->Sword of Damocles: Warlords | Download Here!<-

Users who are viewing this thread

LibSpit said:
We (Pretty much only computica) are working on the latest version of Sod:W, the reason it has not been updated in so long is that some time ago Computica decided that with what he had learned to date he could do something much better than his original plans, so we took it down to the foundations, decided that the foundations were a bit rubbish and started digging those out too, now we are starting to rebuild the foundation and stick a little cottage on it for everyone to sit in.

ONE thing i want you to "fix" dont allow farmers join a battle from their village, its like a massacre when i attack someone close to a village and 100 farmers join to die... XD

Sure I'll make to not add any of the annoyances from the previous build, originally the villages were supposed to train those farmers into troops to defend the village that the player could also pull troops from. I've gotten rid of the old village, castle, town setup which I felt was too limiting, for the new build.

Are there plans on reviving old troops like the Tusk Rider, Tormenter, and, my favorite, Basilisk Knight? They're in troops.txt after all.

I think these guys were part of the mercs factions right? (it has been so long I can't remember all the names)

But yes, mercs are still in the notepad of plans. We have just got to rebuild everything else before we get back to that point :smile:

:roll: I only have the emoticon to make my eyes dance!

I have an idea, maybe you would like it too:

Start your own kingdom, and after sometime leave the crown to one of your lords, so you can become a "lord" losing all the benefits of being a king, but also winning some time to do your will XD.

Right now in my game iam conquering cities just to increase the happines with the lords, so annoying, and i have to take care of everything :razz:

Another thing that i would like will be an option with your spouse(or money affairs guy) to give gold to your lords(like giving gold to troops) but this way it increases the relationship with all lords(of course it has to be expensive)

Should i post my ideas here, or you have a topic to post them? :razz:

Nope, this was a good place to put them. Actually I wanted the player to be able to give some responsibilities up to his court staff; There's just a lot more coding I have to do to get there. Great idea nonetheless.

As you allow me to put my ideas here, i will put them all(?)

I mean, as i get them from my game--->
Every man has a price, so as every lord, so, if you have high relationship with a lord, and enough money, you can tell him to join you :razz:

Hi, I've got quite insane idea, let's say it would be possible to be hired by any lord and be joined into his party. How would it looks like? Hmm, that's the point, because I think it may bring some troubles while implementing it (assuming it's possible :wink:).
- Speaking of traveling on a adventure map, it could looks like being captured by enemies (eg. when bandits capture you, you travel on adventure map within their party as a slave) but as someone within main 'war' party of that lord. For how long would I be hired? Let's say for a few days, whole week or a month (oh no, no way :wink:), I think it should be choosable.
- Finally speaking of your main party, how it should looks like? It would be good to allow your hero companions to also join with you, and about other troops, they could reinforce your capitol's garrison or be hireable back after speaking to special troop in your capitol's castle (yes, someone who stays in your castle and waits for you to speak with).
Oh, and I almost forgot, what if a lord with which you travel be beaten? Well, you could always be captured with him or you could try at least to explain your situation, that you were hired due to blackmail.
And sorry for huge wall of text :wink:

That is the freelancer mod. (more or less)

It is implemented in many of the mods on the forum, but it's code is (currently) not compatible with this mod, and it probably won't be added as the direction of this mod is different.

At this stage it is too early to tell if anything like this will be added, because there is a 53.2 mile long list of things to do first.

I do not want to spam this site, so here is the link to the freelancer mod
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,174845.0.html(i TOTALLY recommend you it, is a new experience very nice)

And here is a suggestion for the game:
(sry i cant stop my brain, once i see something i like, i want to put there lots of other things i would like)

The honor rating, more useful here than in native, still, have some useless... so, i was thinking, weekly your relation with less honorable lords will increase, while the relation with more honorable lords will decrease.
This will make the game hardest at beggining, because you already know, you are a dirty "lord" who just reached this plains.
Well, at least that's what i think :razz:

Does the mod still work even though Warband has had a few patches ( 1.160 now and the mod is for 1.143) or should I wait a year or more?

Have already waited many years so a few more shouldnt hurt.

Two quick questions.

I accidentally appointed one of my companions to minister position upon taking my first town. I then did not have the option to replace him with a prominent citizen anymore, only other companions. Any way to get my companion back?

I created an alternative save, hoping that losing all my lands would get me Nizar back, since there would be no place for my court. However, I have waited for weeks ingame now, and asked travellers if they know about any companions. Travellers have no idea where he could be.

Will he return in time or is my game screwed, because I like to get all the companions and deck them out with the best gear. I have all the rest of the companions now, only Nizar missing.

EDIT: So far, have waited for about 2 ingame months. No returning companions for me.

I already started over once, because I didnt like the faith troops I got. Spent hours finding all the companions and then equiping them ( using cheats, thats the way I enjoy the game so shut it), only to do it once again, and honestly, a third time.....I`ll rather wait for the next update.

I found traces of a SoD v4.0, 4.1 and even a 5.0 but where can I dowload it? When I get SoD from this link on this thread I get a "test combatant" SoD mod. It has no formations, no invasion... It basically Warband with new factions, new gear and more mechanics for managing a kindom and fiefs. Its all cool but I'd like to get the better version, I'd really appreciate a quick answer

Never mind. I think I found it. Its just strange that the latest version is said to be 3.92

Back
Top Bottom