WWIICBF Scene Making Guide & New Scene/Maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Ages ago i made a remake of well known map: "Ruins". It hasn't got any WWII features such as trenches or wires etc but i consider it as a fun alternative for the ruins. Mbbe you'd like to check on it?

RealMephisto said:
Ages ago i made a remake of well known map: "Ruins". It hasn't got any WWII features such as trenches or wires etc but i consider it as a fun alternative for the ruins. Mbbe you'd like to check on it?
Of course, just post it here.

Hey, I don't know much about modeling or scene building, but I kind of want to give it a shot for this mod. I've got some ideas I'd like to test out. Would it be possible to use google sketchup to make objects for scenes? The reason I ask is because I'm pretty familiar with google sketchup, and because I spend most of my time on a Mac. I don't think they make Wings 3D for Mac, and if they do it probably isn't free. Actually I just googled it, and it is both for Mac and is free...... anyway do yall think the mac-made models would be compatible with m&b?

edit: definitely should have posted that in the module development thread... my bad.

main question is if any of you scene builders know if google sketchup works with Mount and Blade Warband, and if I could import williambernes models into google sketchup.

I haven't tried google sketchup, but I believe it should be able to import and outport OBJ files, almost every 3d software does, including MnB BRF editers.
Problem is, you can't add any new scene prop into the game without the module system. Only I can add things properly into this mod.
Maybe you should try the scene edit mode first, take a look of all my buildings/scene props, find out if you need anything more, than decide what you do next(scene editing or moduling).

Ah, alright. I didn't really know how that whole system worked till now. I'll give the scene editor a shot.

thanks for the reply

drill_ground.jpg

A: Team 1 spawn point, close to melee, grenade and horse drilling sections.
B: Team 2 spawn point, close to mortar, boat and actual combat sections.
C, D: Drillmaster bunker/tower, controls AI troops, students' ammo and HP from there.
E, F, G: 3 boats.
Yellow lines: Mortar firing range.

training_ground.jpg

A: Spawn points.
B: Melee section, dummies.
C: Grenadier section, destroyed buildings.
D: Horseman section, obstacles and dummies.
E: Boat and island section.
F: Mortar targets section.
G: Actual combat section, AI troops attack from yellow area, students defend blue area.
H: Very high coach bunker, coach can customize the attacking AI's faction, class and waves.
J & I: 2 boats.

Back
Top Bottom