cRPG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackfish

Knight at Arms
Reading round the forums a bit, there seems to be a lot of hate against cRPG, or the cRPG forum. Why is this? As far as I can tell cRPG is a multiplayer Warband mod, or does that acronym have some other meaning around here?

This thread sparked my curiosity and I payed the cRPG subforum a visit. The first thing I saw was someone with a brand new account asking for help getting their pirated version of Warband to work with cRPG. From there I saw complaints about server bans, and someone trolling those threads. I can see why there is a certain displeasure associated with cRPG.

My only complaints with the cRPG's denizens occur when one of them feels entitled and/or superior and comes to demand forum changes or attempts to troll the OT. Oh, and the jerks that feel the need to punish the female players with endless "tits or GTFO" messages, but they fall into the "entitled" category.

This is kinda like asking why people dislike mould on their food.

Jokes aside, I think there certainly are some decent lads among the ungodly mess there, but for example, I believe Chadz once said something about not liking how the mod was at the moment, and there were, honestly, people demanding him to change the mod in ways he did not like. That's also the entitlement Shatari was talking about, but it makes the lot of them look like assholes.

FrisianDude said:
Jokes aside, I think there certainly are some decent lads among the ungodly mess there, but for example, I believe Chadz once said something about not liking how the mod was at the moment, and there were, honestly, people demanding him to change the mod in ways he did not like. That's also the entitlement Shatari was talking about, but it makes the lot of them look like assholes.
This. It blows my mind every time I see that.
Some of them act like they're monthly subscribers to something.

Add to that the load of idiots with female avatars pretending to be lesbians, the horrible trolls - horrible as in "bad at what they're doing" - and the whole gridning mindset many have. Seeing threads about how they apparently wasted time when the server has a roll-back because of some bug and so on. How can it be wasted if you actually would have had fun? :roll:

Also, why did you post this in the realm and not the Anachronist's Guild? And this is a silly thread in general.

It's quite simple, really.

Because
  • cRPG killed Native
  • cRPG players invaded Native
  • cRPG players have no skill
  • cRPG players are better than Native players
  • cRPG players like grind
  • Native players are boring
  • cRPG players are boring
  • cRPG is fun, Native isn't
  • Native is fun, cRPG isn't
  • some Native players have more fun than cRPG players
  • some cRPG players have more fun than Native players
  • cRPG brought new trolls
  • that threatens the old trolls

On a more serious note, it's a very simple human behaviour. It's the same reason why there are apple haters and apple fanboys. Once an underdog reaches a critical mass, people feel they have to take a side. If company/project/whatever xyz is small, you either like it, or ignore it. If it grows people need to take a side, because of various psychological effects that are somewhat related to jealousy. So ignoring is no longer an option, liking neither, so hate is the only thing left.

There is actually quite some literature about the subject, very interesting really.

So why is there so much hate against cRPG?
Because it's so very, very human.

Magorian Aximand said:
The first thing I saw was someone with a brand new account asking for help getting their pirated version of Warband to work with cRPG.
The reason for that is that cRPG is one of the few mods that can't be played with a cracked warband because of it's centralized system. So people are surprised that they can't find hacked cRPG servers :smile:

However, good people, do not worry, we will ask for the cRPG subforum to be closed down for good soon enough, then you can go back to the joyful place the TW forums once were, before cRPG arrived.

Wellenbrecher said:
Also, why did you post this in the realm and not the Anachronist's Guild? And this is a silly thread in general.
Isn't community-related stuff what the Realm is for?

I guess I get that a lot of them are entitled, and/or are asshats... but that's really not unique to one particular mod community... Off the top of my head I can think of a couple of pretty unpleasant mod subforums, but only cRPG receives this kind of hate. I was just curious as to why.

Probably because cRPG, by it's nature, tends to attract more trolls than others. That, and most of the ****wits overspill of people posting in the wrong forums tends to be someone whining about being banned from a server and demanding re-instatement, which gives rise to a tendency to picture them as whiny little brats. Not to mention the two or three who wandered into OT and thought posting 4chan memes was a good idea ...

You could also name it "How to not do it", put it on the index and we can move every single stupid thread there. :lol:

chadz said:
It's quite simple, really.

Because
  • cRPG killed Native
  • cRPG players invaded Native
  • cRPG players have no skill
  • cRPG players are better than Native players
  • cRPG players like grind
  • Native players are boring
  • cRPG players are boring
  • cRPG is fun, Native isn't
  • Native is fun, cRPG isn't
  • some Native players have more fun than cRPG players
  • some cRPG players have more fun than Native players
  • cRPG brought new trolls
  • that threatens the old trolls

On a more serious note, it's a very simple human behaviour. It's the same reason why there are apple haters and apple fanboys. Once an underdog reaches a critical mass, people feel they have to take a side. If company/project/whatever xyz is small, you either like it, or ignore it. If it grows people need to take a side, because of various psychological effects that are somewhat related to jealousy. So ignoring is no longer an option, liking neither, so hate is the only thing left.

There is actually quite some literature about the subject, very interesting really.

So why is there so much hate against cRPG?
Because it's so very, very human.

Magorian Aximand said:
The first thing I saw was someone with a brand new account asking for help getting their pirated version of Warband to work with cRPG.
The reason for that is that cRPG is one of the few mods that can't be played with a cracked warband because of it's centralized system. So people are surprised that they can't find hacked cRPG servers :smile:

However, good people, do not worry, we will ask for the cRPG subforum to be closed down for good soon enough, then you can go back to the joyful place the TW forums once were, before cRPG arrived.
So, tell me.

How does it feel to create a monster? :razz:

Jokes aside, everyone hates cRPGers because they are the newbies. When Warband was released, everyone hated the wave that came with it. When cRPG was properly released, the same thing happened. A forum this big has to have something common to hate.
Just wait until something like With Fire and Sword or The Last Days is released :lol:

TLD. Hah.

Probably right though. There's going to be haters. But they'll be far out weighed by the non-haters, who'll hate them out of existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom