WWII China Battlefield MP v02.17.11 (Patch v03.02.11, for Warband 1.134 )

Users who are viewing this thread

WilliamBerne

Master Knight
WWII China Battlefield MP v02.17.11
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2551
http://www.moddb.com/mods/wwii-china-battlefield
There are already servers in EU, Asia(China) and Australia!
(I know the mod folder's name is still WWIICBF_MP_v2.6.11, don't change it.)

Please install this upgrade patch before you play the game:
v03.02.11 Patch
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2554

v03.02.11
This is mainly for dedicated servers. For the common players, if you already have v03.01.11, it is not necessary to upgrade this one.
2 buggy maps fixed.
Flamethrower animation fixed.
--------------------------------
v03.01.11
Drivable and retrievable boats! (F to start or shut down the motor, WSAD to drive)
More new maps including 1 special made training ground.
Battlefield style game mode: Seesaw Battle(former conquest).
Teammates Rank Display, press N to show your teammates' name and rank directly on the screen.
Press B to call for medic.
Automatically kicks TKer.
Added new clans and clan items.
Bug fixes and game play balancing.
--------------------------------
v02.17.11
Balanced LMS mode.
Added 3 new maps for LMS mode. (Thank you Comrade Temuzu!)
Added 4 new clans.
Chinese translation.
Bug fixes.
---------------------------------
v02.14.11
Balanced gameplay, for example MGs' accuracy decreased, rifles accuracy increased etc.
Slightly lowered the difficulty of LMS mode.
Custom mod key interface.
Mines can be detonated by explosives like grenades now.
Added clan oriented functions. A clan member can use his clan's flag, uniform and other special items.
Added version check, player with older versions of this mod will be warned if he tries to join a internet game.
Canceled master of field of battle mode, the team who has more survivors in it will win the round.
3 community members made new maps for LMS and battle, thank you Antifiriz and Swadian Man at Arms!
Some minor bug fixes.
---------------------------------
v02.07.11
Increased all grenades' price, decreased their throwing speed.
Decreased all MGs' long range accuracy of the default firing position (held against shooter's shoulder).
Fixed some bugs, like mines and defences.
Decreased the number of attacking enemies in Last Man Standing mode.
Some minor adjusts.

Features
8 MP Factions including Empire of Japan.
MGs, mortars, shotguns, flamethrower, all kinds of firearms smoothly working together under the WWII historical context.
7 classes troops, including medics and pioneers, who can build all kinds of fortifications anywhere he chose, rises cooperation between players to a new level.
Massive historical uniforms, equipments and structures, including gasmasks and huge bunkers.
Drivable and retrievable powerboats!(There will be more vehicles)
There are carefully hand made LoDs (not made by some foolish thing like polygon cruncher, but by me myself) for most of the models, including some buildings.
Particle effects for all kinds of activities, muzzle flash, explosion, water splash and so on.
Last Man Standing mode: build and defend the base with your friends against waves of AI attackers. Be careful, these are not zombies, they can use guns and explosives!
Clan supporting system: as a WWIICBF clan member, you will be able to use your own clan's military rank, flag, uniform and items.

New game mode: Last Man Standing. Human players work together to survive.
(These defences were build from nothing by human player pioneers.)
mb1t.jpg

boat.jpg

lugouqiao.jpg

lugouqiao2.jpg

ironbridge.jpg

man_w_mg34.jpg

jaw38.jpg

marsh.jpg

I suggest you play Last Man Standing mode or Seesaw Battle mode, they suit this mod perfectly.
Last Man Standing:
Lugou Bridge
Snowy Camp(not village)
Random Plain
Random Steppe
Mountain Camp (made by nemeruis)
Beach Assault (made by Swadian Man at Arms)
WWII Trench V1 (made by Comrade Temuzu)

Seesaw Battle:
Lugou Bridge
Iron Bridge
Southern Marsh
Snowy Camp
Village

Credits:
Original meshes of type 38 rifle, type 14 pistol, type 11 MG, browning pistol, beautiful chinese caps(and their beautiful textures) and mesh of the new uniforms are from Kelavis.
Some of those new sounds are from DOD:Source, some from Insurgency(they are mods of HL2).
1 sound from KON_AIR's old mod.
1 texture(chinese_sabre) from sylxs's 自制武器&天堂2武器.
New music and photos I used, sorry I don't know who played or took those, but I do feel thankful for their great works!
(Now I do know the great wall pictures were taken by Sha Fei)

Scenes originally made by community members:
Swadian Man at Arms: Beach Assault
Antifiriz: Resistance Camp
nemeruis: Mountain Camp
Comrade Temuzu: WWII Trench V1

Thank you mtarini for making OpenBRF, it is really a good tool, and I do want to pay for your work, cause it saves lots of my time and allows the modders to do more creative changes.
Thank you Thorgrim for making BRFedit.
Thank you kelavis, oolonglgx, rubik,  foxyman,  暗暗十分, aliang227, vahadar, without your helps and advices of dealing with module system, I would never go this far.
Thank you everyone who's supporting me(Swadian Man at Arms, jr, Interceptor, UnholyNighmare, Antifiriz, shadowarcher, NightHawkreal, uio0000, olliewilliams01, wwlus, reklem, HunterAlpha1, kongxinga, Bolkonsky, mr.master, Dwizzle, airbornenik and many other MnB fans), from both this forum and mountblade.com.cn.
At the end, thank you Armagan and the other team members, who have made such a great game and allowed us players to realize our thoughts, thank you!

The others(meshes, textures, codes, scenes) are purely me:
WilliamBerne

Hey guys, I'm doing the last test, if everything goes right, I will release the new version in 1 hour!  :grin:

This thread will be edited to the new releasing thread. But you may not see the introduction of the new MP version, cause it takes time to be written.  :wink:

Well, as I expected, something did go wrong. It takes 20 more minutes to fix it.  :mrgreen:

@Swadian Man at Arms
I saw your prediction. :wink:

14:20
Now I am uploading it on to mbrepository, but it seems that mbrepository refuses to work at the moment.

14:39
It works now, uploaded 12%.

Please run this mod with DirectX 9, or there will be some weird grafic bugs like this
Swadian Man at Arms said:
I thought it's ridiculous to test the DirectX stuff but... :neutral:

mb5b.jpg

mb6e.jpg

Edit: I will test again the rank system and will see if there is a change.

Host your server if you want! No need of permission. But tell me please, I do want to know who like this mod.  :grin:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!! My prediction was right !!!

:grin: :grin: :grin:

uio0000 said:
WilliamBerne said:
will there be a way to balance the awesome firepower of mg34?like overheating or longer reload time,or damage,accuracy?
also,does the bipod works?

Sometimes I can't understand your point. Let's think logically. It was an amazing weapon for it's time (accurate, fast, light and deadly) so that's why it should cost like 7000 Marks. It just needs a high price and everything will be done done. No need to nerf it.

Edit: Welcome to Swadians' hut. Today I will predict the release date. :grin:

So let's see...(scene tweaks: 10 hours; bug fixes: 1 day; adjustments: 8 hours). Aaand here is it ...Sunday !!!
egyptian.gif

Right ? :mrgreen: :sad:

shadowarcher said:
*SCREAMS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!!!!*.....Ahem sorry about that, excellent work william you have earned every right to become a taleworlds god.

+1

Come on, come on, hopefully it's 50 %.

William ! William ! Go, go, go !
happy.gif

uio0000 said:
this will beat everyother wwII warband mod out there once it's released

That's for sure. Even Festung Breslau can't pass through it.

P.S: It's out ! Yehaaa ! Let's try it ! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
P.P.S: MBR is so slow...maybe some screenies ? :mrgreen:

This makes my day :grin:

Awsome William, you just converted me to MP ! (now i need to find some time to play :wink: )

We need a Caravanserai board badly. It seems that this one is a little unpopular. Normally, this thread should have 200 views.

funny because the thread was less read than the number of people who downloaded the file for now :grin:

i guess there are fanboys everywhere ^^

Back
Top Bottom