid troops mainly consist of cloth armoured peasants that i keep defeating them, if they had more mail/lamellar then it should provide more of a challenge.

p.s i just realized that we are starting a quote pyramid here.
Interesting, I'll think of that when I start balancing the troops. At the moment I'm focused on Balancing out the items.

the sarranids are fine as they are. The mameluke, cheap good heavy cavalry makes up for the lowly armored and sucky infrantery. Their archers get the job done almost as good as the vaegir marksmen. Pls leave them as they are. Try fighting on the hardest lvl, as soon as they run arround with 30 mamelukes even your sharpshooters wont be that sharp.

Played a bit more (still no wars though... but let's see what they do when I take my first castle *g*)
I really like that you added the diplomacy mod. I think the Pre-Battle Orders ( http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142816.0.html ) would be a great addition, too. With PBO you can choose your army composition and starting- orders before each battle, which is a feature that (imho) would fit really good with the extended strategic possibilities SOD5 will bring later on.  :grin:

manekemaan said:
the sarranids are fine as they are. The Mameluke, cheap good heavy cavalry makes up for the lowly armored and sucky infrantery. Their archers get the job done almost as good as the vaegir marksmen. Pls leave them as they are. Try fighting on the hardest lvl, as soon as they run around with 30 mamelukes even your sharpshooters wont be that sharp.

You got a real good point Mane I was thinking the same thing. I'm pretty sure the Sarranids are good as they are.

m4rv` said:
Played a bit more (still no wars though... but let's see what they do when I take my first castle *g*)
I really like that you added the diplomacy mod. I think the Pre-Battle Orders ( http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142816.0.html ) would be a great addition, too. With PBO you can choose your army composition and starting- orders before each battle, which is a feature that (imho) would fit really good with the extended strategic possibilities SOD5 will bring later on.  :grin:

I'm going to release an update patch soon. I was thinking about adding PBOD to the mod but I didn't want to add it until It's finished. Plus we have a lot more features that we have to put in game from SOD still into the current one. So it'll be a while till we do.

kk np and also i was just waiting with ctrl+space got this error message :

script error on opcode 1677: invalid map icon ID: 201: line no 20:
at script: create_kingdom_hero_party (this x5)

manekemaan said:
kk np and also i was just waiting with ctrl+space got this error message :

script error on opcode 1677: invalid map icon ID: 201: line no 20:
at script: create_kingdom_hero_party (this x5)
Yeah I'm pretty sure I fixed that. It was the diplomacy mods confusion with the Auto-Garrison scripts. Plus some of the bandit hero codes had issues which I ended up fixing. I have to make bandit troops for the new six factions...

Hey this is my first time playing SOD so i don't know what to expect.  The map looks great.  Found a couple of oddities that i thought i would mention. 

1.  Almost no bandits about
2.  Trainer skills does not confer experience or at least does not show up visibly at end of the day
3.  There is a giant lance with over 400 reach that cannot be couched

i think you are doing great work hope this helps

toresque said:
Hey this is my first time playing SOD so i don't know what to expect.  The map looks great.  Found a couple of oddities that i thought i would mention. 

2.  Trainer skills does not confer experience or at least does not show up visibly at end of the day

Thank you this info was really helpful, I'm gonna check in on this. I think I'll be able to release the 1st update/patch by tomorrow.

toresque said:

Common sence, a 4 meter lance is actually a pike.

Braxton said:
toresque said:

Common sence, a 4 meter lance is actually a pike.
A lot of problems I'm not able to catch on my own. I'm not able to figure out how the Trainer messages pop up, I think that's something which is hard coded into the game. If you find any oddities with weapons tell me about them, most of them are still directly ported from SOD Gold.
Winterz said:
AWEEEESOME. Finally in warband.

Looking great, keep up with new updates!  :wink:
Thanks, I'm enhancing the Auto-Garrison scripts; I'm making an almost complete overhaul to how they were done before. Plus getting villagers/recruits from villages is handled much more better than most mods. There is going to be a lot of integration with the diplomacy mod.

Winterz said:
By the way, does this SOD have the new (gigantic) map integrated?!

The "Sword of Damocles: Warlords" uses the Ponavosa world map. It takes place 2 generations after the events of the invasion on Calradia.

Edit:
I think the update is ready. I've made a lot of different improvements and a lot of fixes with most of the code. I think I'll go ahead and release it as a patch for the very first release.

Back
Top Bottom