[OSP][Music] Warband Live Music

Users who are viewing this thread

Warband Live Music
Jesse Hopkins is a talented composer and his music is really gorgeous! But it is orchestral. We love orchestras for the great Hollywood epic atmosphere. But for better historical immersion of the (pseudo) medieval games, I'd like to hear the music of those times with the instruments of those times and without a "modern" orchestra. It is much simplest, but much immersive like you have no "soundtrack" for the game, but the music of that world. So I imagine strolling musicians with one or two instruments earned their bread by singing in taverns and in the courts of feudal lords. Or a warrior with a domra in his backpack (like a violin in the backpack of Volker von Alzey from the Song of Nibelungs). Or a drum squad with a hurdy-gurdy playing at the start of the battle. So I decided to play this music by myself, with my own real instruments and my exclusive samples instruments (like the hurdy-gurdy of Sashko Lirhyk). I think I will convey the atmosphere of a pseudo-Middle Ages, it is very close to me. Please, use it in your mods (with credits) or just listen.
Instruments:
Domras (alt and bass) - played by me
War drums (floor toms) - played by me
Tambourine - played by me
Drymba (jaw harp) - played by me
Voices - my
Little African tam-tam (made of monkey skin) - played by me
Clapping hands, clicking fingers, etc. :grin: - played by me
Sopilka, cut sopilka - played by me
Jaleika (sampled) - sampled by me
Lira (Hurdy-Gurdy) - sampled by me
Tsymbaly (Hammered Dulcimer) - sampled by me
etc.
Listen & Download on Bandcamp

Last edited:
Omg, these are amazing!

When is your next consert and where?

I've only listened to the sarranid battle one yet and I love it! :grin: Maybe it's an idea to upload them to youtube so people can listen to them more easily?

Edit; listening to the Khergit one now. I like the sense of speed. :grin:

Sounds very nice and reminds me times when there was no such **** as Warband (I didn't mean to insult anyone playing WB, it's just my personal opinion).

Come to Turkey, i will make the whole thing, believe me, whatever you want will be done,
Well. If you're going to organize our concert in Ankara - always invite Armagan! It would be an honor for us! :grin:
Oops!  :oops: Stop offtop!

CHUR said:
Come to Turkey, i will make the whole thing, believe me, whatever you want will be done,
Well. If you're going to organize our concert in Ankara - always invite Armagan! It would be an honor for us! :grin:
Oops!  :oops: Stop offtop!

Sure. I will make some hot chicks dance with you while you sing but off topic indeed.

You make some lovely music. The two I've heard so far (Vaegir and Tavern) have great ambiance and I can just imagine them being played by a bard. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom