Diplomacy+OSP meets TweakMB

Users who are viewing this thread

+Raph+

Recruit
G'day folks,

I finally got around to installing a mod that I had downloaded a while back - Diplomacy+OSP.

Very funky additions to the game and I'm looking forward to finishing my current game then starting a new one.

...but... ( notice how there is always a but? )

I wanted to alter some options with TweakMB so as to suit some of my tastes, only to find that just about all of the options are blanked out and are non-editable. Not sure if non-editable is a word, but I'm using it anyway.

Anyone had a similar problem with tweaking mods? And if so has there been worked out a way to get past it?

Cheers in advance.

I had a similar problem with diplomacy and tweak MB.

For the most part however I was able to edit them myself.

This is the nature of TweakMB. Everyone experiences this.

TweakMB tries to edit specific numbers in the .txt files. Complex mods (ones that do more than just add troops or items) make it so the numbers that TweakMB is looking for have moved, or are changed entirely.

Diplomacy likely alters the way the functions you are trying to tweak operate. For some of them, there is no workaround and attempting to make changes to the .txt files yourself would break things.

kefka, the writer of TweakMB, is considering adding support for some mods to his program. See his thread to make suggestions about what mods/features you think should be supported.

Thanks for the replies, lads. Worse come to worse I shall just have to grin and bear the niggles that I would have liked to change.

Out of curiosity... which changes are you trying to make? If I know how to do it manually inside the mod I will tell you.

And this is the point where I show my ugly, greedy, cheating side  :wink:

I wanted to switch the cattle role to follow, but this may be an option that I can still switch... I shut it all down before I looked into it.

The primary option I want to change is the tax ineficiency. I feel it hits you too hard with income, especially if you're king and take a number of provences for yourself.

Cattle you can still do with Diplomacy.

Tax inefficiency is very likely a no-go. Diplomacy alters the way tax inefficiency works. You can adjust it by setting the domestic policies of your kingdom, for instance.

Cattle still worked in TweakMB with Diplomacy as far as I remember but Caba is right... Diplomacy altered the way tax inefficiency works. I could look into it but I am kinda dumb so it will take me a while to get the testing done and find the right settings :p

I do plan to add support for Diplomacy to TweakMB at some future point.  A few weeks from now is probably the earliest it could happen (there are some other changes I have to make to the core TweakMB code first).

Back
Top Bottom