[Warband][M] The Wild Wind - Old west roleplaying (patch released!) [Old Thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you try to pick up a big stack of items and you can't carry them all, when you drop all the extra ones they're gone forever.

invisibility is basically an armour that makes the user see through, Persistent world use it for admins, if you click it on your armour is replaced with a armour that basically makes your sprite  invisible. its great when combined with teleport :razz: so you can watch people misbehaving without seeing us watching them doing it

those tools will do great :grin:, teleport been my favourite.

Can you make local a different colour like yellow if you cant fix it ? :grin: so its easier to distinguish between them?

also there's a issue where people place a wall and surf on it to make flying bases and elevators which kinda defeats the purpose of base building :razz:

what else... maybe limit the range someone can move a prop from their character? or people can move then stupidly far and troll with them from a distance and we wont know who did it?

all of these ideas aren't really urgent but just things to think about

The only problem I see with the mod is that I dont know what to do! I see no tutorial in the mod folder nor any hints list.. I dont even know where you go to get axes and crap.

Also imo I think it would be better to have pre made towns. It would make rp more enjoyable as you spend more time rping instead of building walls. Has anyone even finished making a complete town yet? Imo having lots of forts all over isnt cool. We need towns before we can have a police force!

Shred, you sir are a hero and a gentleman.

I had a great time today with a merry band of chums. We called ourselves the Redvests (For obvious reasons) and defended a succession of forts from the mob masses. We also captured a fort towards the end.

Also, this really ****ing needs its own subforum.

Uhm, can you make it where the map doesn't get cluttered with clothing items laying around and boxes and... generally a bunch of junk? Really makes stuff look bad.

I also suggest making ALL props destructible. That way people can get rid of stupidly placed props that other people left in an area before them instead of the only way to get rid of them being to have that person delete them.

Sorry if folks have already noted these points, and if I've wasted any of your time. I think the mod has great potential.

Saboteur100 said:
Uhm, can you make it where the map doesn't get cluttered with clothing items laying around and boxes and... generally a bunch of junk? Really makes stuff look bad.

I also suggest making ALL props destructible. That way people can get rid of stupidly placed props that other people left in an area before them instead of the only way to get rid of them being to have that person delete them.

Sorry if folks have already noted these points, and if I've wasted any of your time. I think the mod has great potential.

Next patch will make it so boxes disappear after 60 seconds (but the timer is reset every time a new item is put in the box). The props that are not currently destructible will probably be made destructible later. Right now he is concentrating on bug fixes, I think.

Not sure about clothes. He'll probably fix clothes along with ammo (which can't be given to other players atm).

Saboteur100 said:

Oops, just noticed dropped items (ones outside of crates) were set to never go away. Fixed it now though. Making all props destructible is something I kept forgetting to do. Just did it now. :smile:

Ah yes, an important one that Apoca mentioned. Ammunition cannot be dropped! Found this out today and it made being a Lawman a right chore, as you'd need to craft your own ammunition (which requires you to obtain a hammer, smelted iron and crafting skill) whenever you ran out or wanted to upgrade your weapon.

Fixing that along with Bounties would make gun manufacturing (for Good players) a viable business, as Lawmen could earn money by killing bandits and use it to buy better equipment from craftsmen.

ok ill give this mod a try. but if i get randomed too many times or you neglect me i'm breaking up with you.

Larken said:
Ah yes, an important one that Apoca mentioned. Ammunition cannot be dropped! Found this out today and it made being a Lawman a right chore, as you'd need to craft your own ammunition (which requires you to obtain a hammer, smelted iron and crafting skill) whenever you ran out or wanted to upgrade your weapon.

Fixing that along with Bounties would make gun manufacturing (for Good players) a viable business, as Lawmen could earn money by killing bandits and use it to buy better equipment from craftsmen.

You can if you do it in multiples of >1.

Larken said:

Yeh I had the same problem, the thing is if you drop two rifle ammo bags it appears, if its only one it dissapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom