[M] EGWarband 0.80 beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Chel said:
andonai said:
1st - I can´t find your Server in the list, is it a in-game host server?

yes, but I closed it just a minute ago and am now in your server. Do I need to do something extra for in-game server to show up in the list?

Should work fine, if the ports are open...
... but I run always into trouble, if I try tu use the in-game server with a wireless connection.

Edit: Check your PMs

Nice to see this mod ported to WB. It was one of my favorite mods on M&B.  :grin:

Just one question, are there any plans on making a campaign version of this mod?

Edit: also, what's the song you used for the video with the Nordic gameplay? I like the vocalist singing in it.

MrExpendable said:
Nice to see this mod ported to WB. It was one of my favorite mods on M&B.  :grin:

Just one question, are there any plans on making a campaign version of this mod?

Edit: also, what's the song you used for the video with the Nordic gameplay? I like the vocalist singing in it.

no plans for a single player version right now, maybe in the future.
Vocalist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melnitsa

just played it for the first time vs. bots.

Lances (at least great lances) are extremely powerful, you need no momentum to kill.
some of the 2h weapons seemed a bit long, maybe it's just the bot AI.

other than that - LOVE IT! I can't wait to see this all balanced out. the EU server is still being worked on.

can't wait to test against other players

Splintert said:
just played it for the first time vs. bots.

Lances (at least great lances) are extremely powerful, you need no momentum to kill.
some of the 2h weapons seemed a bit long, maybe it's just the bot AI.

other than that - LOVE IT! I can't wait to see this all balanced out. the EU server is still being worked on.

can't wait to test against other players

Thanks for the feedback  :grin:
Yes, lances need to be reduced in base damage slightly.

*Cries*

I'll be downloading this now*!

Seems the only server running this module atm (WB_Expanded or something) has an average ping of 400 for Europe. D: Dung!

suggested game mode:

get the charm of fear!
one member of the bear clan faction carries the charm, and the opposing side must find and kill that person (or kill with a blunt weapons??) the bear clan cannot respawn but the attackers can respawn.

Splintert said:
double post  :oops:

my thoughts on the siege bow: it is too weak to be useful, maybe guarantee a one hit kill and leave the speed as is?

really? I thought the damage was quite high, but I'll have another look.

Splintert said:
the damage is high, but it's simply too slow to be used over the battle bow.

Time is perfect. Medieval bows were extremely slow, it's good as it is.

btw, i downloaded today and I must say UNBELIEVABLE!!!! :grin: I dont have time now, but expect me to write sum nice things about this mod today in the evening :smile:

Ok, here I am :smile:

Well, I think your mod is one of the most realistic for WB :smile: Sounds are awesome, equipment and historical items too. It is very balanced, no unit is overpowered. But some suggestions:

- more bow damage, but make them slower
- make lances slower (from 78 speed to, hm..... 74?)
- make 2h a little slower (for exapmle claymore from 102 speed to 99).

It seems only thing you need is to slooooow down :grin:

And some epic maps, if you know what I mean :smile: Mod is really great, I'll watch your progress! Regards,

Hof

Thanks for the positive feedback Hof :grin:
I will keep your suggestions in mind for next update. Yes, I will slow things down a little in general.
And I saw the thread you made on the Polish forum about the mod (http://www.mountblade.info/forum/index.php?topic=6972.new), thanks )

Hofiko said:
Splintert said:
the damage is high, but it's simply too slow to be used over the battle bow.

Time is perfect. Medieval bows were extremely slow, it's good as it is.

btw, i downloaded today and I must say UNBELIEVABLE!!!! :grin: I dont have time now, but expect me to write sum nice things about this mod today in the evening :smile:

medieval bows are slow, but this isn't medieval society like Earth had. EGWarband should be designed competitively with a hint of realism, imo, because the base mod was not particularly realistic xD

I must apologize for that. While I was writing this, I only knew about Vaegir best bow ( I was testing with 10 k, so why I should buy cheap bow?). And It's extremally slow, I mean, perfect :smile: For example, Khergit bows are unbelievably fast, 1... *zip* *zip* *zip* 2... *zip* *zip* *zip* 3.....  :lol:

Hofiko said:
I must apologize for that. While I was writing this, I only knew about Vaegir best bow ( I was testing with 10 k, so why I should buy cheap bow?). And It's extremally slow, I mean, perfect :smile: For example, Khergit bows are unbelievably fast, 1... *zip* *zip* *zip* 2... *zip* *zip* *zip* 3.....  :lol:

yes, khergit bows are fast but don't penetrate armour very well. the lowest vaegir bow is also decently fast

Seems the Dedicated Server is down again, for I see none servers with this module loaded.

Back
Top Bottom