OFFICIAL EVENT: The Battle of Fulford!

Users who are viewing this thread

Turanien

fulford.png

Come, grab your spear and your shield. The Northmen have come to burn our homes; 15,000 are upon our shores and have made heavy footfall into our fair land. The Earls of the North, Morcar and Edwin, summon all to the fighting warband again. The traitorous Tostig, brother of our good King Godwineson, has joined arms with that of Hardrada in an attempt to wrestle back his own power. Stand firm, this shall be our day, men of Engla land! To war!

Kinsmen. The piss-rats of England will fall before us before the coming of winter. The Earl Tostig has promised us the support many of the Englisc, although whether they will fulfill his promises, I do not know. To England! Prepare the longships and set about over the whale-road.

Alright...

Welcome to the first official event of Vikingr! We've specifically chosen the historic Battle of Fulford as a great way to kick off the mod. This will see the Anglo-Saxons pitted against the Vikingr as they defend the approach to York.
We of the Einherjar and Shieldings invite you all to join us this Sunday at 19:00 GMT for some epic shield-walls and close melee fighting that will ultimately determine the fate of England. There will be some ground rules though, as well as some more details that will be sorted in the coming days so keep an eye on the thread! The server will be locked down prior to the event beginning, I will ensure that all participants receive the password in good time.

Key Points:

Server Name: Einherjar_Server
Date: Sunday 6th February
Time: 19:00 GMT (If you are unsure of timezones, please double-check.

TeamSpeak:

- Address: 62.20.172.153
- Port: 8767
- Room: Vikingr Event - The Battle of Fulford

vikingrchannel.jpg

Server Password: Will be distributed closer to date.

Additional Notes: We would appreciate beginning the event as close to the allocated time slot as possible. The server will be passworded an 30 minutes before the event (18:30 GMT)

Classes: The two leader classes are currently reserved. The remainder of the other classes (exempting berserkrs) will be free to choose due to the class limit. However, where specified, the bannermen are defined in the roster.

Ground Rules:

Teams: Once you have signed up for a team, stay there. We have roughly 38 slots per team (I would like someone to film this seperately) and it will not help the process if people are switching up teams mid-match or before.

Fight: The opposing teams will always meet each and face over the ford in shield-wall formations. They will not engage in any combat, ranged or otherwise, before the melee begins. Once the melee begins, all is free-play.

Berserkrs: There will be no berserkrs on the night! The berserkr shall make his appearance at the Battle of Stamford Bridge.

Bannermen: The banner-man must always stand with his leader, till death. If the banner-man falls, another must take his place and hold it aloft. To the death!

By signing up to this event you hereby agree to follow these rules set out in this post. We must remind you that it is the first form of event that we have hosted for the community and thus we would appreciate your unremitting patience in the process of setting this up. There will inevitably be problems and hitches but again, it is a learning process for us. Onwards and forwards! To many more in the future....

Total Players: 75/80

One Spec Slot: ProjectAngel (Recording)

Vikingr

Current Slots:38/38

Chieftain:
-Einherjar_NaglFaar

Fighting Men:
-WoN_Tumph
-Lord Kramuk
-Einherjar_Godnoken
-Einherjar_Ginthus
-Einherjar_Rathos
-Einherjar_ZnurX
-Einherjar_Gule
-Einherjar_Davee
-Einherjar_LordT
-Einherjar_Fennris
-Shieldings_ComingWinter
-Shieldings_Titantoe
-Shieldings_Killerblead
-Shieldings_Arrow
-Sheildings_Amon
-IG_CrayonVonCaesar
-IG_Miwiwiwiwwiwiwiwiwiwiwi
-Bugzee
-Desportan
-Bork
-Si
-REF_Chidori
-REF_Movart
-REF_Axan
-REF_Barto
-REF_Samowar
-REF_Asdam
-REF_Vivace
-REF_Antykaczor
-HarkonHakoon
-IG Lord Willy
-CoR_Kazzan
-Egalmoth
-TK_T4R0X
-Mr Boom
-BattleOfValmy
-Lord_Milton

Anglo-Saxon

Current Slots:38/38

Earl:
-Shieldings_Eiríkur,

Fighting Men:
-Shieldings_DamnUCorey (Bannerman)
-Shieldings_Hengist
-Shieldings_Ischenous
-Shieldings_ChaosAD
-Sheildings_Fyrd
-WoN_King of Scotland
-WoN_BlackAdder
-WoN_Martinoff
-22nd_Baldrider
-22nd_Harlequin
-22nd_chaw00t
-22nd_coffee
-22nd_Kelturan
-22nd_NoScope
-22nd_DziOob
-22nd_Henk
-22nd_Borondil
-mitchell23
-Deliverance_G_OL
-52nd_RianOFearghail_M_OL
-Cenwulf
-Ferago
-Commander_Shepard
-Angantyr//Raegenhere
-CoR_Modus_Tollens
-CoR_DavidMF_VB
-Mahon
-Dupencja
-Rallic_Karlsefni
-SCS_Geo_Oreo
-Kogrimar
-MERC_Cifre
-Thomas Caravard
-Garret/Blackfish
-Perkele_JOPOTINTTI
-RasdenFasden
-Kasimir
-Surkal
-Hetman_Fyedka

Hey,I love this mod and i always waited for something like this...sign me up at Anglo-Saxons under Eirikuir's command. Thanks!
I'd like to be a Hurscal

Turanien said:
Total Players: 10/80

Vikingr

Chieftain:
-Einherjar_NaglFaar

Fighting Men:
-tumph
-Lord Kramuk
-Einherjar_Godnoken
-Einherjar_Ginthus
-Einherjar_Rathos